Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

@ny92mike Wyatt Davis is off the board. Sorry for your loss!

Yes..haha.  These mocks had this kid as the 3rd best guard and I just didn't see it.  He still went higher than I would have taken him, but just glad it wasn't us.

Not much left at the interior o line.  I'd still be good with Trey Hill in the 4th.  Tennessee Trey Smith looked good too but I hear he's got injury concerns is why he's dropping.  D'Ante Smith is ok but outside of that I wouldn't draft anyone else until the 6th at which point I doubt they would make an impact.

Surprised D. Nixon DT for Iowa is still available at this point IDL seems like the popular position heading into the 4th round still a lot of talent there.  Also, RB is looking good in terms of value.  

From what I was seeing in rounds 2 and 3 is that there were the value for IOL wasnt there but there was a lot of value for tackles but we are fine in that area. If the value isn’t there for IOL then I don’t get it. And regardless if we address it that position in our upcoming picks we’re still hinging on the development of what we have because relying on latter rounds for OL improvement is not encouraging.

Really hoping that our oline isn't an issue this year.  If it is, it falls on Gettleman for not addressing it in this draft.

Kadarius Toney - WR - Florida
Azeez Ojulari - OLB - Georgia
Aaron Robinson - CB - Central Florida
Elerson Smith - DE - Northern Iowa

2 6th rounders remain and the depth at IOL has dwindled down to very slim pickings.  

dammit...Trey Hill taken by Bengals.

Gettleman if you screwed this team over by not drafting IOL and they struggle this year because of it.  You deserve to be fired before the season is over.  

Hill was the one player I really wanted the team to pick...

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

dammit...Trey Hill taken by Bengals.

Gettleman if you screwed this team over by not drafting IOL and they struggle this year because of it.  You deserve to be fired before the season is over.  

Hill was the one player I really wanted the team to pick...

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

and SF takes my running back....oh this hurts.

I'm pretty shocked that we didn't draft a single lineman after producing one of 2020's worst offenses. I'm going to assume Joe Judge and his staff know a lot of things that we don't and hope for the best.

The good news is that if all those defensive picks turn out as expected, our opponents won't be scoring much either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm pretty shocked that we didn't draft a single lineman after producing one of 2020's worst offenses. I'm going to assume Joe Judge and his staff know a lot of things that we don't and hope for the best.

The good news is that if all those defensive picks turn out as expected, our opponents won't be scoring much either.

Right...I'm happy with who we got in this draft as well as the draft capital we picked up next year, but you just have to think that they are more than comfortable with their current line situation.  To not draft a single lineman after watching the production of this group in 2020.

They've still got a little cap left to pick another one or guys up but I'm shocked they didn't draft a single one considering it was one of our most pressing needs IMO.

Dave if you screwed this up, the fans will revolt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Whelp they must really be confident in the Olinemen they have. What are we looking at for opening day starters?

LT: Solder/Thomas
LG: Lemieux/Hernandez
C Gates
RG: ??
RT: Peart

Maybe Hernandez can make the switch to RG?

Looking at this list of lineman and the fact we didn't draft a single one I want to slap Dave right after I knock out his front chiclets.

slap knockout GIF 

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Whelp they must really be confident in the Olinemen they have. What are we looking at for opening day starters?

LT: Solder/Thomas
LG: Lemieux/Hernandez
C Gates
RG: Trai Turner
RT: Peart

Maybe Hernandez can make the switch to RG?

This is the most obvious way to remedy the situation. 

27 years old, 5 time probowler.  Had a down year last year, but I don't know the details of what happened.

• Like 1