T Law or Fields

jetfuel34

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

The Jets will have two 1sts plus and 90M in cap.  Add in a new coach and we can turn it around quick was the point of my post.  We have a franchise LT, possibly Lawrence or Fields, and 90M to work with.  We should turn things around quick if we get the HC right.

Very interested to see how JD attacks FA. With all that money. He’s really going to have to sell the rebuild to not overpay

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very interested to see how JD attacks FA. With all that money. He’s really going to have to sell the rebuild to not overpay

JD does not strike me as someone who will overpay. He will not be conned or strong armed into acquiring a player he does not want or give in to a contract he does not feel comfortable with.  That is good, but the downside is missing on much needed quality talent.

I believe he really wants to build through the draft and acquire tier two FA’s. He may go after an A list player every now and then, but I think that will be after the team is close to being playoff ready.  Think Pitt or NE. 

51 minutes ago, xrade said:

JD does not strike me as someone who will overpay. He will not be conned or strong armed into acquiring a player he does not want or give in to a contract he does not feel comfortable with.  That is good, but the downside is missing on much needed quality talent.

I believe he really wants to build through the draft and acquire tier two FA’s. He may go after an A list player every now and then, but I think that will be after the team is close to being playoff ready.  Think Pitt or NE. 

I agree. But I feel he might know how much help we need on offense to turn this thing around and HAVE TO overpay for difference makers. That might be Thuney and a WR. Which im ok with. I will be pissed if he goes cheap in offense. And spends big on defense though 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I will be pissed if he goes cheap in offense. And spends big on defense though 

It very well could happen that way. Think about it, we need iOL and WR besides QB. Thuney, as much as I would love to have him, may be out of JD’s price range after the tag this year. I can see iOL being a Lindsey type. Pair him with McGovern and GVR, Lewis, Clarke or a 3rd round pick and JD may be happy with that. As for WR, JD may believe Mims is a #1 with Crowder and tier 2 FA or day one or two pick.

But CB is tough on rookies and our current crop of CB’s are nothing but prospects (haven’t done anything yet) or career backups. He may very well go after a top young CB as our only A level FA. I also can’t see him jumping in for an established pass rusher. What few there may be are older and will want too much $. I would love Dupree but if he wants $20M, JD won’t do it. I could see JD spend a third or fourth on one and try to develop them ala Zuniga.

As depressing as this may sound, I just can’t get past JD’s demand for 6 years and his frugality this last offseason.  He has a vision to build through the draft and supplement. Then when we are close, splurge on that missing piece or two. Just my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

The Jets will have two 1sts plus and 90M in cap.  Add in a new coach and we can turn it around quick was the point of my post.  We have a franchise LT, possibly Lawrence or Fields, and 90M to work with.  We should turn things around quick if we get the HC right.

I agree, if we get the right coach the turn around will be much quicker.

Hopefully JDs 2nd off season will be similar to Miami’s Grier. In his first year (2019) he didn’t spend much on FAs  but in 2020 his signed Jones 5yrs 82m - Ogbah 2yrs, 30m  - Van Noy 4 yrs 51m - Lawson 3yrs 30m - Decker 3yrs 30m and also landed some other key players - Karras, Roberts and Howard. Really only Howard hasn’t paid off. To top that, his 7 top picks in the 2020 draft have all started and or played significant snaps, including 3 on the OL.  He also  seemed to get the right HC in 2019, when he  signed a 38 year old LB coach with no HC or Coordinator experience.

23 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Hopefully JDs 2nd off season will be similar to Miami’s Grier. In his first year (2019) he didn’t spend much on FAs  but in 2020 his signed Jones 5yrs 82m - Ogbah 2yrs, 30m  - Van Noy 4 yrs 51m - Lawson 3yrs 30m - Decker 3yrs 30m and also landed some other key players - Karras, Roberts and Howard. Really only Howard hasn’t paid off. To top that, his 7 top picks in the 2020 draft have all started and or played significant snaps, including 3 on the OL.  He also  seemed to get the right HC in 2019, when he  signed a 38 year old LB coach with no HC or Coordinator experience.

Yes it’s a decent blueprint to follow. But they as well would use to help there QB more as well. And I think we see them do that this next offseason. I’d imagine they for will be in the mix to add top WRs and a RB. 

On 11/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I'm stating to hear sports host saying that T Law should just skip the rest of the season and prepare for the draft. This means everyone is off that stupid report that he will go back to college. He will never do that. 

The guy has 0 to gain... besides that, he potentially is losing money by going back to school. It’s a no brainer

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The guy has 0 to gain... besides that, he potentially is losing money by going back to school. It’s a no brainer

And again he’s potentially coming to New York. Kid is gonna make a billion dollars if he hits. He’s got 100M in endorsements waiting for him as soon as he declares and we lock in the #1 pick.