GDT: Titans at Colts

titans0021

11 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Our defensive struggles are pretty interesting. We seem to have no identity on defense. As a whole, on the line, in the middle and on the back end we have weaknesses. The only thing we identify is that we are going to play the bend don't break scheme. Depending on the fact that our offense doesn't turn the ball over and hoping we can get stops in the red zone and turnovers which clearly doesn't always work. I think if we could start to get more consistent pressure I think that is what would make this defense come together, I think that is this defenses achilles heal. With Landry having 3 sacks in the last 4 games and Simmons being the beast that he is maybe we can start harassing the quarterback. It just sucks that we finally got a big name in free agency in Clowney to create that and it just has not happened. I also wonder if Clowney had been playing with in injury longer than we know and that could have hampered his play a bit. Cause we seem to be getting more pressure without him and not losing any ground on defense against the run.

our defense has played MUCH better over the last 4 weeks.. clowney will only add to that.. the four man rush has not gotten more pressure than before.. roberson is showing that he is a back up guy and nothing more.. clowney is needed and is better than him.. the titans have gotten more pressure, but its come from blitzes.. landry has stepped up a little more, but he's gone against back up LT's the last two weeks, so theres that.. Im hoping with this time off, clowney resets, and comes back fresh and ready to BEAST! This team and more importantly, this defense is improving as the season goes along, which is what you want to see over a 16 game season. So man "fans" dont understand that most teams dont play their best ball at the beginning of the season nor should you want them too. this team under vrabel, has always gotten better toward the end. thats how you put yourself in position to win superbowls. we never needed DC, we just needed a talent upgrade and the coaches needed to coach up the guys we have. clearly, we are seeing the results of that, cuz like i said, the defense seems to be turning a corner.. get adoree back, clowney, and byard back to making plays and this defense is right back to where it needs to be.

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Get Nate to the pro bowl. Kid is a stud 

I hope we keep this same energy for isaiah wilson when he plays like this cause i VIVIDLY remember people trashing a rookie nate davis last year, even though we all knew he was gonna improve and was improving throughout the year, now we gotta "get this kid to the pro bowl" lol... some of you guys are so fair weather it makes me wanna puke lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

bruh yall sound ridiculous talking bout this kid.. smh... let the kid mature and get coached. dont through him away like a piece of trash.. we literally have not even seen him take meaningful snaps.. i think the guy is gonna be a dominant player when he plays.. it takes some guys longer to mature and step up than others.. if anything, all this negative stuff will serve to motivate him.. if he goes out there and turns into a pro bowler, then what? you guys will love him? dont be so judgemental.. give him a chance to improve.. i liked the pick when we made it and i still do.. the guy is gonna be a BEAST and open lanes for derrick than dennis kelly could only dream of.

Respect your point of view.

My thing.

1. This isn't 1999 where your first rounder is making $50 million.  No patience is given to picks now a days. If a team can move on from an 1st round QB after one season, they can do it for an end of the round OT. 

2. Needing to get used to the speed of the game is one thing. Maturity is another. "Be a Pro." Robinson's and Vrabel's Mantra.  Go learn to be mature on someone else's dime. 

3. Again we are talking about mentally getting himself together. Not how to pick up the scheme or making mistakes. Jonnu came along slowly. Nate Davis had a rough start. Nate Davis had to rework his whole stance and didn't he miss all of training camp basically. Which was why Jamil Douglas was starting. Jayon Brown wasn't a stud his first snap, but he showed he could get on the field. You get more room for error when you playing through mistakes, He can't even make it to the field. 

4. I'd say Derrick is doing just fine with Dennis Kelly. Not the greatest argument when he just came off a 100 plus yard 3 TD game and a lot of that came on Kelly's side. 

As silly as it may sound to be down on a guy that hasn't played a meaningful snap is equally silly to be so high on a guy  that is celebrated for just getting on the extra point team and got knocked on his butt for that. 

If being an 1st round pick, getting beat out by an throw away FA signing,  and getting beat out by a cancer survivor that never started an NFL game doesn't motivate you, then I doubt the way he is covered or talked about will get to him either. 

32 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My thing.

1. This isn't 1999 where your first rounder is making $50 million.  No patience is given to picks now a days. If a team can move on from an 1st round QB after one season, they can do it for an end of the round OT. 

2. Needing to get used to the speed of the game is one thing. Maturity is another. "Be a Pro." Robinson's and Vrabel's Mantra.  Go learn to be mature on someone else's dime. 

3. Again we are talking about mentally getting himself together. Not how to pick up the scheme or making mistakes. Jonnu came along slowly. Nate Davis had a rough start. Nate Davis had to rework his whole stance and didn't he miss all of training camp basically. Which was why Jamil Douglas was starting. Jayon Brown wasn't a stud his first snap, but he showed he could get on the field. You get more room for error when you playing through mistakes, He can't even make it to the field. 

4. I'd say Derrick is doing just fine with Dennis Kelly. Not the greatest argument when he just came off a 100 plus yard 3 TD game and a lot of that came on Kelly's side. 

As silly as it may sound to be down on a guy that hasn't played a meaningful snap is equally silly to be so high on a guy  that is celebrated for just getting on the extra point team and got knocked on his butt for that. 

If being an 1st round pick, getting beat out by an throw away FA signing,  and getting beat out by a cancer survivor that never started an NFL game doesn't motivate you, then I doubt the way he is covered or talked about will get to him either. 

