Bengals QB Joe Burrow tears ACL, MCL and has other structural issues

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

In a perfect world, yes.  But they also know that we would be taking Sewell, and wouldn't give up much to move up when we clearly aren't taking a QB.  We could only threaten to trade with another team who coveted Fields, but then we'd be risking getting Sewell

It would be pretty minimal.  Maybe their second to drop one spot.  

On 11/25/2020 at 6:03 PM, INbengalfan said:

In a perfect world, yes.  But they also know that we would be taking Sewell, and wouldn't give up much to move up when we clearly aren't taking a QB.  We could only threaten to trade with another team who coveted Fields, but then we'd be risking getting Sewell

It’s not about who we are going to take. It’s about blocking anyone else from trading up with us. Knowing that we can move back 3-5 spots from 2 and still get Sewell, it’s all about stopping us from trading 2-3 spots down and someone else getting their QB. 

On 11/25/2020 at 6:03 PM, INbengalfan said:

I also don’t think Fields goes #2. I think he will be the 3rd QB taken. 

12 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

It’s not about who we are going to take. It’s about blocking anyone else from trading up with us. Knowing that we can move back 3-5 spots from 2 and still get Sewell, it’s all about stopping us from trading 2-3 spots down and someone else getting their QB. 

I get it, but I don't think Sewell makes it past 4 at most.  He should be the first non QB taken, and I wouldn't want to risk it

Lawrence will go #1.  Fields will likely go #2. No other QB has a hope of going in the top 10. 

Jets will get the top pick. Jags will pick second. No chance they win 2 more games with Jake Luton at QB. Bengals won't win any more games either with Allen or Finley at QB. So we're pretty much locked into the third pick. And that's ok.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:18 PM, sparky151 said:

Lawrence will go #1.  Fields will likely go #2. No other QB has a hope of going in the top 10. 

Jets will get the top pick. Jags will pick second. No chance they win 2 more games with Jake Luton at QB. Bengals won't win any more games either with Allen or Finley at QB. So we're pretty much locked into the third pick. And that's ok.

I wouldn’t say no other QB has a chance. That Zach Wilson kid from BYU could crack top 10, Trey Lance could if he has an amazing combine 

20 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I wouldn’t say no other QB has a chance. That Zach Wilson kid from BYU could crack top 10, Trey Lance could if he has an amazing combine 

I think all 4 are top 10 picks. Depending on the draft order, I could see 3 of them being in the top 3. Jets, Jags, Lions, Falcons, Panthers and Cowboys could all be targeting a QB. The only 3 loss or worse teams who likely wouldn’t take a QB is us, Chargers and Eagles. So if we are sitting at 2, Chargers at 3, and one of those teams are at 4, I would be shocked if the Chargers didn’t trade up a spot to get the QB they wanted.

We won’t get multiple firsts to move back a spot, but look at the 49ers and Bears in 2017 in a similar situation. 49ers weren’t taking a QB. Everyone knew it. But they still got 2 3rds and a 4th to move back a spot with the Bears.

14 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

I think all 4 are top 10 picks. Depending on the draft order, I could see 3 of them being in the top 3. Jets, Jags, Lions, Falcons, Panthers and Cowboys could all be targeting a QB. The only 3 loss or worse teams who likely wouldn’t take a QB is us, Chargers and Eagles. So if we are sitting at 2, Chargers at 3, and one of those teams are at 4, I would be shocked if the Chargers didn’t trade up a spot to get the QB they wanted.

We won’t get multiple firsts to move back a spot, but look at the 49ers and Bears in 2017 in a similar situation. 49ers weren’t taking a QB. Everyone knew it. But they still got 2 3rds and a 4th to move back a spot with the Bears.

Miami has the Texans' pick, but since they have Tua, they won't be looking QB.  Dallas might, but it depends on how the Dak situation plays out.  I could see him getting "Drew Brees-ed" and them take a QB while letting him go into the FA market.  Eagles might be going QB with Wentz always hurt and recently struggling. 

Jets are taking Lawrence, while the Jags probably take Fields.  If Sewell is on the board, why risk it at all?

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Jets are taking Lawrence, while the Jags probably take Fields.  If Sewell is on the board, why risk it at all?

Lots will change between now and April, but you'd slide down a spot if you knew the team coming up was going for a QB.  I'm pretty confident when swapping spots like that, the teams talk about who the pick is going to be.  I doubt a team would play dirty ball and say they're taking a QB and then take Sewell.  That'll land you a no-trade list pretty quick for many years to come.

I wouldn't move down more than one spot though.  That's a lot of risk if you're sold on one guy.

Knowing the Bengals, they'll say they had 4 guys rated similarly, and move down 5 spots and miss them all 😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, theJ said:

Knowing the Bengals, they'll say they had 4 guys rated similarly, and move down 5 spots and miss them all 😂

The more traditional way is they'll win the last 3 games to finish 5-10-1 and end up drafting 11th.  Of course Taylor has already had one successful tank.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, Johnny Nix said:

The BYU and North Dakota QBs certainly won't go in the top 5 and probably not in the top 10. Dallas will sign or tag Prescott. Lions and Falcons are unlikely to take new QBs next year. They're contract committed to Stafford and Ryan so it would be a wasted pick for a couple of years. Panthers could use a QB but are unlikely to trade up for one of the top options. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

The BYU and North Dakota QBs certainly won't go in the top 5 and probably not in the top 10. Dallas will sign or tag Prescott. Lions and Falcons are unlikely to take new QBs next year. They're contract committed to Stafford and Ryan so it would be a wasted pick for a couple of years. Panthers could use a QB but are unlikely to trade up for one of the top options. 

The Lions and Falcons are exactly the types of teams that would take Wilson (BYU) or Lance (NDSU) because they can sit them for a developmental year behind the vets, then cut the vets in the following offseason, if they so choose.  The cap hits go down dramatically on Ryan in the 2022 offseason.  I want to say Stafford will be a FA.

Stafford and Ryan were the #1 and #2 picks in their drafts. The college guys you mentioned are nowhere near that level of prospect. Teams (other than GB apparently) with established QBs who are healthy won't use a first round pick on a replacement QB unless the rookie is a no brainer. Neither of those guys is. The new management is there to turn things around, not continue the losing. It's not as if the QB is the problem for either team. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Stafford and Ryan were the #1 and #2 picks in their drafts. The college guys you mentioned are nowhere near that level of prospect. Teams (other than GB apparently) with established QBs who are healthy won't use a first round pick on a replacement QB unless the rookie is a no brainer. Neither of those guys is. The new management is there to turn things around, not continue the losing. It's not as if the QB is the problem for either team. 

Disagree.  Teams that see themselves in a one year trough will consider replacing aging vets with big contracts, which Ryan and Stafford are.  They may not get another crack at it.  Stafford is close to the end.  Ryan might be.