MNF: Giants host Bucs

Matts4313

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

I'd say both Wes Welker and Edelman are almost PERFECT for the wheelhouse of what makes Brady so dangerous. Other QBs probably wouldn't have as much success, but I think they were perfect as a foundation of how Brady likes to move the ball. I'd also say that guys like Faulk and James White help immensely. I'd ALSO say that "besides Gronk and Moss" is no small thing. Those are two of the most disruptive offensive forces at skill positions in the history of the game. Matchup nightmare every week.

To just layer some metaphors here, I'm not saying his cup runneth'ed over during his entire career, but the cupboard wasn't exactly bare either. On balance, he had the guys he needed outside of like, '06 and the last couple years.

That being said, I see your point about numbers. But as I keep harping on on here, I'd say that biggest factor to that would be his home stadium and the division he plays in.

This is all true. I would add, however, that with Welker and Edelman it didn't just happen. They were in each others pockets all off-season as well getting chemistry, getting on the same page etc. Almost developed a telepathic like connection where they both knew what the receivers was going to do. A subtle pivot if the defender is on a certain side, for example. That was why Welker and Edelman didn't appear covered most of the game. 

But you're right, those two were perfect for TB's game. An example the other way is Harry, who doesn't have a football brain.

DPI - split second contact is made, contact was initially made by Lewis stepping into DB, but DB doesn't get his head round before this, he does get his arm out and it does hit his arm. 

Too close to call. So I wouldn't have....but they did, then picked it up. Probably would have just made one call and left it there. Would have been soffft DPI for me though, given the offensive player stepped into the DB who doesn't HAVE to stop himself to get out of the way.

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah i'm not sure that's the way it works

i mean bucs prolly would score without help of the call but jones throwing interceptions has zero relevancy to terrible calls

Was just saying that you make your own luck sometimes.  Short field on one and the other they were almost in FG range. FG they don't need two point conversion. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Was it DPI? It’s a tough call either way. That being said this talk about whether it was the right or wrong call is allowing people let Daniel Jones off the hook. 

Doesn't really matter if he was good or bad. DPI is DPI.  Plenty of QB's have been bailed out of bad throws cause of a penalty.

22 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Doesn't really matter if he was good or bad. DPI is DPI.  Plenty of QB's have been bailed out of bad throws cause of a penalty.

Yes it does matter if he was good or bad because it’s taking away and deflecting from His performance. Missed calls happen. Besides, not only was he late but his ball placement wasn’t even good. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes it does matter if he was good or bad because it’s taking away and deflecting from His performance. Missed calls happen. Besides, not only was he late but his ball placement wasn’t even good. 

It doesn't matter what kind of play it was.  If it's a penalty it's a penalty.  I've seen Qb's throw terrible throws but get bailed out by DPI.  Should it not happen cause QB bad?