At the end of the day some us are human. You see it’s easy to kick a person while they’re down easy to give up on em as fans, it’s easy to judge someone when you never once walked a mile in their shoes. I agree with mostly everything you said far as him being immature but at the end of the day he’s a human being he’s not perfect, therefore I won’t hold him as such & I still would like to see him turn it around & hopes he become a dominant player for the Titans. It’s call having a heart. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My thing.

also respect your point of view and you taking the time to talk brotha..

here's my rebuttle to what you said and i agree with most of it. I honestly had a bit of concern when we drafted him and i saw his twitter handle was "lay zay" or some play off his name.. I was like, i hope this dude aint lazy for real.. seems like it...I agree that he should be motivated by the guys in front of him playing before he does.. I also think if dennis kelly went down, maybe he goes in before quiz to play right tackle.. wilson has almost no chance to see time at LT...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

At the end of the day some us are human. You see it’s easy to kick a person while they’re down easy to give up on em as fans, it’s easy to judge someone when you never once walked a mile in their shoes. I agree with mostly everything you said far as him being immature but at the end of the day he’s a human being he’s not perfect, therefore I won’t hold him as such & I still would like to see him turn it around & hopes he become a dominant player for the Titans. It’s call having a heart. 

You are assuming I'm hateful on the person.  We aren't talking about him as a person. Hopefully I've been on this board long enough for everyone to know I stick to the player/coach and not the person. Only 2 people I can think that I've had feelings about them as a person. (Young and Pac-Man and with Young I changed my tune over time.)

Wilson the person I'm sure could be the best person to be around. Engaging, Fun. etc. And I never said once anything about him as a person. 

But as a player, everything I've said holds true to me. Maturity as a player needs a whole lot of work. Maturity as a person, I know nothing about. He could be taking care of 10 relatives, driving back and forth to a city, feeding the homeless, devoted spiritual person. I know nothing about that, none of us do.

Maturity as a NFL player, he currently sucks. We see that. TSU Party, Drinking and driving, out of shape, NFL knowledge, and work ethic. It has all been subpar. He isn't taking advantage of his NFL opportunity. If there are outside factors making it where he can't then peace be with him and hope it gets better.

But not once did I wish ill will to him as a person or say anything that I don't care about him a person. 

As a player on the team I root for, I don't care for him and didn't like him picked. That doesn't mean I wish ill upon him. I just rather him not be on the team I root for. 
I hate Watson, Watt as player but as men they are exceptional from what i see. 
That's the difference and I'm still a human with heart because I feel that way. 

Probably early to give up on him, if for no other reason than that he has the least trade value right now.

Give him the offseason of this year at least if he’s not dragging others down with him. If he stays out of trouble, at least, he’ll rehab sone value and you can decide after that.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

You are assuming I'm hateful on the person.  We aren't talking about him as a person. Hopefully I've been on this board long enough for everyone to know I stick to the player/coach and not the person. Only 2 people I can think that I've had feelings about them as a person. (Young and Pac-Man and with Young I changed my tune over time.)

Wilson the person I'm sure could be the best person to be around. Engaging, Fun. etc. And I never said once anything about him as a person. 

But as a player, everything I've said holds true to me. Maturity as a player needs a whole lot of work. Maturity as a person, I know nothing about. He could be taking care of 10 relatives, driving back and forth to a city, feeding the homeless, devoted spiritual person. I know nothing about that, none of us do.

Maturity as a NFL player, he currently sucks. We see that. TSU Party, Drinking and driving, out of shape, NFL knowledge, and work ethic. It has all been subpar. He isn't taking advantage of his NFL opportunity. If there are outside factors making it where he can't then peace be with him and hope it gets better.

But not once did I wish ill will to him as a person or say anything that I don't care about him a person. 

As a player on the team I root for, I don't care for him and didn't like him picked. That doesn't mean I wish ill upon him. I just rather him not be on the team I root for. 
I hate Watson, Watt as player but as men they are exceptional from what i see. 
That's the difference and I'm still a human with heart because I feel that way. 

I’m not accusing you of being hateful not at all, If anything I’m accusing you of not being forgiven. I understand you’re loyal to the team & you’re a die hard titans fans but what I’m saying is this, he’s human everyone has skeletons in their closet. I’m rooting for the kid. I’ll never kick a man while he’s down, tough times don’t last, tough people do. It’s about how you respond to adversity that defines your character. I wanna see him own his mistakes, his immaturity, & go out & become a high level T this organization vision when they drafted him

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not accusing you of being hateful not at all, If anything I’m accusing you of not being forgiven. I understand you’re loyal to the team & you’re a die hard titans fans but what I’m saying is this, he’s human everyone has skeletons in their closet. I’m rooting for the kid. I’ll never kick a man while he’s down, tough times don’t last, tough people do. It’s about how you respond to adversity that defines your character. I wanna see him own his mistakes, his immaturity, & go out & become a high level T this organization vision when they drafted him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

I hope we keep this same energy for isaiah wilson when he plays like this cause i VIVIDLY remember people trashing a rookie nate davis last year, even though we all knew he was gonna improve and was improving throughout the year, now we gotta "get this kid to the pro bowl" lol... some of you guys are so fair weather it makes me wanna puke lol

Main difference being that Nate was just overwhelmed on the field and was fundamentally bad last year. He wasn’t out getting drunk and doing donuts in a parking lot or going to college parties during a global pandemic and landing on the Covid list for months at a time.