Who are your top five MVP candidates right now?

patriotsheatyan

9 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Still DangerRuss for me, imo without him that team would be in the running for a top 5 pick. 

Yeah it's always tough - is the MVP the player who puts up the best numbers? Or is it the person most valuable to their team?

MVP stat wise would be Mahomes but agree that MVP of the league would be Russ if it was most valuable to team. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah it's always tough - is the MVP the player who puts up the best numbers? Or is it the person most valuable to their team?

MVP stat wise would be Mahomes but agree that MVP of the league would be Russ if it was most valuable to team. 

Ive always viewed it as most important to their team but they also have to have the stats to back it up.

• Like 2

I'd still give it to Wilson.  He's got probably the worst team around him all things considered, but is still playing an elite level.  The turnovers have definitely hurt his team, and it will be interesting to see if he falls back into line with his usual averages (right now he's on pace for his highest INT% since his rookie year) or if we can be expecting more of that down the stretch as he's asked to pass more.  But I just feel like his overall play is still enough to keep him at the top of my list given everything he's done.  Still leading the league in TDs and TD%.

Mahomes and Rodgers would probably be my 2 and 3, in any order.  After that, you can flip flop between Murray and Allen too.

• Like 1

If we are going true MVP it has to be either Russ or Rodgers right now. Look at their defenses, look at their weapons. Now compare that to Mahomes defense and weapons. It’s not even a comparison.

Mahomes is playing on the fricken dream team over here while Russ and Rodgers are playing on the bad news bears. Slight exaggeration 

1 hour ago, BarnettOSU said:

If we are going true MVP it has to be either Russ or Rodgers right now. Look at their defenses, look at their weapons. Now compare that to Mahomes defense and weapons. It’s not even a comparison.

Mahomes is playing on the fricken dream team over here while Russ and Rodgers are playing on the bad news bears. Slight exaggeration 

No one compares to Mahomes weapons lol. I’d argue Wilson has a better offensive supporting cast than Rodgers and Allen. I know Carson has been hurt the last couple of games but he still has him coming back, Lockett, and Metcalf. 

Rodgers has Adams, and Aaron Jones who is a top top 7ish back in his own right as well.

Allen has Diggs, Beasley, John Brown (been hurt all year but a big difference maker when healthy) and two backs that don’t compare to Carson, or Jones in Moss, and Singletary.

Edited by bigbadbuff
  • Like 1

It's a two-horse race for me between Mahomes and Rodgers with Mahomes being slightly ahead, having both ridiculous stats (25:1 TD/INT and on pace for 4800 yards) and statement wins against BAL, BUF and the Raiders game being his only blemish. 

Russel Wilson still got a chance being a media darling and having an incredibly soft schedule as he has feasted on the weaker teams so far. However, he's 0-2 facing teams with winning records with 7 turnovers in those games.

For anyone else to get back, they have to be perfect for the rest of the season but since you asked for a Top-5 I'll give you #4 Josh Allen and #5 Big Ben.