Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Where do you rank our top 3 needs?

I see it as LG, Edge and NT.  Sure another receiver would be nice but after signing Golladay and Rudolph it's not as high on my list, however I'd still like to add one and that one is Nico Collins or even a Cordell Powell in the later rounds.  Believe either one of these guys will develop into starters.

If we drafted a NT in the first my head would explode, the one thing I like about this draft class for the IDL position is that it's a fairly deep class that talent can be found day 3 of this draft.  

There is also a lot of talent at edge, where you can find specialized talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  There is only one, imo worth the 11th pick and that's Parsons.  Which if he falls to 11th, I'm sure the coaching staff will be pushing for the team to draft him.  

If we don't go IOL with the first, I'd like to see the team draft a mauler type center to control the LOS and move Gates to LG.  

I see our top 3 needs as LG, EDGE, and center. Meinerz and Dickerson are interesting prospects for Day 2. If we address OC today, which I don't expect us to do, then we probably take Creed Humphrey.

I really like this class because it's so deep at so many positions--WR, RB, EDGE, LB and CB in particular. It's hard to go wrong... although, like Howie Roseman, you still can if you really put your mind to it. 😁

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

I see our top 3 needs as LG, EDGE, and center. Meinerz and Dickerson are interesting prospects for Day 2. If we address OC today, which I don't expect us to do, then we probably take Creed Humphrey.

I really like this class because it's so deep at so many positions--WR, RB, EDGE, LB and CB in particular. It's hard to go wrong... although, like Howie Roseman, you still can if you really put your mind to it. 😁

Glad I'm not the only one that sees center as a need.  Was torn between center or NT with the 3rd overall need.  Just don't think gates is strong enough to keep the pocket clean for Jones.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Glad I'm not the only one that sees center as a need.  Was torn between center or NT with the 3rd overall need.  Just don't think gates is strong enough to keep the pocket clean for Jones.

Yeah. I didn't see the same improvement from Gates that I did from, say, Andrew Thomas.

You still view NT as a top 3 need even with Austin Johnson?

Just now, y*so*blu said:

Yeah. I didn't see the same improvement from Gates that I did from, say, Andrew Thomas.

You still view NT as a top 3 need even with Austin Johnson?

Yeah...mainly because Dalvin left some big shoes to fill.  Not sure we'll find anything close to him in this draft but there are a couple that have the potential to be good in the later rounds.

In fact I'm leaning more to center as our 3rd highest need after talking about it more.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Yeah...mainly because Dalvin left some big shoes to fill.  Not sure we'll find anything close to him in this draft but there are a couple that have the potential to be good in the later rounds.

In fact I'm leaning more to center as our 3rd highest need after talking about it more.

I'm with you on that. Losing Dalvin was tough. 

15 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Alright final pick. Who they taking. My heart wants Smith but my head says Slater. 

I want Slater but I think the Giants want Smith.

Did a final mock. I hauled in Slater, Jayson Oweh, Tylan Wallace, Drew Dalman, Chuba Hubbard, Tre Brown, Khyiris Tonga, and Cary Angeline. I'd be thrilled with that, at least the first 6 guys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I want Slater but I think the Giants want Smith.

Did a final mock. I hauled in Slater, Jayson Oweh, Tylan Wallace, Drew Dalman, Chuba Hubbard, Tre Brown, Khyiris Tonga, and Cary Angeline. I'd be thrilled with that, at least the first 6 guys.

I'm the exact opposite.  I think they should take Slater, but I believe smith will be the pick

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Meinerz would be awesome in round 2.

10 hours ago, Acgott said:

Also for tonight...

Once I see the pick on Twitter, I’m (or someone else) creating the thread. I’m not waiting for the TV feed, as my stream will be slow anyway.

Friendly reminder to stay away from the forum if you don’t want to be spoiled.