The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

https://www.nba.com/game/det-vs-hou-1522100020/play-by-play?period=Q3

You guys can looks at the play by play and see whats up. I don't take a ton of stock in summer league. It's essentially pick up basketball with some frankley not really good players.

Houston has like the perfect summer league team with a bunch of guys that can create there own shot/ score.

10 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

https://www.nba.com/game/det-vs-hou-1522100020/play-by-play?period=Q3

You guys can looks at the play by play and see whats up. I don't take a ton of stock in summer league. It's essentially pick up basketball with some frankley not really good players.

Houston has like the perfect summer league team with a bunch of guys that can create there own shot/ score.

Thanks. 

Green 1st period: 4 points. Cunningham on the bench for all of them.

Green 2nd period: 5 points. Cunningham on bench for all of them. 

Green 3rd period: 8 points. Cunningham on the floor for 2 of them. 

Green 4th period: 8 points. Cunningham on the floor for all 8. 

so I was off. 15 of his 25 came with Cunningham on the bench if I’m reading the 4th period correctly. Rushed through that one. 

Riley Greene and Spencer Torkelson are going off in August and have since been moved up to AAA.  The future is coming soon for the Tigers.  Likely not this year but wouldn't shock me to see Tork get call up in Sept. Both should be up sometime next year for good.  

In August, Greene is hitting .396 with 6 HRs and 17 RBI.  Tork had 4 HRs with 10 RBI in August.  Tork is still striking out more than expected but also walking a decent amount and found more power in Erie than he had in West Michigan

Kreidler has shown some pop this year too and also is moving up but not nearly the expectations for him but still nice to see a 4th rounder moving through the system successfully, especially at SS.  

Unfortunately Manning seems to be off still and hope they can fix him in the offseason.  Dingler also appears to be struggling hard in Erie. He needs to work on pitch selection and get back to taking walks and getting solid contact.  Also the rest of our bats seem to be doing pretty rough so hopefully these guys figure it out and make some progress so we have some support to go with Greene and Tork. Derek Hill has shown signs of life in the majors but keeps getting hurt while playing defense.  But would be nice to have at least a utility OF out of him. 

After seeing the national media eat up the Dan Campbell pressers, I am pretty sure unless we somehow make the playoffs this year we will end up being on Hard Knocks next year.  Could be fun to see inside the process with this staff but at the same time, I don't feel like many teams have had success after Hard Knocks.  Maybe it will help others want to come here though in free agency.  If they build the culture and make progress and DC is loveable and guys like to play for him, it could help. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is just a rumour right now but have any of you guys heard about a potential murder charge being filed against D'Andre Swift? Someone in one of my fantasy leagues just dropped that as something floating around. 

Sounds like someone in your league wants you to pass on him so they can pick him.

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Sounds like someone in your league wants you to pass on him so they can pick him.

We already did our draft. He said he saw it on a Lions message board. I only hang out with this particular group of rag tag so I haven't seen anything.

Apparently it was "a Lions player was arrested" and then a follow up indicated it was Swift. 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We already did our draft. He said he saw it on a Lions message board. I only hang out with this particular group of rag tag so I haven't seen anything.

Apparently it was "a Lions player was arrested" and then a follow up indicated it was Swift. 

As of a couple hours ago Campbell is saying Swift is good to go for the opener. 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I saw that too. Have been trying to find anything. It was posted on Reddit but the post has been taken down because there wasn't anything sourced. 

I can't imagine Campbell not being one of the few to know if one or his players was being investigated for a serious crime and I don't see Campbell being the kind of coach who would lie about it. 

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I can't imagine Campbell not being one of the few to know if one or his players was being investigated for a serious crime and I don't see Campbell being the kind of coach who would lie about it. 

I don't disagree at all. The only thing (to me anyway) is that if Swift knew someone who was murdered (maybe an old childhood friend or something) and the police were reaching out to ask him some questions, I don't know if any coach, including Campbell, would just sit him at that stage. If they have asked questions and are in the process of filing charges with a mountain of evidence, then it would make sense to sit the guy knowing he's going to get pulled sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

This is just a rumour right now but have any of you guys heard about a potential murder charge being filed against D'Andre Swift? Someone in one of my fantasy leagues just dropped that as something floating around. 

I thought the rumor you heard was Swift was a suspect. If the scenario you just laid out about the childhood friend is what you're talking about I'd say it's a non issue football-wise. 

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

I thought the rumor you heard was Swift was a suspect. If the scenario you just laid out about the childhood friend is what you're talking about I'd say it's a non issue football-wise. 

That's what I heard - he is a suspect.

It wouldn't be out of the question for the police to question him if the victim is someone known to Swift, like a childhood friend, and he was in town when the murder occurred. Being asked questions about something is one thing, being charged is ten other levels. 

Even if Swift is being questioned, it doesn't mean charges are pending. If I'm Campbell, I would be concerned but I wouldn't sit him until it escalates towards something along those lines and charges are expected. 

It could just be some random internet rumour that goes nowhere (hopefully) or it could be another step back in the team's rebuild. 

On 9/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, Karnage84 said:

I read a post on Reddit suggesting Swift had been implicated in a Philadelphia murder. Moderators removed the post.

Guys on message boards aren’t going to break this type of story. If there was a leak it would be on every sports page and network.