Titans release CB Johnathan Joseph

RaidersAreOne

I can see a scenario where he's brought back to Houston in a different capacity - there's a transition period coming up, and Joseph has credibility amongst players to help manage this secondary.

He's not a coach or an FO guy - but a liaison between the players and management to keep the ship steady.

In addition - Cal McNair said he's creating a committee to help hire the next HC. He specifically said he'd include a few former players to this committee (pretty much everyone assumes he's talking about Andre Johnson). Given Joseph is no longer employed by the Titans, I can expect him to be on this committee as well.

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can see a scenario where he's brought back to Houston in a different capacity - there's a transition period coming up, and Joseph has credibility amongst players to help manage this secondary.

He's not a coach or an FO guy - but a liaison between the players and management to keep the ship steady.

In addition - Cal McNair said he's creating a committee to help hire the next HC. He specifically said he'd include a few former players to this committee (pretty much everyone assumes he's talking about Andre Johnson). Given Joseph is no longer employed by the Titans, I can expect him to be on this committee as well.

Could that clue in on your next coach? a former one? Hell going through, you had Roman and Saleh. How did Troy Calhoun do in his lone season? Air Force has been mostly solid. A guy like Rick Dennison?

I'm throwing darts obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Could that clue in on your next coach?

Eh, I'm not too sure. It really seems like the GM will get the final say on the subject, but Joseph will probably provide some high level requirements (what sort of personality, but hat sort of track record, etc). Joseph might get to sit in on some interviews, though..

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Hell going through, you had Roman and Saleh. How did Troy Calhoun do in his lone season? Air Force has been mostly solid. A guy like Rick Dennison?

I'm throwing darts obviously.

Roman and Selah are heavily mentioned on this side...but I don't think it has to do with familiarity, they were gone back in the Capers/Casserly days.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He can't be any worse than what we currently are trotting out there.

He absolutely is. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Can he play safety?

Probably not, haven't seen him try - but I know he's simply not physical anymore. He used to be a big hitter, but now he falls apart in any attempt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Probably not, haven't seen him try - but I know he's simply not physical anymore. He used to be a big hitter, but now he falls apart in any attempt.

i can't find video of the play but on sunday against the bengals, he was 1v1 with a receiver on a bubble screen and literally ran away from him. that was when i was like "yeah this guy doesn't need to be benched, he needs to be off the team entirely." sad to say but he is donezo as a player.

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Poor guy only made it 15 years. 

He had some years where he was borderline elite - played bigger than his size, had a knack for making clutch plays such as timely INTs, force a fumble on 3rd and short, stuff like that. Dude was THE leader of the secondary, he and Broncos S Kareem Jackson kept it loose with the unit...but were animals on gameday.

It's downright depressing to see how much of a shell of his former self he is now. 

40 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

The fact he was still playing at a near elite level so deep into his 30's is astonishing. Nothing depressing about this mans career. He just loved the game too much to listen to his body. 

I actually think it's a bit of a sadder situation - I don't think he managed his finances well. (Pure speculation from folks who may or may not know, mind you...)