Week 11: Cowboys (2-7) at VIKINGS (4-5)

swede700

We should probably win the rest of our games except TB and NO.

That takes us to 8-8. After a 1-5 start, that's not so bad. We aren't getting a QB this year in the draft. Spielman will look at Cousins stats the second half of the season instead of the overall body of work and pretend he's our longterm answer.

Thankfully, we should be in a position to get an edge or DT early at least!

As we are so accustomed to saying: Maybe next year!

Edited by SteelKing728

56 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We should probably win the rest of our games except TB and NO.

That takes us to 8-8. After a 1-5 start, that's not so bad. We aren't getting a QB this year in the draft. Spielman will look at Cousins stats the second half of the season instead of the overall body of work and pretend he's our longterm answer.

Thankfully, we should be in a position to get an edge or DT early at least!

As we are so accustomed to saying: Maybe next year!

I don’t think edge even needs to be considered early assuming all is good with Hunter. Odinigbo and Wonnum are fine complimenting Hunter.

I am more concerned about the lack of talent at CB and DT. The defense could use a shutdown type CB. Gladney, Dantzler, and the rest just seem like a combo of 2s and 3s at best. Definitely need an impact 3T but we’ve basically been saying that for the entirety of Zimmer’s tenure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Death, taxes, and the Vikings...  SMH.

giphy.gif

Oh cool the hell down here..... and don't offend the original Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein with such a crappy gif.  Team got a little full of themselves especially on D, so kind of good to go get back to work instead of thinking the rest of the year they have it made in the shade.

kate.gif

• Like 1

Kind of happy I had to work and didn't see the game. This game was a predictable outcome that we have seen from this team for years.  Good to see Brett Jones played well. It won't happen but would like him to replace Dozier. I don't want them to wait until his career is almost over to realize he's a solid starter like Joe Berger. 

8 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Kind of happy I had to work and didn't see the game. This game was a predictable outcome that we have seen from this team for years.  Good to see Brett Jones played well. It won't happen but would like him to replace Dozier. I don't want them to wait until his career is almost over to realize he's a solid starter like Joe Berger. 

It was one game against a team without great defensive tackle play, Woods is a below average pro and Gallimore has a lot of talent but is still a rookie.  So will see what Brett Jones does next week against Derrick Brown, Kerr and Roy, Derrick Brown who will most likely crush him.  Would love for Jones to be a long time starter but I doubt he has that type of ability, he is a backup center at best.  Sure Dozier needs to be replaced but Jones is not the guy to do it and should be done in the draft, unless he greatly improves but he has been in the league for five years already and has been a pro for seven, started in the CFL.  So how much better can he really get?  

Cleveland is awesome at OG and it showed that he was not in there, they were limited in the downfield explosive runs because Jones is not the same as Cleveland athletically.  Great for Jones they kept him and cut Elflein that says something but he is forever a backup I feel.  They resigned him and released him then put on the practice squad two years in a row now and no one picked him up when he was released, so that says something.  They need a backup to Bradbury and Jones could be that guy the next few years, even more if he shows he can be a backup guard which he did in this game at least but again not the best DTs in the world he went up against.  When Samia looked so back, he went up against the likes of Buckner inside, Simmons and Grady Jarrett etc in a few games, looked bad because of it and sure Jones would look bad also against them.