Week 10: Lions 🦁 and Tigers 🐯 and a “Football Team,” Oh my!

turtle28

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

His entire body motion as he came down was to intentionally roll into Allen. Watch it again in slow mo. He could've come down on his front. Instead he turns his back so he can roll into him and then when he hits the ground and doesn't feel contact, he pulls his right leg around to do the whip. 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Watch again and tell me how it wasn't intentional. He whipped his leg where Allen was going to be. It was an attempt to trip him and it caused a devastating injury.

As an outsider who doesn't have a horse in this race, it's a tough one to call.  To me, it's one of those plays where if you think the defender is a bad guy and you want to believe he was trying to do a leg whip, it seems pretty easy to see it that way.  At the same time, if you are a fan of the defender, it could also be easy to honestly think he couldn't help it.  I don't blame either side for thinking the way they do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As an outsider who doesn't have a horse in this race, it's a tough one to call.  To me, it's one of those plays where if you think the defender is a bad guy and you want to believe he was trying to do a leg whip, it seems pretty easy to see it that way.  At the same time, if you are a fan of the defender, it could also be easy to honestly think he couldn't help it.  I don't blame either side for thinking the way they do. 

Agreed and I’ll say Peppers doesn’t have a history of dirty plays so that’s why I don’t  think it was intentional.

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not a thought was given to "him being a bad guy". It is the defenders job to get the offensive ball carrier to the ground. Not saying there was malicious intent, but the intent to swing his leg into Allen is undeniable. He intended to perform an illegal trip, he didn't intend for Allen to get hurt. There is zero doubt that his leg whipped at Allen with the intent to "tackle" him. I'm not saying that Jabrill Peppers is a dirty player in any way, but the act that he performed was definitely worthy of a fine (and probably a suspension).

• Like 1