Week 5 Gameday Thread

blkwdw13

Just now, Ragnarok said:

The player gave himself up.  I think that's the rule.  

I think you have to at least go to a knee. I mean if that's the ruling on the field, I'm fine with it. But reporters are claiming that it was still live, which technically means the Packers had waaay too many men on the field.

Not saying it would've been a fair penalty, just interested in the ruling.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

His hands have always been suspect; people were just trying to sell the narrative last year that they weren't, when they still were.

I think it was known, that he had a drop issue. But last week he was productive enough around the drops to excuse them. Now he's just dropping passes.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I think you have to at least go to a knee. I mean if that's the ruling on the field, I'm fine with it. But reporters are claiming that it was still live, which technically means the Packers had waaay too many men on the field.

Not saying it would've been a fair penalty, just interested in the ruling.

I don't believe so.  I think if you obviously have given yourself up, play is dead.

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

A guy who doesn't think its a bad thing because nobody cared about it for 80 yrs until recently. Indians apparently don't care about it much either.

This discussion won't end well. Better to just let it go and move on.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I think it was known, that he had a drop issue. But last week he was productive enough around the drops to excuse them. Now he's just dropping passes.

I think you mean last season... and yes and no.  He was productive between the 20's last season, he had a good number of memorable end zone drops last season, just as he's had this season.

Dude, legit needs to go catch bricks.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, NFL.com said the play was live until Rollins picked it up, which at that point the entire Packers coaching staff and at least 25 players were on the field.

Actually, reading the actual rules now, and yeah...it was still live.  

Archived