The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

18 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

So we'd be looking at the following in terms of early-ish picks (rounds 1-3):

2022 ($36M of cap space according to OTC)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Comp)

2023 (Up to $118M in cap space with cuts of Goff, Vaitai, Flowers, Brockers)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 2nd (Steelers)
  • 3rd (Lions)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Steelers)

Knowing next to nothing of the draft picks you selected at this point, I can get behind the idea of this many early picks over the next few years. 

11 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Knowing next to nothing of the draft picks you selected at this point, I can get behind the idea of this many early picks over the next few years. 

This is a matter of coincidence - my first pick is actually a Detroit native. Had no idea but that would be cool. 

12 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Comp)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 2nd (Steelers)
  • 3rd (Lions)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Steelers)

That would be ideal.  The 49ers gave three firsts and a 3rd.  So might have to take away one of the Steelers later picks but still would be a good haul to be able to build and add talent to this team.  

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That would be ideal.  The 49ers gave three firsts and a 3rd.  So might have to take away one of the Steelers later picks but still would be a good haul to be able to build and add talent to this team.  

While I am more of the "draft and develop" type, Holmes' time at the Rams likely has opened up the possibility of using some of those 1st's to trade for talented veteran's and speed up the rebuild process. If you're hitting on mid to late round picks (even just as key depth), you can afford to trade away a high pick for a proven player like Jalen Ramsey. 

Even if we've had some coaching hiccups along the way, I do think that we've seen a coach in Campbell that players will want to come and play for. He obviously cares about winning here and that holds a lot of weight. We'll see if he can improve on the X's and O's along with time management but it feels like something is different here. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

While I am more of the "draft and develop" type, Holmes' time at the Rams likely has opened up the possibility of using some of those 1st's to trade for talented veteran's and speed up the rebuild process. If you're hitting on mid to late round picks (even just as key depth), you can afford to trade away a high pick for a proven player like Jalen Ramsey. 

Even if we've had some coaching hiccups along the way, I do think that we've seen a coach in Campbell that players will want to come and play for. He obviously cares about winning here and that holds a lot of weight. We'll see if he can improve on the X's and O's along with time management but it feels like something is different here. 

Agreed on all fronts.  Being able to go get the next Ramsey, Minkah Fitzpatrick etc would be nice and I would be all for it.  Helps when you have other stars on cheaper deals by drafting well.  

On 10/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, Karnage84 said:

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Comp)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 1st (Rams)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 2nd (Steelers)
  • 3rd (Lions)

• 1st (Lions)
  • 1st (Steelers)
  • 2nd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Lions)
  • 3rd (Steelers)

How do the Lions end up with 3 firsts in 2022?

9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

How do the Lions end up with 3 firsts in 2022?

TRADE

Lions trade #2 overall to Pittsburgh; Steelers select Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

• 2022 1st (#12)
  • 2022 2nd (#44)
  • 2022 5th
  • 2023 1st
  • 2023 2nd
  • 2024 1st
  • 2024 3rd

• It does appear one to many. 
Edited by Nnivolcm

51 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Trade down with Pittsburgh (who then draft Corral to replace Roethlisberger).

Don't you have us swapping firsts for 2022 which would still equal only two firsts in 2022 instead of 3? #12 and 29. Then in 2023 we would have 3 firsts (Lions, Rams, Steelers). Maybe I'm reading your post wrong?

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

Don't you have us swapping firsts for 2022 which would still equal only two firsts in 2022 instead of 3? #12 and 29. Then in 2023 we would have 3 firsts (Lions, Rams, Steelers). Maybe I'm reading your post wrong?

Maybe it was the lack of coffee, but you're right... I was forgetting that the next draft (which that is being traded) was in 2022 vs future (future) draft being in 2023+.

Should have been:

2022  #2 to Steelers in exchange for #12 and #29

Will take another look and clean that up.

38 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Maybe it was the lack of coffee, but you're right... I was forgetting that the next draft (which that is being traded) was in 2022 vs future (future) draft being in 2023+.

Should have been:

2022  #2 to Steelers in exchange for #12 and #29

Will take another look and clean that up.

Lack of coffee is a serious condition. Pour up my friend. Pour up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

So Pittsburgh is trading two firsts this year, plus a first next year?

Sorry fellas, my kid has just started escaping from his crib at 5:30 am and coming in to say hello. 

Based on the mock, the scenario would be:

Pittsburgh trading us

• #12 (2022)
  • 1st Round (2023)
  • 1st Round (2024)

+ a 2nd and a 3rd in there. 

So we would be swapping 2022 1st's and then obtaining 2x future 1st's along the way from them. This goes with the 2x future 1st's we have from the Rams in addition to our own picks. 

In this scenario, we would have:

2022 - Steelers (#12); Ram (#29)

2023 - Lions, Rams, Steelers

2024 - Lions, Steelers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Sorry fellas, my kid has just started escaping from his crib at 5:30 am and coming in to say hello. 

Based on the mock, the scenario would be:

Pittsburgh trading us

• #12 (2022)
  • 1st Round (2023)
  • 1st Round (2024)

+ a 2nd and a 3rd in there. 

So we would be swapping 2022 1st's and then obtaining 2x future 1st's along the way from them. This goes with the 2x future 1st's we have from the Rams in addition to our own picks. 

In this scenario, we would have:

2022 - Steelers (#12); Ram (#29)

2023 - Lions, Rams, Steelers

2024 - Lions, Steelers

Okay now I understand. Early morning math.😎 Not the best idea.

Anything that adds first round picks in 23 and 24 is good.

This isn’t the year for QB’s,so loading up for the two subsequent drafts is a good idea. 

Im really hoping the Lions can draft Caleb “Superman” Williams. I’ve been waiting all year for him to get into the Sooners starting lineup and he didn’t disappoint. He is a very special player and likely proves to be the best Sooners QB in history.

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

Okay now I understand. Early morning math.😎 Not the best idea.

Anything that adds first round picks in 23 and 24 is good.

This isn’t the year for QB’s,so loading up for the two subsequent drafts is a good idea. 

Im really hoping the Lions can draft Caleb “Superman” Williams. I’ve been waiting all year for him to get into the Sooners starting lineup and he didn’t disappoint. He is a very special player and likely proves to be the best Sooners QB in history.

I actually wanted to ask you, as you are the intersection of Sooners/Lions in our little group, what your thoughts were on Rattler. Outside of pure football, what has been your thoughts on him as the face of Sooner football and has anything changed since he has been replaced?