Chase Young

RSkinGM

11 hours ago, Woz said:

I would be curious to know what Washington's opponents average release time is.

Even if it is fast, an elite pass rusher should get to the qb.  Lets hope Young wakes up and starts dominating.  It isn't like he is crushing it in the run game either.  The whole defense is failing there.  

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Even if it is fast, an elite pass rusher should get to the qb.  Lets hope Young wakes up and starts dominating.  It isn't like he is crushing it in the run game either.  The whole defense is failing there.  

You can’t get to the passer in less than 2 seconds unless you’re unblocked.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You can’t get to the passer in less than 2 seconds unless you’re unblocked.

You are arguing semantics.  Average time doesn't equal always.  There is no qb who is always that fast.  Not sure the point you are making.  I expect more and I want to see more out of him is all.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

You are arguing semantics.  Average time doesn't equal always.  There is no qb who is always that fast.  Not sure the point you are making.  I expect more and I want to see more out of him is all.  

There’s all kinds of points given as to why a player with his talent wouldn’t be providing the “stats” but is still having a major impact all over this thread. 

For the first time since Haynesworth played for us and really since we had Dexter offenses are keying on a DL to stop him by all means necessary, you would hope when that happens that others could step up more who plays around him to make plays. 

I don’t regret Young’s selection at all bc it wasn’t made for just a half of a rookie season, it was made projecting his impact for this defense for the next 10-15 years.

Our luck if we had taken Tua, his hip wouldn’t be right and if we had taken Herbert, he wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing for the Chargers bc we don’t have their weapons.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There’s all kinds of points given as to why a player with his talent wouldn’t be providing the “stats” but is still having a major impact all over this thread. 

For the first time since Haynesworth played for us and really since we had Dexter offenses are keying on a DL to stop him by all means necessary, you would hope when that happens that others could step up more who plays around him to make plays. 

I don’t regret Young’s selection at all bc it wasn’t made for just a half of a rookie season, it was made projecting his impact for this defense for the next 10-15 years.

Our luck if we had taken Tua, his hip wouldn’t be right and if we had taken Herbert, he wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing for the Chargers bc we don’t have their weapons.

You lost me at "Haynesworth" : )

I also would make the same draft pick again.  I am just saying I want to see more out of him.  Don't just impact the game, change it.

19 hours ago, offbyone said:

You lost me at "Haynesworth" : )

I also would make the same draft pick again.  I am just saying I want to see more out of him.  Don't just impact the game, change it.

Haynesworth in 2009 was someone that offenses/blocking schemes focused on bc they knew he could be dominant if he wanted to. Haynesworth chose to be lazy and quit after he was initially blocked but, he still had the ability. The C would shade towards Haynesworth’s side far more often than towards Cornelius Griffin’s side.

Edited by turtle28

6. Rivera on DE Chase Young having to take on multiple blockers:

"I'll tell you what, it's been amazing to watch. It really has. He has gotten double-teamed an awful lot. He exploded early on, had a couple of really good games early. Unfortunately, he got hurt and that slowed him down. He started to pick it back up and it looked like himself, now he's working on being doubled. A couple times he's been tripled where he's been chipped and then you see a tackle block with the guard turning that way or you see two tight ends and a tackle back-stepping. He's handled it. He really has. He's fought, he's fought, he's fought, and he's continued to compete. What'll happen is, as soon as we get this going, as soon as things start to roll the right way, you're not going to be able to double him all the time. You're just not going to be able to.

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-bengals-top-10-quotes

Also, as I alluded to earlier teams are simply getting the ball of faster against us. Apparently average release time against us is 2.57 seconds which is third fastest. Keim reported it and Sheehan talked about it on his podcast this week. I need to scour for the link but it was on Wednesday or Thursdays podcast. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Also, as I alluded to earlier teams are simply getting the ball of faster against us. Apparently average release time against us is 2.57 seconds which is third fastest. Keim reported it and Sheehan talked about it on his podcast this week. I need to scour for the link but it was on Wednesday or Thursdays podcast. 

Makes sense after our DL almost ended Wentz season after week 1 w/ 8 sacks.

• 3 weeks later...