Chase Young

RSkinGM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:11 AM, Gmen said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

ESPN developed a "pass rush win rate" stat using player tracking data.  WFT is 24th in the league.

WFT ranked 3rd in this stat by the end of the season.  

Chase Young ranked 7th overall at EDGE.  Obviously a great rookie year.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

WFT ranked 3rd in this stat by the end of the season.  

Chase Young ranked 7th overall at EDGE.  Obviously a great rookie year.

Nonono, he was a bust and you cannot tell me otherwise.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Chase is keeping #99 or he’s switching like a bunch of other guys? I’ve been trying to get my son his jersey since Christmas and they were always sold out. 
One of the rookies took #2 today so that seems like a big clue. 

56 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Anyone know if Chase is keeping #99 or he’s switching like a bunch of other guys? I’ve been trying to get my son his jersey since Christmas and they were always sold out. 
One of the rookies took #2 today so that seems like a big clue. 

He’s not listed at LB. so he can’t. The numbers are for LB, DB. The DL wasn’t on the number change list

On 5/14/2021 at 5:56 PM, ripsean21 said:

He’s not listed at LB. so he can’t. The numbers are for LB, DB. The DL wasn’t on the number change list

Figured the team would just let him call himself an LB if he wanted to change. He’d never do it because it would make a possible franchise tag in the future a lot cheaper. Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nobody missed their assignment chase appeared to crash too the back and shirts saw that and kept it but Chase saw and reacted because his angle allowed him to just adjust and attack Hurts. The play is designed to react to the DE. The DE made a heck of a move and adjustment. The more you see the read option the more these guys will learn how to play it. Chase just put on a clinic on how to crash twards the ball carrier but not over commit so the QB can’t keep it and run free out the back door because the guy who has to make the right play makes it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Nobody missed their assignment chase appeared to crash too the back and shirts saw that and kept it but Chase saw and reacted because his angle allowed him to just adjust and attack Hurts. The play is designed to react to the DE. The DE made a heck of a move and adjustment. The more you see the read option the more these guys will learn how to play it. Chase just put on a clinic on how to crash twards the ball carrier but not over commit so the QB can’t keep it and run free out the back door because the guy who has to make the right play makes it.

This is what I was coming to say. Slow it down and watch Chase's eyes. He doesn't go too much to the left and overcommits as he crashes down. His eyes are focused on the handoff. And when he sees Hurts pull the ball, he lights him up.

This was textbook

P.S. - watch the blocking. You're right. No one missed an assignment. That play was designed to have the LT block the hell out of the DB. It was designed to fool the DE into crashing down the line or penetrating and overcommitting to the RB. Then the QB just simply runs left for a big gain because the LT is pushing the DB back to Paducah. It's a big loss because Chase plays this perfectly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...