From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

Hearing Brian Callahan is a heavy favorite before the interviews start. 

Obviously time will tell, but based on the stuff we've been hearing...sounds like a guy who is ready for a HC opp

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

Hearing Brian Callahan is a heavy favorite before the interviews start. 

makes sense, he was the first guy nashville media got onto before there was even an official interview request, so sounds like there must be buzz around him in the building

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I hope he aces the interview.. it’ll be a breath of fresh air seeing a new offense on Sunday.. Burks breakout season loading lol

If Brian Callahan, or anyone for that matter, can turn Treylon Burks into even a mediocre NFL WR, then I assume he'd also be able to fly a sleigh of reindeer, come down chimneys and deliver presents to kids across the globe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If Brian Callahan, or anyone for that matter, can turn Treylon Burks into even a mediocre NFL WR, then I assume he'd also be able to fly a sleigh of reindeer, come down chimneys and deliver presents to kids across the globe.

Was literally just talking to my buddy about this. Holy hell would he be a saint for us.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

Was literally just talking to my buddy about this. Holy hell would he be a saint for us.

i wouldn't hold your breath. Treylon burks has a Treylon Burks problem, not a coaching problem.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i wouldn't hold your breath. Treylon burks has a Treylon Burks problem, not a coaching problem.

Yea, I ain't betting on it. He just hasn't showed strides as a route runner or someone who can magnetize balls when they are in his vicinity. I will say, the Bengals tho have done some great stuff with wr screens and moving Jamaar Chase around in pre snap to get him in open space, maybe that can breathe life into Burks game.

I'd be perfectly fine with Brian Callahan if he ends up being the pick. I think he'd work really well with Levis, and most importantly, I'd like to think he'd be able to fix our Oline through his dad's tutelage over the years. Even though the Bengals consistent Oline woes have been concerning.

one thing i'd be curious about if it's callahan is whether he'd want to call plays. he's never done it at any level so it'd be a big risk if he were to be both a first-time head coach *and* a first-time playcaller. my guess is he'd delegate it to an OC.

• Like 1

My guy is Callahan as well. I think he can be a "buy one get 3 free" type situation. Yes, we get him as HC, but he likely brings his dad on as a respected o line coach in this league. Tee Higgins, they say is from Nashville, but having his former OC here likely would help provided they had a good relationship. (if Higgins gets the tag, i'd gladly work a sign and trade centered around our 2nd round pick) and his hiring may help lure a solid LT here in jonah williams. Sign him to be the LT and if you draft Alt, move him to RT where he has played before. 

Edited by Airness McNairness