From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The main thing is that Henry wants to see what is out there in FA. He is very adamant about that and I think the interviews show that too. 

I think Hope said it best. If we do all our shopping and get to the bargain deals of FA period and he is unsigned, then work to bring him back. Outside of that.....

I don’t think He wants to comeback he’s moving on, he’s won on every level of his career high school college, I think he wants a shot at a SB it’s not about money it’s about are you a contender & does he fit the offense 

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The main thing is that Henry wants to see what is out there in FA. He is very adamant about that and I think the interviews show that too. 

I think Hope said it best. If we do all our shopping and get to the bargain deals of FA period and he is unsigned, then work to bring him back. Outside of that.....

Right. And this might be a little bit of cope from me, but I really don't think he's gonna have a huge market. At least not for a big contract. 

Think it just depends on how important getting a ring is to him. I could see him going somewhere like KC for SUPER CHEAP to get a chance at a Super Bowl. He wouldn't be the focus. His body wouldn't be breaking down as much. 

But if he's not willing to take a team friendly deal, AND he wants to win . . . he's gonna struggle to find a place to go.

6 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

Right. And this might be a little bit of cope from me, but I really don't think he's gonna have a huge market. At least not for a big contract. 

Think it just depends on how important getting a ring is to him. I could see him going somewhere like KC for SUPER CHEAP to get a chance at a Super Bowl. He wouldn't be the focus. His body wouldn't be breaking down as much. 

But if he's not willing to take a team friendly deal, AND he wants to win . . . he's gonna struggle to find a place to go.

He’s going to Dallas, Baltimore or Philly my money is on Dallas 

27 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s going to Dallas, Baltimore or Philly my money is on Dallas 

Literally my 3 least favourite teams outside of our division. Would be a nightmare scenario for me. 😂

• Like 1

I love Derrick, but if you truly want this offense to evolve to a modern one, Derrick has to go. I do think he could score 10+TDs again for us if we did resign him and used him as a redzone/4th qtr back, but Henry's not taking that. 

This issue with derrick, and what likely will stunt his FA value, is his ineptness in the pass game. He's a bad catcher, he's a worse bltiz protector. So if you want to get the best out of him, you have to give him volume carries. This was a CJ2K problem too. Not alot of teams are gonna give him the volume we did the last 8 years. Philly and Baltimore maybe, but the market won;t be big and those teams usually never spend on RBs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy 

Nothing solid.

The vibe around the building is that Vrabel is gone. 

Just something is going on. 

The theory is that they are just trying to figure out how they will split opposed to if they will. 

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The theory is that they are just trying to figure out how they will split opposed to if they will. 

they better figure it out fast or we’re going to have a fisher firing situation where all the good coaches have already been hired by the time we start looking for one.

only the titans could stumble their way into a mess like this, man.

Man… I was hoping this wasn’t the case. You want to talk about franchise altering disaster. Firing Vrabel right now when the guys clearly still love him is a terrible idea unless we hear about the why sometime soon. 

I wonder what truly happened behind the scenes for us to end up here

Vrabel seemed off all season...obviously we were losing but even in pressers he was talking more cryptically than normally

Did he truly just want to hitch his wagon to the Tanny/Henry/Byard era? I suppose that's a possibility, but it just kinda seems odd and unlikely. He as much as anyone knows the realities of the league, player turnover, etc. Out with the old, in with the new. 

If he's feeling that the FO is undermining him, well the roster transactions we've made in the RC era suggest differently. 

This is very frustrating, as we're losing a great head coach. More importantly, it's concerning for Levis and his development as he'll be entering year 2 with a new HC and a new system.

Even if you wanted Vrabel gone, this is a huge step back for us no matter how you slice and dice it.

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy 

Nothing solid.

The vibe around the building is that Vrabel is gone. 

Just something is going on. 

Man I was waiting for someone inside the building to say something. I like both Vrabel and Ran but if Vrabel's ego is the reason for all this then good riddance 

I’m kind of excited to see a new coach.. I wonder how much the injuries will change with a new coach and I want to see some personnel use that actually makes sense. Oh and somebody that actually uses talent instead of preferring special teams usage