Week #12 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

they're in the hunt for a top 5 draft pick is what they are

Top 5 draft pick. Playoffs....

Were undecided what we wanna do just yet. Probably wait until the last game of the season to decide if we want to tank with a 4 win season or host a playoff game with 5 wins. 

• Like 1

Crazy to think the winner of the NFC East will pick no better than 19th but missing out on the division title could mean a top 8 pick.

Embrace the tank, or host the top wildcard team, likely 2nd place from NFC West 

Edited by squire12

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im not claiming to have done that. I am just saying out of the ~4ish games I have watched Patty M this year, he has had "should have been" INTs in every game. Week one he had like 2-3 of them alone, iirc. 

Every QB gets them, its part of football. I am just saying that he has a bunch of them so far this season. Not knocking him as a QB. He is the best player in the NFL. But as they say, sometimes its better to be lucky. 

The narrative of Mahomes getting a lot of dropped/overturned interceptions started week 1, when one was overturned by DPI. That stuck in everyone's heads, and so people notice more when he has one that goes near a defender, or gets overturned due to penalty. Regardless of situation or culpability, everyone has started freaking out, and latching onto this as the main Mahomes is overrated narrative. Even if he only threw an INT because he saw the offsides and chucked it deep, or because it's 4th down and giving it a shot makes sense, people don't care. No one said a peep about Brady's misfire to the flat that almost wound up picked by Sneed, but everyone lost it when Mahomes threw an INT when he was hit illegally during the throw. It's because that narrative is out there, so people notice the Mahomes not INTs more.

nate davis, an unheralded 3rd round pick out of unc charlotte last year who was average at best and very often a liability as a raw-as-hell rookie starter last year, is playing like a pro bowl guard this year. probably the most improved player on the whole team and he's been a rock on the OL despite all the injuries and shuffling we've had around him.

the titans' 2019 draft class: jeffery simmons, aj brown, nate davis, and amani hooker (not a star but a very solid 3rd safety). almost makes up for how useless our 2020 draft has been lol

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The narrative of Mahomes getting a lot of dropped/overturned interceptions started week 1, when one was overturned by DPI. That stuck in everyone's heads, and so people notice more when he has one that goes near a defender, or gets overturned due to penalty. Regardless of situation or culpability, everyone has started freaking out, and latching onto this as the main Mahomes is overrated narrative. Even if he only threw an INT because he saw the offsides and chucked it deep, or because it's 4th down and giving it a shot makes sense, people don't care. No one said a peep about Brady's misfire to the flat that almost wound up picked by Sneed, but everyone lost it when Mahomes threw an INT when he was hit illegally during the throw. It's because that narrative is out there, so people notice the Mahomes not INTs more.

Fair enough. But I would say the hit to the helmet has absolutely nothing to do with that throw. It was still a bad play by Mahomes, which reinforces the notion that he is getting lucky.

And again, I stress that all QBs get lucky from time to time. Mahomes has a bullseye on his chest as the best, so it makes sense that people notice how he has been bailed out a bit this season. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Fair enough. But I would say the hit to the helmet has absolutely nothing to do with that throw. It was still a bad play by Mahomes, which reinforces the notion that he is getting lucky.

And again, I stress that all QBs get lucky from time to time. Mahomes has a bullseye on his chest as the best, so it makes sense that people notice how he has been bailed out a bit this season. 

So, as I said, confirmation bias.