MNF: Giants host Bucs

Matts4313

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because the throw was super late and the WR made a dead stop. 

Plus it was super close, Winfield practically got there same time, and it hit his arm. Way too close to call P.I. on that. Especially when it extends the game. 

So we are situation reffing now. Cool.

Just now, childofpudding said:

That changed my mind in terms of yeah, technically it was DPI and it would be hard to argue against it if it held up.

I'm still glad they didnt call it, it was a great hustle play by the defender and he did look back at the last second. On replay you can see that he made contact with Lewis a split second before the ball hits his arm. Good no call, those are the kind of plays that most fans would call ticky tack if it was called.

The DID call it. Then they remembered what was at stake and OVERTURNED it. The frustration was that it was overturned...that’s complete and utter you know what. 

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The DID call it. Then they remembered what was at stake and OVERTURNED it. The frustration was that it was overturned...that’s complete and utter you know what. 

They conferred and decided that it was too close to call it DPI. Good decision imo, but I can see why others disagree

Edited by childofpudding

Just now, childofpudding said:

That changed my mind in terms of yeah, technically it was DPI and it would be hard to argue against it if it held up.

I'm still glad they didnt call it, it was a great hustle play by the defender and he did look back at the last second. On replay you can see that he made contact with Lewis a split second before the ball hits his arm. Good no call, those are the kind of plays that most fans would call ticky tack if it was called.

I kiiiinda agree. I'm not gonna go so far as to say GOOD no call, because they really did miss it, but like...

Okay, by the letter of the law I don't understand how anybody can argue that that's NOT DPI. I mean watch the replay. Weird how the only people trying to do that with a straight face at this point are Bucs and Brady fans.

However, I can also understand not minding the blown call as a sort of...jury nullification situation. Like YES he's factually guilty of DPI, but it only happened because the play was so jacked up by Daniel Jones and the throw was just terrible and off. So like, if the penalty only happened because of YOUR mistakes, I can't feel that bad for you for not getting the call.

It technically is DPI though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I kiiiinda agree. I'm not gonna go so far as to say GOOD no call, because they really did miss it, but like...

Okay, by the letter of the law I don't understand how anybody can argue that that's NOT DPI. I mean watch the replay. Weird how the only people trying to do that with a straight face at this point are Bucs and Brady fans.

However, I can also understand not minding the blown call as a sort of...jury nullification situation. Like YES he's factually guilty of DPI, but it only happened because the play was so jacked up by Daniel Jones and the throw was just terrible and off. So like, if the penalty only happened because of YOUR mistakes, I can't feel that bad for you for not getting the call.

It technically is DPI though.

Yeah I hear you. I have different reasons for not wanting that to be DPI, I just think it was a bang bang play and in real time, it looked like the ball hit his arm right as he made contact. I don't like the idea of freeze framing something to see that he made contact 0.05 seconds before the ball touched his arm and so it should definitely have been called DPI.

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

While the ball is in the air. Since when. Bradberry would really like to know. 

Yep, and apparently the offense can lower their head into a defensive back and have the DB get flagged too.  Refs doing the Bucs a solid.

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 1

Just now, Zalixar said:

Yep, and apparently the offense can lower their head into a defensive back and have the DB get flaggdd too.  Refs doing the Bucs a solid.

It's not as if this is a Bucs related issue. They called this on the play DeSean Jackson got hurt a week or two ago, as well. It's just a stupid rule that they don't know how to call.