Chase Young

RSkinGM

The Elephant in the room ? Is anyone else not in awe of this kid? I think his momma's C+ grade was spot on ! I didn't like the pick-I didn't want him but he was so praised by all - it almost left no choice. Yeah, I know we're only eight games in and he missed a couple but for the All World praise and rhetoric around him . Guess , I'll just say I'm not seeing it and I'm disappointed. 

I was hoping for a little trade down and  receiver, left tackle etc. Actually I liked Herbert  or Tua but with the expenditure for Haskins the previous year- no hope for that!

• Like 1

You do know he’s the highest graded rookie defender by PFF, right? He missed a couple of weeks and has 4 sacks I believe. Has destroyed many running plays. Has caused interceptions with his pass rush and wreaks havoc all over the field. He’s getting double teamed and chipped a lot which is putting Sweat in one on one situations allowing him to rack up sacks. I honestly have no idea what else he’s supposed to do? 

• Like 2

I think it's a valid criticism.  3.5 sacks in 7 games is disappointing for a guy that was allegedly a better prospect than the Bosa brothers.  He was invisible yesterday against a pretty bad Giants O-line.  And he went up against Andrew Thomas, another rookie that's had his share of struggles.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the WFT should have taken Herbert.  The Giants should have taken him too.  Neither team had the balls to move on to a new QB after just one year like Arizona did with Rosen / Murray.  Both teams will regret it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

3.5 sacks , tied for 35th . 

in 6.5 games. On pace for a respectable 8 sack finish in his rookie year. Plus I think he's up there in the TFL category. 

He's also done what many of us thought he would do. Free up Sweat to eat some. Even if there isn't much else for opposing O's to focus on.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

in 6.5 games. On pace for a respectable 8 sack finish in his rookie year. Plus I think he's up there in the TFL category. 

He's also done what many of us thought he would do. Free up Sweat to eat some. Even if there isn't much else for opposing O's to focus on.

Respectable !? This is the All World rookie number 2 overall pick . A Game Wrecker . A Generational talent . Respectable !? I think he's weak, he's skinny for his height- He'll never bull rush walk a tackle back into the quarterback ! He real slow afoot - maybe quickish but runs a 4.94 40 time . Compare that to Sweat's 4.41 !! No wonder he wouldn't work out at the combine . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Respectable !? This is the All World rookie number 2 overall pick . A Game Wrecker . A Generational talent . Respectable !? I think he's weak, he's skinny for his height- He'll never bull rush walk a tackle back into the quarterback ! He real slow afoot - maybe quickish but runs a 4.94 40 time . Compare that to Sweat's 4.41 !! No wonder he wouldn't work out at the combine . 

He never ran a 40 at the combine so that comparison is just silly.

He’s had a groin injury all year which is a terrible injury for a quick twitch athlete.  He entered the league in a bizzare year where there was no offseason workouts or preseason to prepare.

Yet despite all of that offenses are keying in on him.  His presence has allowed Sweat and Kerrigan to feast this year.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He never ran a 40 at the combine so that comparison is just silly.

He’s had a groin injury all year which is a terrible injury for a quick twitch athlete.  He entered the league in a bizzare year where there was no offseason workouts or preseason to prepare.

Yet despite all of that offenses are keying in on him.  His presence has allowed Sweat and Kerrigan to feast this year.  

I don't see anyone keying on him . I'm seeing being handled mostly by the L T .  AND you can easily look up his 40 time . 

Edited by RSkinGM

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Should we just trade him then @RSkinGM? He's obviously a bust. Maybe we can package him and Haskins together for a 3rd. Cut our losses. 

Now, now - no one has said BUST. I'm just disappointed .  I just wanted to hear others thoughts on this phenom ! I knew I'd take heat but that's fine .