BDL 2020 Week 8 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ New Orleans Jazz

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • New Orleans Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, wwhickok said:

I mean element of surprise and all. 

What’s surprising about a guy lining up in position to get the ball on offense especially when he is only in on one play? If anything defense would key in on this one player getting this one special play lol. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What’s surprising about a guy lining up in position to get the ball on offense especially when he is only in on one play? If anything defense would key in on this one player getting this one special play lol. 

Fair point. I should've expanded on the thought in my head there. The idea was to use him in a FB type role (appearance wise to make it look less obvious) and then rush him to the outside. Having said that, that isn't what my gameplan says so, can't really make that analysis on it.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

Beyond the Ben/Henry/Ridley triplet, which I am a big fan of, I'm struggling to like much else on WSR's offense.  I liked their strat of going run heavy and mixing it up with 4 WR sets to take advantage of Gilmore out, but is Moore or Guyton going to win the game against Dantzler?  I think Nawlins interior D Line can achieve penetration and disruption to limit Henry as they planned, but overall WSR is going to have some successes on offense.  Some curious coverage choices for WSR, I would've put Davis on Nuk with help over the top, Slay is going to get roasted for some big plays imo.   This is a really good game and generally I liked the writeups (although I can do without sooooo much player eval), but I feel New Orleans is in a must win situation and brought everything they had to this match.  They take it at home and keep their season alive.

• Like 1

Both teams came out to play, and this is one I've been mulling all day. I think ultimately injuries hold back Nola, though I love their pistol offense.

I will say, WSR shot themselves in the foot with running outside toss plays to Henry. If there's one thing that has not worked for the Titans on offense, its those outside tosses to Henry. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if a breakdown showed he's losing yards on those plays for the season. Any Titans fan will back it up that running that play is like losing a down and letting your back get hit for nothing. Still, not enough to sink them.

• Like 1

I thought the read ups here was interesting. Anyone other than wwhickok would’ve got some suggestions from me, but all those trades and the upgrades particularly at CB elevate the defense from pretty good to legitimate high talent across the board.

Road team 23-17

• Like 1