2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i dont see that comparison. Morant isnt a sniper from 3 like Green is. The Lavine comparison is perfect IMO. Both are crazy athletic and both are 3 level scoring threats. 

If he’s Zach Lavine then you take Jalen Suggs.

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Jalen Green’s ceiling being Kobe is 🥴

Brian Shaw on Jalen Green:

I’ve been around some very, very good players that came in the league around his age. Obviously played with and coached Kobe Bryant. Those players that are special players, they have this “it” factor that you hear people talk about. He has “it.” He has a knack for being able to figure things out on the fly. He has the mentality that he’s competitive and wants to win at everything. 

Another G-League coach on Jalen Green:

That stint in the bubble, I think it helped him play under control. He had to learn to play defense. BShaw (Brian Shaw, Ignite’s coach) and them, playing against all those experienced players (including former NBA vets Jarrett Jack and Bobby Brown), it helped him. … I remember how Kobe was as a young dude. He tried to just be explosive, jump over people at any time. Just being reckless, deviates from the play.

Take a moment to realize that you are taking a few quotes (that don’t say he is Kobe 2.0) and a mixtape to say that if everything clicks he can be a top 3 SG of all time. 

im sorry but that’s absurd. The ceiling is not that high for anyone in this draft. He can be good but ceiling as Kobe is another stratosphere. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You take Lonzo Ball over Zach LaVine?

Suggs isn’t Lonzo ball. 

the last college PG to lead his team to an undefeated record was Fred Van Vleet, and he was a senior. Suggs did it as a freshman against tougher competition with no other lottery teammates aside from maybe Kispert who won’t be that good in the NBA.

suggs is also an iconic sports name. Check my avatar. And you’re getting one of many jalens in this draft. And his whole demeanor reminds me of Jason Kidd. Lonzo is who he is. Should’ve never went 2nd. Suggs is the real deal tho

I’m praying OKC trades up and gets Suggs somehow. I don’t want Barnes or Bouknight.

Suggs and shai would solidify our backcourt for the next decade. Idc if we gotta throw away 5 picks to do it. This kid is a winner and plays the most important position. Should probably go 1st or 2nd overall.

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Suggs isn’t Lonzo ball. 

the last college PG to lead his team to an undefeated record was Fred Van Vleet, and he was a senior. Suggs did it as a freshman against tougher competition with no other lottery teammates aside from maybe Kispert who won’t be that good in the NBA.

suggs is also an iconic sports name. Check my avatar. And you’re getting one of many jalens in this draft. And his whole demeanor reminds me of Jason Kidd. Lonzo is who he is. Should’ve never went 2nd. Suggs is the real deal tho

Undefeated record? They played 4 ranked teams in the regular season. How many superstars has Gonzaga produced? Literally the last All-Star the program has produced was John Stockton in 1984. It's almost as beating up on no-name schools 30+ times per year doesn't prepare you to play against the best in the world. 

When the lights were the brightest and the games meant the most what happened to Gonzaga? They needed a miracle half court buzzer beater to beat a rebuilding UCLA program in the Final 4 and got absolutely murked by Baylor in the national championship game. 

UCLA was 29-4 heading into the tournament when they had Lonzo and you had Lavar saying that Lonzo was the next phenom. How well has that panned out in the NBA? 

Suggs averaged 4.5 assists/3.0 TO playing against great competition such as BYU, Pepperdine, and the University of San Francisco. He shot 33% from 3 as a freshman and averaged 1.2 3PM per game, he had 9 games where he made 2+ 3's and 22 games where he made 1 3 or less. In the 9 games that he made multiple 3's he averaged 2.8 3's on 54% in the 22 games he didn't hit multiple 3's he averaged 0.4 3's on 16%. 

Lonzo Ball as a freshman averaged 14.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 7.6 assists, 1.8 steals, 2.0 TO on 55% FG/41% 3FG/67% FT at a major program that had a great season in a big conference. Jalen Suggs averaged 14.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.9 steals, 3.0 TO on 50% FG/33% 3FG/75% FT at a big program that played one of the weakest schedules in the country. 

Suggs had 14 isolation attempts in 31 games at Gonzaga and they beat up on an extremely weak schedule the entire season. We hear things like "he's a winner" and "he has great intangibles" about Suggs in the same way that we heard them about Lonzo who was a better shooter, better playmaker, at a bigger program, against better competition while in college. 

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

whole demeanor reminds me of Jason Kidd. Lonzo is who he is. Should’ve never went 2nd. Suggs is the real deal tho

Lonzo Ball career stats: 11.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.4 apg on 40% FG/35% 3FG

Jason Kidd career stats: 12.6 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 8.7 apg on 40% FG/35% 3FG

aaa11e8a-bf25-4483-aa33-7cf7a5acfc29.siz

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Imagine the 97’ draft if Kobe plays one year of college.  He goes #2 and back to Philly…. College bball was robbed of so much talent those years with KG, Kobe, T-Tac, Lebron, Amare, Dwight.  

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Undefeated record? They played 4 ranked teams in the regular season. How many superstars has Gonzaga produced? Literally the last All-Star the program has produced was John Stockton in 1984. It's almost as beating up on no-name schools 30+ times per year doesn't prepare you to play against the best in the world. 

When the lights were the brightest and the games meant the most what happened to Gonzaga? They needed a miracle half court buzzer beater to beat a rebuilding UCLA program in the Final 4 and got absolutely murked by Baylor in the national championship game. 

UCLA was 29-4 heading into the tournament when they had Lonzo and you had Lavar saying that Lonzo was the next phenom. How well has that panned out in the NBA? 

Suggs averaged 4.5 assists/3.0 TO playing against great competition such as BYU, Pepperdine, and the University of San Francisco. He shot 33% from 3 as a freshman and averaged 1.2 3PM per game, he had 9 games where he made 2+ 3's and 22 games where he made 1 3 or less. In the 9 games that he made multiple 3's he averaged 2.8 3's on 54% in the 22 games he didn't hit multiple 3's he averaged 0.4 3's on 16%. 

Lonzo Ball as a freshman averaged 14.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 7.6 assists, 1.8 steals, 2.0 TO on 55% FG/41% 3FG/67% FT at a major program that had a great season in a big conference. Jalen Suggs averaged 14.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.9 steals, 3.0 TO on 50% FG/33% 3FG/75% FT at a big program that played one of the weakest schedules in the country. 

Suggs had 14 isolation attempts in 31 games at Gonzaga and they beat up on an extremely weak schedule the entire season. We hear things like "he's a winner" and "he has great intangibles" about Suggs in the same way that we heard them about Lonzo who was a better shooter, better playmaker, at a bigger program, against better competition while in college. 

Lonzo ball is trash. Suggs will be great. 

I gave you the Jalen green over Cade pick… you gotta admit Suggs > ZO

Edited by Kirill

suggs wasnt even a top 2 scoring option for zaga as a 5 star recruit. if green went to zaga he would have been their 1st option. suggs will be a good player but his upside isnt higher than green's.  when you are picking 2nd, you have to swing for the fences on a potential star.

Edited by Texansfan713

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

suggs wasnt even a top 2 scoring option for zaga as a 5 star recruit. if green went to zaga he would have been their 1st option. suggs will be a good player but his upside isnt higher than green's.  when you are picking 2nd, you have to swing for the fences on a potential star.

Yea id still take green but lavine isn’t an inspiring player if that’s who he is lol