JJ Watt Out for Season with Tibial Plateau Fracture

incognito_man

On 10/10/2017 at 12:06 AM, Kiwibrown said:

you have to wonder about juice. 

This is a stupid post. Don't come in here throwing around BS accusations without any proof. The guy  BROKE HIS LEG, he didn't tear any muscles....this is why I hate leaving the Texans section, so many ignorant posters on this site.

2 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

This is a stupid post. Don't come in here throwing around BS accusations without any proof. The guy  BROKE HIS LEG, he didn't tear any muscles....this is why I hate leaving the Texans section, so many ignorant posters on this site.

I'm not agreeing with him by any means but steroids do increase the risk of bone breaks. Muscle mass is added to quickly and the bones can't handle it.

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

While I don't share @amazingandre's zeal, I do agree with him. Correlation doesn't equal causation, as we covered earlier in this thread. 

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't think it's extreme to accuse Watt of PEDs. Because I'm pretty sure anyone in the NFL worth much of anything uses them.

Then why don't we see the same accusations in the David Johnson injury thread? Greg Olson? Dalvin Cook? Odell Beckham? Marcus Mariota? Derek Carr?

It's lazy analysis at best.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Then why don't we see the same accusations in the David Johnson injury thread? Greg Olson? Dalvin Cook? Odell Beckham? Marcus Mariota? Derek Carr?

Not sure, probably because they aren't associated with having insane physical measurables, but achieving those aren't the only reason for PEDs obviously.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure, probably because they aren't associated with having insane physical measurables, but achieving those aren't the only reason for PEDs obviously.

Did you see the measurables for each of these guys? I'm not sure many QBs can run a 4.41, but there goes Mariota...

Again - lazy analysis. There is a clear genetic aspect with Watt, he's got two brothers starting in the league, one a 1st round pick himself.

I get it we want to be jaded, but settle down. No need to burn everyone at the stake.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Did you see the measurables for each of these guys? I'm not sure many QBs can run a 4.41, but there goes Mariota...

Again - lazy analysis. There is a clear genetic aspect with Watt, he's got two brothers starting in the league, one a 1st round pick himself.

I get it we want to be headed, but settle down. No need to burn everyone at the stake.

Yeah, Mariota is fast but he also isn't 290 pounds of muscle, doesn't have a vert jump that would make some NBA players jealous despite weighing 70 pounds more than them, bench 34 reps of 225, etc, etc, etc.

And you're taking what I'm saying as offensive. I'm not blaming or hating on anyone in the NFL for using PEDs. I think it should be allowed and have 0 issue with it, because I feel most players do it anyway, so might as well do it in a controlled environment where you get proper medical supervision, etc. I'm sure plenty of Titans take PEDs. Hell, Jurrell Casey can run 22 mph and almost run down Brandon Marshall despite being 6'1(if that) and 300+ pounds. That **** ain't natural.

Sucks to see anyone get hurt.  Hopefully Watt is back and good to go next season.

As far as the steroid discussion, Watt has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.  Honestly, I don't think we should even be talking about steroids in this thread because it's de-railing the topic at hand and there's no reason to even bring it up here. 

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Is Andy Reid on roids this season? His performance has improved significantly.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is Andy Reid on roids this season? His performance has improved significantly.

Just wait until the playoffs when he has to manage the clock. He'll go vintage Andy

I like Reid, he's one of the best coaches in the league, but I'd be shocked if he suddenly corrected his biggest flaws. He's finally got the offensive playmakers and QB he needs to make his offense run smoothly. I don't think he's really improved as much as the team has better fitting talent on offense 

1 hour ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Just wait until the playoffs when he has to manage the clock. He'll go vintage Andy

I like Reid, he's one of the best coaches in the league, but I'd be shocked if he suddenly corrected his biggest flaws. He's finally got the offensive playmakers and QB he needs to make his offense run smoothly. I don't think he's really improved as much as the team has better fitting talent on offense 

You sound nervous, as a NE fan. You should be ;)

Archived