Week #12 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

My hot take. The Panthers were better off rolling the dice with Cam Newton than signing TB. Bridgewater is a stat padding phantom QB that crumbles with the game on the line. Honestly the worst clutch I’ve seen in a QB in a long time.

PJ Walker should be starting the rest of the year. Carolina wasted 60 million for a slightly better version than Kyle Allen, and honestly Kyle might be better than he is.

Teddy put them in position to win or tie up the game against Minnesota TWICE. Don’t blame Teddy when your defence lacks a spine and let them walk all over you with a minute left, only for Teddy to drive into position again and your kicker to miss in hilariously bad fashion.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

29 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Teddy put them in position to win or tie up the game against Minnesota TWICE. Don’t blame Teddy when your defence lacks a spine and let them walk all over you with a minute left, only for Teddy to drive into position again and your kicker to miss in hilariously bad fashion.

He literally missed a wide open DJ Moore in the end-zone at the end of the game that would have won it.

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He literally missed a wide open DJ Moore in the end-zone at the end of the game that would have won it.

One miss doesn’t mean Teddy is all the sudden playing worse than Cam Newton and is the problem in Carolina. Cam Newton looks like a taller Kendall Hinton this year 

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

One miss doesn’t mean Teddy is all the sudden playing worse than Cam Newton and is the problem in Carolina. Cam Newton looks like a taller Kendall Hinton this year 

Maybe, but I'd much rather have Cam who wants to win and takes responsibility for his play than someone like Teddy, who in the press conference talks about the final play like it had something to do with coaching.  "I think we were rushing," "if we had more time, maybe we check to something else," rather than saying... hey, my OL gave me great pass protection and I had a WIDE open DJ Moore in the end-zone, and I just missed the throw.

That is why Panthers fans still talk about Cam.  Because Bridgewater has a loser mentality.  It's why he folds in the crunch.  There is no sense of urgency with him.  He's just happy to be out there.  And that's cool, I guess.  I didn't have an expectation to win this season anyway, and we are better than we were supposed to be.  But it's just frustrating to watch a QB like that.  Someone with such a complacent attitude about the success of the team.  

But yeah, Cam is probably washed.  I'm not saying Teddy ain't better.  But his mentality is definitely a lot worse, and it explains why a lot of us still miss and cherish Cam

Edited by iknowcool

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Maybe, but I'd much rather have Cam who wants to win and takes responsibility for his play than someone like Teddy, who in the press conference talks about the final play like it had something to do with coaching.  "I think we were rushing," "if we had more time, maybe we check to something else," rather than saying... hey, my OL gave me great pass protection and I had a WIDE open DJ Moore in the end-zone, and I just missed the throw.

That is why Panthers fans still talk about Cam.  Because Bridgewater has a loser mentality.  It's why he folds in the crunch.  There is no sense of urgency with him.  He's just happy to be out there.  And that's cool, I guess.  I didn't have an expectation to win this season anyway, and we are better than we were supposed to be.  But it's just frustrating to watch a QB like that.  Someone with such a complacent attitude about the success of the team.  

But yeah, Cam is probably washed.  I'm not saying Teddy ain't better.  But his mentality is definitely a lot worse, and it explains why a lot of us still miss and cherish Cam

Respect buddy - I like Teddy and stirring the pot ;), but won't pretend I watch the Panthers in depth

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I dont know much about coaching candidates. But who would be a perfect fit for the Chargers?

No idea but I would go with a offensive coordinator. It seems like hiring DCs to be HCs flops a lot more often than a offensive minded guy. You have guys like McVay, Shannahan, Daboll, Kingsberry, Stefanski, Lafluer and Rhule who were all offensive guys who are flourishing right now with their opportunities. The only new(ish) hired Defensive guy who is doing well right now is Flores. 

53 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It was his fault we were in that situation. Wouldn’t have had to do it twice if he’d played average at best the rest of the game. 

20 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Respect buddy - I like Teddy and stirring the pot ;), but won't pretend I watch the Panthers in depth

It's all good lol I'm pretty sure I'm way more harsh on Teddy than I should be because I miss Cam.  He's not terrible. But given what this offense could be with someone who could push it downfield?  It's just really disappointing.  

Apparently we liked Herbert a lot.  Not sure we would have taken him at #7 if he fell, but man that woulda been a sight to see.  I really truly think DJ Moore is a top 10, top 5 WR guy.  He's open a LOT.  Really, the only thing he lacks is the ability to make those insane catches in traffic that guys like Hopkins and Evans make.  But he just can't play with Teddy.  No coincidence Moore had his best game with PJ Walker, who sucks but at least he can hit Moore deep.

If we can bring back Samuel and CMC is healthy next year, this offense could be a problem depending on who we draft.  Or we stick with Teddy, which is the more likely scenario.  Not against that - we could win with Teddy, but we gotta get even better elsewhere (pass defense for example).

Edited by iknowcool

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

It's all good lol I'm pretty sure I'm way more harsh on Teddy than I should be because I miss Cam.  He's not terrible. But given what this offense could be with someone who could push it downfield?  It's just really disappointing.  

Apparently we liked Herbert a lot.  Not sure we would have taken him at #7 if he fell, but man that woulda been a sight to see.  I really truly think DJ Moore is a top 10, top 5 WR guy.  He's open a LOT.  Really, the only thing he lacks is the ability to make those insane catches in traffic that guys like Hopkins and Evans make.  But he just can't play with Teddy.  No coincidence Moore had his best game with PJ Walker, who sucks but at least he can hit Moore deep.

Fair enough, I took Moore in fantasy thinking he would crush it this year - he’s been fine but I thought he’d be around top 6 in stats but what can you do. He definitely has staying power in the league I just hope his injury wasn’t too bad because he’s legit.

and yeah Herbert in Carolina would be lit - my oldest friend is a Panthers fan so I have a soft spot for them 

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not claiming to have done that. I am just saying out of the ~4ish games I have watched Patty M this year, he has had "should have been" INTs in every game. Week one he had like 2-3 of them alone, iirc. 

Every QB gets them, its part of football. I am just saying that he has a bunch of them so far this season. Not knocking him as a QB. He is the best player in the NFL. But as they say, sometimes its better to be lucky. 

He throws the ball too hard, DBs aren’t prepared for it(plus they can’t catch anyways) so they drop it. That and he’s normally pretty careful, I think it’s like Lebron syndrome where people are so star struck that they can’t believe he threw a bad ball. 

Inter divisional rivals are more prepared, why the Raiders have a couple, although that second one was largely on Robinson/miscommunication.

That’s my explanation, otherwise I don’t get it. He should have more interceptions, but doesn’t so he don’t. I’m not gonna complain better to be lucky as you said. 

Edited by Chiefer

5 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Ketchup thing probably should have made him plummet in the draft. America doesn’t like that 

Actually a lot of Americans love ketchup. I work at a restaraunt, they put it on everything. That and ranch.

• Like 1