Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

Just now, Giants4eva said:

Creed Humphrey. Thats a guy id like. I caught a few games with him at Oklahoma and that kid is flat out nasty 

Agreed...He's the type that could control the line of scrimmage and keep the pocket from collapsing.  Also like Trey Hill from Georgia but he's projected to go much later.

33 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The late round run on edge defenders yesterday was disappointing.  If Oweh was still on the board, I'd be advocating for a trade up right now.

After the trade down to 20 I really expected us to trade up in the late 1st to nab one of these edge rushers.  I'm hoping that there is a run on receiver and corner in these early picks and these top rated linebackers continue to drop.  Just feel if we don't target one with this 2nd that it'll be slim pickings in the 3rd.  

31 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

After the trade down to 20 I really expected us to trade up in the late 1st to nab one of these edge rushers.  I'm hoping that there is a run on receiver and corner in these early picks and these top rated linebackers continue to drop.  Just feel if we don't target one with this 2nd that it'll be slim pickings in the 3rd.  

I was laying in bed watching the draft tracker thinking please don’t take Oweh.  Freaking Ravens 

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

I was laying in bed watching the draft tracker thinking please don’t take Oweh.  Freaking Ravens 

Right...haha.

Was thinking that Joe Tryon would have slipped a little further down.  Freaking Tampa Bay.

There is still talent that I'd be happy to have at OLB, we've got Azeez Ojulari, Joseph Ossai, Pete Werner, Jordan Smith and Chris Rumph or if we opt for the heavier edge rusher, Carlos Basham Jr., Rashad Weaver and Patrick Jones.  Not all are 2nd or even 3rd round talent, but I wouldn't mind adding any of these players to our roster.

So ready to get this draft started up to see who we end up with.  Torn between taking one of these ranked OLB/Edge guys or beefing up the IOL with this pick.  

34 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

He wont get to us, but the line backer from Notre Dame can play.  Also wouldn't mind a corner if one fell to us.  

Yeah, he's got some speed off the edge, really the only knock on him is he's thin to man the edge position, some consider him a tweener safety/linebacker.  But from an adding talent perspective he's got value.

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Yeah, he's got some speed off the edge, really the only knock on him is he's thin to man the edge position, some consider him a tweener safety/linebacker.  But from an adding talent perspective he's got value.

Exactly my thoughts.  He only weight 217, but can certainly play.  Woud love to see Patrick Graham get creative with ways to use him

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

Exactly my thoughts.  He only weight 217, but can certainly play.  Woud love to see Patrick Graham get creative with ways to use him

With McKinney and Ryan at safety, I think the Giants will use Peppers in the box more this year.  In a similar role that JOK would play.

48 minutes ago, Gmen said:

With McKinney and Ryan at safety, I think the Giants will use Peppers in the box more this year.  In a similar role that JOK would play.

Yea, that's fair, but if he worked out we could also save a ton of money by letting Peppers walk after this year and just getting a pick for him