The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

18 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I actually wanted to ask you, as you are the intersection of Sooners/Lions in our little group, what your thoughts were on Rattler. Outside of pure football, what has been your thoughts on him as the face of Sooner football and has anything changed since he has been replaced?

I’ve never been on the Rattler bandwagon. He has LOADS of arm talent, can move around and be highly effective but it’s like this season his head has been elsewhere.

He was benched against Texas last season and of course he lost his starting job because of the Longhorns game this season. 

I wouldn’t object to him but never in the first round. There is something about the way he sees or doesn’t see the game. 

Now, if he transfers which seems likely and has another year the issues may disappear but right now, I would steer clear.

Its interesting that Williams after one start has the sixth best Heisman odds. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see him win it because he’s just an electric player.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32413362/freshman-caleb-williams-gets-starting-nod-qb-oklahoma-vs-tcu

Edited by diehardlionfan

3 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’ve never been on the Rattler bandwagon. He has LOADS of arm talent, can move around and be highly effective but it’s like this season his head has been elsewhere.

He was benched against Texas last season and of course he lost his starting job because of the Longhorns game this season. 

I wouldn’t object to him but never in the first round. There is something about the way he sees or doesn’t see the game. 

Now, if he transfers which seems likely and has another year the issues may disappear but right now, I would steer clear.

Its interesting that Williams after one start has the sixth best Heisman odds. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see him win it because he’s just an electric player.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32413362/freshman-caleb-williams-gets-starting-nod-qb-oklahoma-vs-tcu

I watched Rattler on that QB1 show on Netflix. I was really not a big fan of him as a person, at least based on how he was portrayed on the show. Has he been a leader on the Sooners and would you be happy with him as the QB of the Lions (say he wasn't a 1st rounder or he did transfer and then entered the draft)?

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I watched Rattler on that QB1 show on Netflix. I was really not a big fan of him as a person, at least based on how he was portrayed on the show. Has he been a leader on the Sooners and would you be happy with him as the QB of the Lions (say he wasn't a 1st rounder or he did transfer and then entered the draft)?

I don’t know much about him personally. He comes across a bit arrogant from just watching him.

I know from watching the Sooners the team responds much greater to Williams and it’s really apparent on the sidelines. Reading OU interviews the players marvel at how calm he is. One of the players said Williams never feels pressure.

Williams after a TD thanks and congratulates EVERY member of the offence. The players just seem to rally to him. 

Unfortunately he won’t be able to be drafted until 2024. 

He is only the third OU player that I have ever publicly said I would love to see on the Lions. AD, Gerald McCoy and now Williams. 

I think, out of all the years of watching OU play Williams has the greatest talent in joining the Sooners.

Another Sooner to keep your eye on (there’s a few actually) is Kennedy Brooks. He has excellent vision and cutting ability. He just is a step slow to be considered elite but in the right blocking scheme I could see him being Derrick Henry light. He’s a good back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I have heard from many that he was the worst on that show which is tough because Tate Martell was also on that show and he is pretty bad.  But yeah, arrogant sounds like the right description.  

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I have heard from many that he was the worst on that show which is tough because Tate Martell was also on that show and he is pretty bad.  But yeah, arrogant sounds like the right description.  

I was cheering for Jake Fromm and had hoped he would be something in the pro ranks. Same with Sam Hartman (Wake Forest). Both seemed like really good guys and good leaders on their team. 

Rattler, Martell and Fields really did not come across very well IMO. 

Anyone not paying attention to Moritz Seider needs to start. The kid is really good. I mean really good, he's imo, going to win the Calder trophy easily with some potential on Norris votes if Wings are in playoff chase.

He reminds me so much of Rob Blake on those Kings/Avalanche teams. His game is different from anyone we're use to having like Lidstrom/Rafalski/Schnider/Kronwall/Stuart/Chelios.

He's running the power player, playing top minutes against other teams top lines, holding up Danny DeKeyser now. Only thing he's not on regularly is the penalty kill.

33 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Anyone not paying attention to Moritz Seider needs to start. The kid is really good. I mean really good, he's imo, going to win the Calder trophy easily with some potential on Norris votes if Wings are in playoff chase.

He reminds me so much of Rob Blake on those Kings/Avalanche teams. His game is different from anyone we're use to having like Lidstrom/Rafalski/Schnider/Kronwall/Stuart/Chelios.

He's running the power player, playing top minutes against other teams top lines, holding up Danny DeKeyser now. Only thing he's not on regularly is the penalty kill.

And all at 19 years old. He's an incredible player.

Athough, if Raymond stays healthy, he could push Mo for the Calder.