2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@agarcia34 @Texansfan713 if the Rockets select Green he'll have a similar impact on the franchise to what we saw with LaMelo in Charlotte. Even if the team isn't winning a ton of games they will be must see TV and the fans will be excited going forward, dude is a human highlight reel. 

yeah that porter jr/green potential backcourt will be very fun to watch in person and on tv.

Edited by Texansfan713

The thing that worries me about Suggs is when you look at the best PG's in the league, how many of those guys struggle shooting the 3 consistently? DeAaron Fox (1.8 3's/32%), Russell Westbrook (1.3 3's/31%), Ja Morant (1.2 3's/30%), and Ben Simmons (0 3's/0% clip) are the only ones that come to mind. 

And I wouldn't even necessarily classify Simmons as a true "PG" so the only 3 would really be Fox, Morant, and Westbrook. All 3 of those guys are some of the quickest/most explosive players in the league and none of them have had much post-season success outside of Westbrook when he played with Durant. 

I think the Kidd comparison is a fair one for Suggs but coming into the league Kidd was a better 3 point shooter/playmaker. And even he struggled to score efficiently throughout his career. Other than Kidd (who averaged 9.0 apg) the only other high picks to come close to his playmaking numbers in college have been Ja Morant (10 apg), Lonzo Ball (7.6 apg), and Trae Young (8.7 apg).  

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah that porter jr/green potential backcourt will be very fun to watch in person and on tv.

It will give the fanbase something to be excited about going forward. Mobley may turn out to be a better player long term but I'd still bet on Green's long-term upside over any prospect in the draft. But either way drafting Green will pay dividends in both the short term and long term. People are going to be interested in watching the Rockets play even if the team isn't very good because KPJ, Wood, and Green should provide a really fun style of play to watch. I think that Green going #2 will actually play in his favor. Obviously the expectations will be high but all eyes will be on Cade this year.

I think the same thing goes for Cade up in Detroit. He has such high expectations that people will be interested in watching the Pistons play this year. Obviously different sports but Cade's situation reminds me a lot of Trevor Lawerence's situation in Jacksonville. Both guys are touted as generational players and if they're not able to live up to it they'll be considered disappointments. @Sllim Pickens

• The Warriors would like to swap their two lottery picks for veteran help, but president of basketball operations Bob Myers isn’t finding many impact players available on the trade market. The Jazz could emerge as a possibility, Fischer adds, as Utah is hoping to shed some salary before re-signing point guard Mike Conley. Joe Ingles might be moved in such a deal, and Bojan Bogdanovic and Royce O’Neale are also possibilities.

Jazz receive: Andrew Wiggins, Kevon Looney, Damion Lee, #7, #14

Warriors receive: Joe Ingles, Bojan Bogdanovic, Derrick Favors, #30 

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Bouknight actually had game film though haha 

Yeah game film of him being terrible in C&S situations and a pretty bad shooter overall. His situation at UConn obviously didn't help him as he had to be on the ball most of the time and had limited C&S opportunities. But he still never really showed a ton in terms of being able to play without the ball in his hands. I'm always a little weary of guys that didn't do it on film and then all of the sudden look amazing in workouts playing against the air. 

I do like Bouknight more now then I did about a month ago though. He's not a perfect player by any means but he definitely has some potential as a 3 level scorer. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah game film of him being terrible in C&S situations and a pretty bad shooter overall. His situation at UConn obviously didn't help him as he had to be on the ball most of the time and had limited C&S opportunities. But he still never really showed a ton in terms of being able to play without the ball in his hands. I'm always a little weary of guys that didn't do it on film and then all of the sudden look amazing in workouts playing against the air. 

I do like Bouknight more now then I did about a month ago though. He's not a perfect player by any means but he definitely has some potential as a 3 level scorer. 

Doesn’t sound like a great fit with SGA.  OkC needs shooters. 

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Doesn’t sound like a great fit with SGA.  OkC needs shooters. 

Barnes is a pretty terrible shooter as well, so is Jalen Suggs. The three best fits would've been Jalen Green, Cade Cunningham, or Evan Mobley. I think SGA/Bouknight can work if SGA is going to be the full-time PG. The Thunder beating the Clippers the final game of the season screwed them because it cost them a guaranteed top 4 pick. Moses Moody isn't a sexy pick and would be a slight reach at #6 but I think he compliments SGA perfectly as a 3&D wing that can play the 2/3. Since they also have #16/#18, if I were OKC and had to stand pat I'd definitely consider Moody #6 and then take swings on boom/bust guys with those picks. Guys like Ziaire Williams, Kai Jones, Keon Johnson, Usman Garuba, and Alperen Sengun would all make sense.