2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

you act like lavine is trash or something lol

He ain’t making the playoffs. I bet green will be a better defender and higher impact player tho.

Suggs was an all star defender in college so his player comps will naturally be players that win more 

@NYRaiderJalen Suggs led his football team to a state championship in high school as a QB and DB.  Lonzo at the same age was busy trying to build a sneaker and social media brand under the thumb of Lavar. Suggs is way tougher and will have more success from day 1 in the NBA.

i changed my mind again I’d go Cade first still, Jalen Suggs 2nd. Jalen green 3rd Evan Mobley 4th Scottie Barnes 5th James Bouknight 6th

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

@NYRaiderJalen Suggs led his football team to a state championship in high school as a QB and DB.  Lonzo at the same age was busy trying to build a sneaker and social media brand under the thumb of Lavar. Suggs is way tougher and will have more success from day 1 in the NBA.

i changed my mind again I’d go Cade first still, Jalen Suggs 2nd. Jalen green 3rd Evan Mobley 4th Scottie Barnes 5th James Bouknight 6th

What does playing HS football have to do with how his game will translate to the NBA? Lonzo at the same age was the best player on one of the best HS basketball teams in history. Is toughness going to improve his 3 point shooting or make him a better 3 point shooter? You realize in college that Lonzo was a way better shooter/playmaker playing against better competition, again, how well has that translated? 

Lonzo Ball:

In his senior year, he led the school to a 35–0 record and a state title, and the Huskies were ranked the consensus No. 1 team in the nation.He received national honors, including the Naismith Prep Player of the Year, Morgan Wootten National Player of the Year, USA Today Boys Basketball Player of the Year, and Mr. Basketball USA.

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

suggs wasnt even a top 2 scoring option for zaga as a 5 star recruit. if green went to zaga he would have been their 1st option. suggs will be a good player but his upside isnt higher than green's.  when you are picking 2nd, you have to swing for the fences on a potential star.

Yeah, Green was the third best player on his college team, Corey Kispert was his leader. 

15 hours ago, Kirill said:

Lonzo ball is trash. Suggs will be great. 

I gave you the Jalen green over Cade pick… you gotta admit Suggs > ZO

Lonzo Ball is definitely not trash but he hasn't lived up to the hype that he had coming into the league. 

Hindsight is 20-20 as draft prospects Lonzo Ball was definitely higher rated than Suggs. Ball was a way better playmaker, way better/more consistent shooter, and did it against better competition. Zo hit 2.2 3's per game at a 41% clip at UCLA but hasn't been a great shooter in the league, Suggs hit 1.3 3's per game at a 33% clip at Gonzaga. How well do you think his shooting is going to translate? 

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

He ain’t making the playoffs. I bet green will be a better defender and higher impact player tho.

Suggs was an all star defender in college so his player comps will naturally be players that win more 

Lavine is just scratching the surface, he's only 25 and is coming off of a 27/5/5 season on 51/41/85 splits. 

Suggs was an All-Star defender against who? Pepperdine? In the Final 4 Johnny Juzang torched Gonzaga and in the title game all 3 of Baylor's guards torched Gonzaga as well. 

You say that Suggs reminds you of Kidd, you do realize that in Kidd's first 3 seasons in the league he was a terrible shooter and the Mavericks were one of the worst teams in the league? 

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

you act like lavine is trash or something lol

He acts like Jason Kidd wouldn't be Lonzo Ball/Ricky Rubio if he played in the modern NBA. But hey, he was the QB on a state championship team so he's very tough. 

51 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

watch Stone do something stupid and overpay for the 1st pick.  just stand pat!

This has been a rumor for weeks, where there's smoke there's usually fire. Wouldn't surprise me to see a deal on draft day as Troy Weaver was the key influence in the OKC front office when they made the decision to draft Russell Westbrook and I'm sure he sees some parallel's to Green. Plus if Detroit has Cade/Green graded similarly they could add Green while also adding a ton of other assets to accelerate their rebuild. 

55 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

this just in: everybody wants a better pick

Houston has reportedly been in contact with Detroit for weeks and are infatuated with Cade. Reminds me of the Mavericks a couple of years ago with Luka. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Houston has reportedly been in contact with Detroit for weeks and are infatuated with Cade. Reminds me of the Mavericks a couple of years ago with Luka. 

houston: hey troy we want the number 1 pick

detroit: no

days later

houston: are you sure

detroit: yes

houston: dear media, we have had multiple conversations with detroit about the acquiring the number 1 pick

shams: the rockets are pursuing the no. 1 overall pick from the pistons

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

houston: hey troy we want the number 1 pick

detroit: no

days later

houston: are you sure

detroit: yes

houston: dear media, we have had multiple conversations with detroit about the acquiring the number 1 pick

shams: the rockets are pursuing the no. 1 overall pick from the pistons

Troy Weaver comes from the Sam Presti GM tree, he understands the value of having more draft assets to take more swings. I think it's unlikely that the Pistons trade Cade but I could totally understand their logic if they did swap Cade for Green + assets if their grades on them are similar.