Bryce Loves returns to practice in Washington, taking step towards return to field

I heard about this today on the radio. I’m hoping he looks good and stays healthy. If he does, he’s can be a great #2 behind Gibson or, maybe Love even does enough where he looks like he did before his college knee injury and next year he becomes our starting RB and Gibson transitions to WR.

Not likely, but it’s possible.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

tbbh who cares

he is just a guy

When healthy in College he had Heisman talent. The key is if he’s healthy. If he is, he may actually be the best RB on our team as Gibson is IMO still better as a receiver but it’s clear he can also be a good RB.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

When healthy in College he had Heisman talent. The key is if he’s healthy. If he is, he may actually be the best RB on our team as Gibson is IMO still better as a receiver but it’s clear he can also be a good RB.

Seen this movie before the guy actually had a couple good games for us but lack of character rofl

We need to move on its Gibsons team. Hopefully Gibson can be an every down back next year when he figures our blocking on 3rd down.

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Seen this movie before the guy actually had a couple good games for us but lack of character rofl

We need to move on its Gibsons team. Hopefully Gibson can be an every down back next year when he figures our blocking on 3rd down.

Comparing Bryce to Guice is not fair to Bryce. 

Rest assured I’m not saying that Bryce is going to come in and take the starting job from Gibson, but I’m just saying when healthy - and I have no clue if Bryce will ever be what he was before his knee injury again - Bryce was playing better than Christian McCaffery was at Stanford and was a Heisman Trophy candidate in 2017. 

So, all I’m saying is we can’t just discount the possibility that Bryce will be our future starting RB. It’s far fetched but still possibly but, if that happens Gibson will be used as a WR & 3rd down back more in future years and not as our starting RB like most had thought/hoped when we drafted him. That was definitely my thought after Harmon tore his ACL and before before Guice was arrested and AD was cut - which still don’t agree with and never will.

AD should still be here and getting 15-20 touches a game w/ Gibson being his change of pace with 5-10 carries a game and being used a lot on 2nd downs in the passing game as a RB out of the backfield or as a WR and McKissic strictly being our 3rd and king back.

Honestly it’s best case he finds a way to keep himself on the field some regimen that works and he is our complimentary back going forward if he can outshine JD as we’d hope he could. 
worse case maybe more realistic at this point he’s either a rotational guy we can replace barber maybe or we bring in another rookie this year and hopefully Gibson and that guy can be what we could have loved too see from Guice and Gibson

8 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Did I miss something? When did Love play a down for us?

• Like 2