Week 8 GDT: Chargers @ Broncos

Broncofan

13 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Sounds to me Lindsay's 55 yarder probably put the Charger D in check a bit????  Or, Shermer let Lock let it rip, which why wouldn't you let him do that from the beginning?  The kid has the arm to sling it, and he is going to throw some picks anyway, I'd rather him do that taking smart chances than second guessing himself. 

I just don't get it we have two to three wrs who can take over the middle of the field in Jeudy, Hamler, and even Hamilton was getting his In the middle of the field yet it takes three quarters to exploit this ? That's poor scheme and coaching no other way around it.

If I'm game planning from here on out I'm taking the middle of the field over with those wrs or two good receiving tes and I'm going from there.

I really think this teams a good football team that schedule to start the year was brutal and nothing went right but you gotta take the game from here on out.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't get it we have two to three wrs who can take over the middle of the field in Jeudy, Hamler, and even Hamilton was getting his In the middle of the field yet it takes three quarters to exploit this ? That's poor scheme and coaching no other way around it.

If I'm game planning from here on out I'm taking the middle of the field over with those wrs or two good receiving tes and I'm going from there.

I really think this teams a good football team that schedule to start the year was brutal and nothing went right but you gotta take the game from here on out.

Not to mention you now have two capable and fast TEs who can take over the middle too...and they can take up space and stretch the field. 

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

And you have to RBs who are great at catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would assume any OC would be going nuts with what the Broncos have on offense.  I get that they are all young, but they have to play and make mistakes.  We aren't going far this year...why not go ahead and let them make those mistakes now, especially during a season that is just odd with COVID anyway.  

Just now, jsthomp2007 said:

And you have to RBs who are great at catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would assume any OC would be going nuts with what the Broncos have on offense.  I get that they are all young, but they have to play and make mistakes.  We aren't going far this year...why not go ahead and let them make those mistakes now, especially during a season that is just odd with COVID anyway.  

There's talks of expanding the playoff teams to 8 if there are any games lost due to covid I definitely still think they're in the hunt.

I just don't get how three quarters slip out of the hour glass without taking the middle of the field which is a back breaker and the chargers are definitely weak there 

I really need to find out how Dotson has been on the bench because you don't have to be an expert on OL play to notice the difference. Even my wife picked up on that. Just from watching the games with me.

"That Wilkinson guy sucks. That new guy is way better."

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I really need to find out how Dotson has been on the bench because you don't have to be an expert on OL play to notice the difference. Even my wife picked up on that. Just from watching the games with me.

"That Wilkinson guy sucks. That new guy is way better."

He has always been a guard in my mind, not a tackle. I don't know why we've been trying to force that for so long... 

Lock had a great 1.5 quarters but the narrative that we were not exploiting the middle of the field, at least from what I saw, is false. Lock wasnt looking to the middle of the field for 2.5 quarters. He was targeting his 1st read on the outside and then sorta just crapping the bed. Something clicked at some point and lets hope it stays that way!

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Lock had a great 1.5 quarters but the narrative that we were not exploiting the middle of the field, at least from what I saw, is false. Lock wasnt looking to the middle of the field for 2.5 quarters. He was targeting his 1st read on the outside and then sorta just crapping the bed. Something clicked at some point and lets hope it stays that way!

I don't think I've seen someone struggle that much throwing in the middle of the field. He looks at the first read and then panics. Or he stairs them down and doesn't go through the progressions.