Chase Young

RSkinGM

13 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't see anyone keying on him . I'm seeing being handled mostly by the L T .  AND you can easily look up his 40 time . 

If you don’t see people keying on him and doubling him more than other players along our DL then you need to rewatch the games and just watch his plays. He’s also busting through a lot of those double teams and getting sacks, pressures that lead to interceptions for our secondary or sacks for his other front 7 teammates and he’s busting through those double teams to make plays in the run game. 

Just looking at sacks totals when evaluating a DLineman is lazy, I’m sorry but it’s the truth. You have to watch him and look at what he’s doing on the plays and what his pressure does so that other DL & LBs can then make the plays.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If you don’t see people keying on him and doubling him more than other players along our DL then you need to rewatch the games and just watch his plays. He’s also busting through a lot of those double teams and getting sacks, pressures that lead to sacks for his other front 7 teammates and he’s busting through those double teams to make plays in the run game. 

Just looking at sacks totals when evaluating a DLineman is lazy, I’m sorry but it’s the truth. You have to watch him and look at what he’s doing on the plays and what his pressure does so that other DL & LBs can then make the plays.

Yup. I was watching him an Moreland like a hawk yesterday. Chase was really doing quite well. Fighting doubles and triples. He had quite a few plays that tied up more than one blocker's attention and allowed others to make plays. 

Guys, if the OC fears you enough to double and triple you a ton during the game, it means that others are going to feed. If you don't make it into the sack column, it's not because you're not as hyped. It's because you ARE as hyped and they had to gameplan you.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Chase is always in thr back field but usually some one else gets the sack. I am not wortird about him. Wish TFL would be a stat that was important as sacks. Also with like 2 or 3 int he has been in the qbs face.

Exactly, Montez Sweat needs to sign part of his 2nd contract he gets over to Chase Young bc Chase is making Sweat some money! As for Tackle for Loss (TFL), it is as important as a sack, infact it's the same thing, they're both tackles for Loss. A sack is just a Tackle for Loss on a QB while a TFL is a Tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a RB, WR or TE. In 6.5 games Chase has 5 TFLs, and 8.5 TFLs if you include sacks into Chase's TFLs.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I was watching him an Moreland like a hawk yesterday. Chase was really doing quite well. Fighting doubles and triples. He had quite a few plays that tied up more than one blocker's attention and allowed others to make plays. 

Guys, if the OC fears you enough to double and triple you a ton during the game, it means that others are going to feed. If you don't make it into the sack column, it's not because you're not as hyped. It's because you ARE as hyped and they had to gameplan you.

For example, Tim Settle’s sack can be attributed to Chase Young. Chase got into the backfield quick, missed Daniel Jones as Jones started to run up into the pocket to avoid Chase, then Chase dove for Jones  tripping him and Jones ran right into Tim Settle’s arms for the sack. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

For example, Tim Settle’s sack can be attributed to Chase Young. Chase got into the backfield quick, missed Daniel Jones as Jones started to run up into the pocket to avoid Chase, then Chase dove for Jones  tripping him and Jones ran right into Tim Settle’s arms for the sack. 

While I would like for him to have gotten the sack, this is what I was expecting out of Chase. I want a disruptive presence at his position that makes the backfield an extremely uncomfortable place to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gmen said:

You're in denial.  As a Washington fan you should know how difficult it is to find a franchise QB.  And by the looks of it you let one slip right by.  Herbert is playing great by any standard, let alone rookie standards.  Even if Young had 8 sacks right now, you still take Herbert because a franchise QB is the most important piece to sustained NFL success.

A better question would be: would the Young pick look as "bad" had Rivera stuck with Haskins through this much weaker part of the schedule?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Get back to me when The Predator gets into the Aaron Donald range .

Get back to you? You started the thread. You had to know what reactions you’d get when you started this thread. And, I 100% agree that Young is not on Donald’s level, but Donald wasn’t on current Donald’s level as a young player either. Chase Young is already a great young player at the age of 21, he’s only going to get better which should scare the hell out of the rest of the league.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Get back to you? You started the thread. You had to know what reactions you’d get when you started this thread. And, I 100% agree that Young is not on Donald’s level, but Donald wasn’t on current Donald’s level as a young player either. Chase Young is already a great young player at the age of 21, he’s only going to get better which should scare the hell out of the rest of the league.

Actually I was curious as to the reaction. I wasn't really sure -kinda why I started the subject. I'm actually happy to see most to nearly 100% are still very happy with the pick . I thought it to be a bit of overkill with 4 1st rounders already on the D-line --though Kerrigan is aging .