Week #12 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

For my next Dylan Spit Hot Fire take, that is so extreme no one will even think of agreeing with me, Kyler Murray has been annoyed way too early. If you want to crown him, then crown his ***. But also you shouldn’t because you’ll have at least a 47.4% chance of being wrong. You can add Kingsbury to that as well. 

So, I dunno if I find HIM annoying, but I do find the anointing of him way premature, and thus, annoying. There are still MASSIVE gaps in his game that get ignored because is, admittedly, SO damn fun to watch. Hey may be able to improve on what he's currently lacking, so I'm by no means calling him a bust. There are many reasons that Cardinals fans should be excited about him. I'm just saying pump the breaks, the jury is very much still out.

And Kingsbury, honestly, looks like he has as good of a chance of being yet another dumb flash in the pan as he does of being a good long-term head coach. Again, jury is still waaaay out.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

What does that have to do with being on a football team?

I appreciate you taking that at face value 😅🤷‍♂️.

But as far as football, he's not very good compared to the attention and contract he demands. He was very up and down in SF and people were tired of him--his opting out of a big contract was prideful, as many/most didn't think he was worth what he opted out of--even before all the politics. 

My assertion is that must really only care about him because they agree with his politics, not because they actually think he should get paid what he's been asking for what he brings to the field. But we can disagree on that, of course.

tl;dr Kaep wouldn't get brought up a tenth as often if it weren't for his politics, so his being a hypocrite of the worst kind actually happens to be very about football in this particular situation

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I appreciate you taking that at face value 😅🤷‍♂️.

But as far as football, he's not very good compared to the attention and contract he demands. He was very up and down in SF and people were tired of him--his opting out of a big contract was prideful, as many/most didn't think he was worth what he opted out of--even before all the politics. 

My assertion is that must really only care about him because they agree with his politics, not because they actually think he should get paid what he's been asking for what he brings to the field. But we can disagree on that, of course.

tl;dr Kaep wouldn't get brought up a tenth as often if it weren't for his politics, so his being a hypocrite of the worst kind actually happens to be very about football in this particular situation

Ahhh you were being sarcastic, went right over my head! Also, agree with your post.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Ahhh you were being sarcastic, went right over my head! Also, agree with your post.

It's sad that we're in a climate of folks making statements like mine--*achoo*weird virtue-signaling hill to die on*achoo*--and meaning them at face value.

10 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So, I dunno if I find HIM annoying, but I do find the anointing of him way premature, and thus, annoying. There are still MASSIVE gaps in his game that get ignored because is, admittedly, SO damn fun to watch. Hey may be able to improve on what he's currently lacking, so I'm by no means calling him a bust. There are many reasons that Cardinals fans should be excited about him. I'm just saying pump the breaks, the jury is very much still out.

And Kingsbury, honestly, looks like he has as good of a chance of being yet another dumb flash in the pan as he does of being a good long-term head coach. Again, jury is still waaaay out.

I’m posting from mobile and the damn autocorrect thought I meant annoyed.  I like him, but people are massively jumping the gun 

Edited by EvilenFroggen