Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Ojulari, Dickerson, Meinerz, JOK, Jenkins, Perkins, Samuel Jr, Ossai, Humphrey, Basham, Forsythe, Davis, and more still available. 

The late round run on edge defenders yesterday was disappointing.  If Oweh was still on the board, I'd be advocating for a trade up right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

I think we go OL and Edge today.  there's about 10-12 guys I would be happy with at 42 so I hope the Giants take one of them

One guy who sticks out to me if he makes it to our pick is Teven Jenkins. Right tackle out of OSU. If not him then go on the defensive side of the ball and grab either JOK or Azeez 

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

The late round run on edge defenders yesterday was disappointing.  If Oweh was still on the board, I'd be advocating for a trade up right now.

Giants had to know it was coming though. When they made the choice to take Toney at 20, they knew they weren't going to get an upper tier edge this draft, sadly. They had to know. 

iOL is going to be where the value is at 42. What's good is we alsl have a need there. 

I like Elerson Smith as another developmental guy probably tomorrow. Remember, Judge has a very specific profile he wants for LBs. I'm assuming that means edge as well. Paye did not fit that profile, which is why we passed on him. 

7 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

One guy who sticks out to me if he makes it to our pick is Teven Jenkins. Right tackle out of OSU. If not him then go on the defensive side of the ball and grab either JOK or Azeez 

Yeah I'm an OSU fan and he's a solid prospect but do we really need another right tackle?  Just see our need being on the IOL not at tackle.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Yeah I'm an OSU fan and he's a solid prospect but do we really need another right tackle?  Just see our need being on the IOL not at tackle.

I think honestly it has to do with competition. Depth is one thing but competition is always needed to push guys. Jenkins could be the pick but well see. Plus with how much rotation the gmen do on their oline i could see this happening

Just now, Giants4eva said:

I think honestly it has to do with competition. Depth is one thing but competition is always needed to push guys. Jenkins could be the pick but well see. Plus with how much rotation the gmen do on their oline i could see this happening

I get the value of the pick but I'd hate to see this team ignore the IOL.  We all know what we have in Will Hernandez.  I guess we could consider the latest fa signing an upgrade but I'm tired of seeing Barkley getting slammed behind the line of scrimmage or seeing the pocket collapse the second the ball is snapped.  

• Like 1