Week 8 GDT: Chargers @ Broncos

Broncofan

I touched on this in the OT thread with @AnAngryAmerican's discussion of top 10 HC's - but today was just a microcosm of why Anthony Lynn is nowhere close to a good HC.   He's very good at the leader-of-men part, and in getting the most of his roster prep-wise - but his game management is a clear bottom 5 HC.   This is literally year 4 of 4 he does this type of game management.  Up 24-3...and he takes the air out of the ball.    Blew big lead late with KC, did the same with NO on MNF - and he's done it 3x+ a season the past 3 years.

Full credit to Lock & the O for coming back, but Lynn as a good HC is pretty much a mirage narrative.   

More on the game itself later, guess I'm up for 1 more week lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I touched on this in the OT thread with @AnAngryAmerican's discussion of top 10 HC's - but today was just a microcosm of why Anthony Lynn is nowhere close to a good HC.   He's very good at the leader-of-men part, and in getting the most of his roster prep-wise - but his game management is a clear bottom 5 HC.   This is literally year 4 of 4 he does this type of game management.  Up 24-3...and he takes the air out of the ball.    Blew big lead late with KC, did the same with NO on MNF - and he's done it 3x+ a season the past 3 years.

Full credit to Lock & the O for coming back, but Lynn as a good HC is pretty much a mirage narrative.   

I think they're just cursed fro Shotty to norve to Lynn they all look the same lol

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s gonna be a premium job to take this offseason. The roster isn’t bad, the young QB looks like a star, and they’ll have a top 8 pick as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't think anything beats the comebacks vs the bills in 07, manning vs the chargers being down 24-0, and Rod Smith catching a game winning TD for his first reception. But yes. Pretty darn good.

Good resiliency today by everyone, no question.

Ummmm...I think you have to put The Drive in there as the greatest comeback. That's my opinion And I could be wrong

I think we saw tonight why MG3 was brought in to supplement Lindsay.  Whether or not he's a great value at his price tag is another discussion but having someone in the huddle who knows where to be, can convert on a tough 4th & 1 dive, is an effective pass catcher out of the backfield, can pick up a blitz, etc. is valuable and isn't an easy role for a day 2/3 RBs to come in and fill in year 1

8 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I think we saw tonight why MG3 was brought in to supplement Lindsay.  Whether or not he's a great value at his price tag is another discussion but having someone in the huddle who knows where to be, can convert on a tough 4th & 1 dive, is an effective pass catcher out of the backfield, can pick up a blitz, etc. is valuable and isn't an easy role for a day 2/3 RBs to come in and fill in year 1

I think he sucks pretty bad but he made a couple dope plays there at the end so maybe he can turn that into something moving forward