Week 7 GDT - New England Patriots vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

@Forge, boy, we were so wrong about this game on the podcast lol. 

what a complete beat down by the 49ers. But, like every win this year, we can only be so happy about it. The injury gods just won’t let us have anything this year.

At least we both picked a niner win!

Lol

• Like 1

Twas a great win. Just sucks that the NFC West is so fierce right now. Only three other times in NFL history has an entire division all had winning records after 7 weeks. 

Anyway next week...well yeah. Round 1 with that stupid hobbit. Schedule just gets rougher and rougher. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Twas a great win. Just sucks that the NFC West is so fierce right now. Only three other times in NFL history has an entire division all had winning records after 7 weeks. 

Anyway next week...well yeah. Round 1 with that stupid hobbit. Schedule just gets rougher and rougher. 

Definitely, but it puts the teams fighting for the last few playoff spots in damn near must win games from like week 10-11 on. Will be an exciting finish. 

Schedule gets rougher and rougher, but Jimmy gets healthier and healthier. That alone gives us a shot in these games. The loss of Deebo is huge though, no other way around it. Dude is a monster with the ball in his hands and we can do so many more things when he is on the field. But the loss of Deebo for a few weeks just means Aiyuk will get his shot to prove he can be a #1 WR in this league. His catch radius is pretty insane and he can do a lot of the things Deebo can with the ball in his hands. He's also the lone WR that Jimmy will target past 15 yards. 

Next week's game is going to be stressful, frustrating at times, exciting and will almost surely come down to the wire. I just hope after the Seahawks defense played over 80 snaps last night, that we can wear them down and go for the kill late in the game. 

• Like 1

Just saw this, what the hell is Jeff talking about? Who cares how Newton dresses? He's bringing more attention to how he dresses? I mean he's been dressing like this since he's gotten to the league. I guess he can only dress this way when his team is winning and they are playing well?

I've noticed that crew has been trying to make some strong statements this year. First from Whitner calling out Spoon for not starting vs Miami and now this. Maybe they were told by their bosses that they need to bring in more ratings so more hot takes?

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just saw this, what the hell is Jeff talking about? Who cares how Newton dresses? He's bringing more attention to how he dresses? I mean he's been dressing like this since he's gotten to the league. I guess he can only dress this way when his team is winning and they are playing well?

I've noticed that crew has been trying to make some strong statements this year. First from Whitner calling out Spoon for not starting vs Miami and now this. Maybe they were told by their bosses that they need to bring in more ratings so more hot takes?

Absurd. This is why I don't watch these shows anymore. Last season I said enough was enough. Garcia and Whitner, as much as I love them as former 49ers are liking like clowns with some of those takes. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

This play was beautiful and just look at the Pats backers all hesitant and scared to overcommit since Jimmy had gotten the ball behind them a few times prior to that play on play actions. This is when you know Shanny's system is working to a T and he has everything going his way.

Might have been Shanahan's best called game since he's been here. Pats defense is still DAMN good. Just a few weeks ago they held the Chiefs in check and even though they lost last week, it wasn't because of the defense. 

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Absurd. This is why I don't watch these shows anymore. Last season I said enough was enough. Garcia and Whitner, as much as I love them as former 49ers are liking like clowns with some of those takes. 

It's terrible, really can't watch any post-game shows anymore. I can't recall the last time I have. I watch the highlights on the NFL youtube page of all games or the games I'm interested in and that's it. 

Newton was terrible yesterday and the week prior. Why not just leave it at that? Why take this unnecessary angle? Clearly Garcia has something against Cam and was ready to go on a rant if the Pats lost. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's terrible, really can't watch any post-game shows anymore. I can't recall the last time I have. I watch the highlights on the NFL youtube page of all games or the games I'm interested in and that's it. 

Newton was terrible yesterday and the week prior. Why not just leave it at that? Why take this unnecessary angle? Clearly Garcia has something against Cam and was ready to go on a rant if the Pats lost. 

I agree with you both. I've felt this way for a few years now. I remember back in 2012-2013 or so, watching the NFL highlights show. They'd show 1 minute of highlights and 5-10 minutes of (often inane) analysis and stupid hot takes. Now that i watch Redzone whenever the Niners aren't on, and major highlights are posted on this site all the time, i don't bother with that stuff anymore. Whats worse is one of my close football friends LOVES Bayless, Shannan Sharpe, Stephen A Smith and will sometimes regurgitate their trash. I just tune him out when he brings them up. 

Besides the games themselves and the highlights, as well as discussion on this message board, i do like Brian Baldinger as well as PFF/Next Gen/Advanced stats etc. They at least educate me and tell me something new, or confirm what i saw with my own eyes. Much better than Whitner saying garbage like "Witherspoon is soft" 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I agree with you both. I've felt this way for a few years now. I remember back in 2012-2013 or so, watching the NFL highlights show. They'd show 1 minute of highlights and 5-10 minutes of (often inane) analysis and stupid hot takes. Now that i watch Redzone whenever the Niners aren't on, and major highlights are posted on this site all the time, i don't bother with that stuff anymore. Whats worse is one of my close football friends LOVES Bayless, Shannan Sharpe, Stephen A Smith and will sometimes regurgitate their trash. I just tune him out when he brings them up. 

Besides the games themselves and the highlights, as well as discussion on this message board, i do enjoy the PFF/Next-Gen stats analysis. If i want analysis from people/sites who just focus on football and not hot takes, i do like Brian Baldinger as well as PFF/Next Gen/Advanced stats etc. They at least educate me and tell me something new, or confirm what i saw with my own eyes. Much better than Whitner saying garbage like "Witherspoon is soft" 

I think far more people really like watching debate shows and often times repeat what they say if it fits their argument. A lot of LeBron haters would use what Bayless said about him and then use it for their arguments. It's wild lol.

Yeah, I don't know what Whitner and Garcia get out of this. 

But speaking of Spoon, on one third down, Saleh pulled Greenlaw out and inserted Spoon who was pretty much responsible for any crosser in the middle of the field. REALLY nice tweak there. I think against Seattle, especially on passing downs when they spread it out, Saleh needs to utilize that package. This way you could end up having Spoon on Moore or Olsen or Dessly instead of Greenlaw, who is a good player but not the best when isolated in coverage. Obviously you give away a lot in the run game but I'm just talking obvious passing downs. How Saleh approaches this week will be very interesting. His biggest test of the season minus when he had to play a dude from the street at corner. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where are you hearing that? I definitely don't expect him back before the Saints game at the earliest, but more likely after the bye week. 

Stefania Bell, which apparently came from Shanny himself. After the bye week is a long time...that's more than an IR stint at this point.