From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Man I was waiting for someone inside the building to say something. I like both Vrabel and Ran but if Vrabel's ego is the reason for all this then good riddance 

The reasons for being at this point are unknown. 

There is a fire somewhere with all the smoke. And the thinking is if we have issues now. Then it's not going to get better 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

regardless of my feelings about vrabel, this feels like a massive failure of organizational leadership and does not inspire confidence.

Nothing about it makes sense. I'm hoping clear minds prevail and  things work out. 

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

regardless of my feelings about vrabel, this feels like a massive failure of organizational leadership and does not inspire confidence.

If it happens, agreed.  I'm still pretty bearish on the whole thing.

A firing would be bizarre.  As many problems as Vrabel obviously has, it's a weird time.  You just replaced the GM, with the logic being the previous GM created a roster bereft of talent, and then fire the coach for not winning with said bereft roster?

At least this year, none of the positional problems were Daley-level bad.  They eventually trotted out different people at LT, and they all played pretty terribly.

Levis was great once they got him on the field, but he's a rookie, and I'd bet heavily he wouldn't have looked that good had he been pushed onto the field week 1.

I think he's NE bound and probably has been for months. Kraft is a shrewd business man and probably locked him in when they were together for the ring of honor induction. 

If this is indeed the case, don't let the door hit you on your way out, Vrabes.

35 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I like AAS and think she's done a good job overall since she became owner...but this reeks of not really having a strong grasp on what's going on inside your home.

• Like 1

I'm split on this whole thing.

On one hand, losing a coach like Vrabel would suck tremendously. Even with his flaws, he's a guy with a proven track record and the players obviously love playing for him.

On the other hand, if a coaching change is going to happen, what better time to do it than now. This is the offseason that could shape how the next few years look roster wise, and I'll be lying if a part of me wasn't a small bit concerned with what Vrabel's vision for the roster is. Plus, I don't think Vrabel should be holding our franchise hostage or have the right to undercut Ran (if the reports of him wanting an overseeing over the both of them is true). 

I'm also not too worried about losing the lockerroom or Levis's development. These guys are professional and honestly we'll probably have a mass roster turnover anyway. And all we've heard about Levis is how smart he is and his work ethic. Sure, ideally you'd want to keep the same system from year 1 to year 2. If Levis is the guy we think/hope he is, then I would hope he'd be able to grasp a new system. And depending on who the hire is (offensive guy), it could pay huge dividends for Levis in the long run.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I love Derrick, but if you truly want this offense to evolve to a modern one, Derrick has to go. I do think he could score 10+TDs again for us if we did resign him and used him as a redzone/4th qtr back, but Henry's not taking that. 

This issue with derrick, and what likely will stunt his FA value, is his ineptness in the pass game. He's a bad catcher, he's a worse bltiz protector. So if you want to get the best out of him, you have to give him volume carries. This was a CJ2K problem too. Not alot of teams are gonna give him the volume we did the last 8 years. Philly and Baltimore maybe, but the market won;t be big and those teams usually never spend on RBs. 

That’s why I strongly believe he’ll be a cowboy when it comes to it. They love to run the ball, but they’re pedestrian this yr, betting on pollard as a feature back flopped. Henry will be the missing piece to that offense, it’ll basically come down to #s I don’t think Henry wants big money just respectable money 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I just don't understand what could be the problem. 

I half wonder if there's not really any problem at all. Just because waiting to make a move if this divorce really is inevitable makes no sense for either side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I half wonder if there's not really any problem at all. Just because waiting to make a move if this divorce really is inevitable makes no sense for either side.

The lack of a move makes me feel personally there is a move, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The lack of a move makes me feel personally there is a move, if that makes sense. 

The only reason that a move wouldn't be made already if one is being made is to set up a trade.

If this ends up with the Titans just firing Vrabel, I'm done having any hope in this franchise, because there is 0 logic to that. No reason that shouldn't have been done yesterday and already started setting up interviews for other coaches.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The only reason that a move wouldn't be made already if one is being made is to set up a trade.

If this ends up with the Titans just firing Vrabel, I'm done having any hope in this franchise, because there is 0 logic to that. No reason that shouldn't have been done yesterday and already started setting up interviews for other coaches.

firing would be an absolutely brutal outcome. it's got to be a trade or he stays.

• Like 1