Brady and BA

ravishingone

I don t believe the discussion should be about talent.  For me, on both sides of the ball it is scheme, game plan, and play calling.

Pretty sure, they are now 1-4 against teams with winning records.  Is it a talent issue or coaching issue?  Sorry, not enough reps in the offseason isn t going to cut it for me.  

On defense, if Bowles wants to rush 3, it is useless to drop Suh or Gholston in coverage.  Why not change your personnel package and get an extra LB or 3rd safety on the field?

On offense, why is Evans in the slot?  In the red zone, okay it makes sense.  Anywhere else why?  He s not a WR that can make quick cuts.  If he s in the slot, pretty much guaranteed he s going past 10 yds.  And the excuse, well they can t play cloud coverage then.  Please, if the safety is over the top, even a novice like me knows there other parts of the field to exploit.  Other good teams figure it out.

I don’t mean to seem out of pocket but who the hell does bruce arians think he is?

He won ONE playoff game his entire coaching career that his team tried to Choke away but Fitz wouldn’t let him. He missed the playoffs the previous 3 seasons prior to this one. Last year with largely the same core they were floundering at 4-7 around this time.

27 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t mean to seem out of pocket but who the hell does bruce arians think he is?

He won ONE playoff game his entire coaching career that his team tried to Choke away but Fitz wouldn’t let him. He missed the playoffs the previous 3 seasons prior to this one. Last year with largely the same core they were floundering at 4-7 around this time.

Welp, the media gives BA a lot of latitude because he s a great press conference.  Lots of quotes, a straight shooter.  However, I am getting concerned because his own honesty doesn t reflect in any type of self evaluation.  End of first half, he goes to the locker room with 3 timeouts.  Chiefs were going to score 3 or 7 regardless. so use the timeouts to get another possession.  Just one example. 

BA has a losing record against Payton.  Have to be able to win your division to be a true contender.  Sure wildcards have won the SB. but it is rare.  Now with 2 different QBs, they have not been competitive against the Saints.

Edited by ravishingone

59 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He's not wrong at all. But Mike should've tracked that ball better and that should've been a completion.

It's a difficult throw and catch, for sure. Which is the point he's making. But Brady made the right read immediately and Mike got open.

I don't know that it's really an issue of "Brady needs the motion to make his reads" - it would make this offense ridiculously easier and more efficient, absolutely - as it is guys just not making the plays when they need to. Which, again, is because they're lower percentage plays.

46 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's not wrong at all. But Mike should've tracked that ball better and that should've been a completion.

It's a difficult throw and catch, for sure. Which is the point he's making. But Brady made the right read immediately and Mike got open.

I don't know that it's really an issue of "Brady needs the motion to make his reads" - it would make this offense ridiculously easier and more efficient, absolutely - as it is guys just not making the plays when they need to. Which, again, is because they're lower percentage plays.

What concerns me is the combo of a non mobile QB, when healthy good oline, not great, and top 3 most vertical passing offense in the league.  Lack of pre snap motion isn t a killer, but being so vertical any advantage they can give Brady why not just do it.  It s a fair criticism of rhe Arians offense it does not need to be so hard.  Arians views his hot receiver to attack the blitz and take a chunk play, which is pretty opposite of the Brady formula.  Get the ball out quick.  I do think Arians has bent on personnel to Brady, but he needa more flexibility with scheme.  The mind of Brady has kept the sack numbers down this season, not the scheme.  And the staff needs to do everything possible with scheme because he is an immobile 43 yr old QB.  Arians didn t protect Palmer, which concerns me.

My biggest issue is the lack of a pass catching RB.  It s not that hard to find.  I thought Dare was a JAG, but he would be the best of this bunch.  Teams have a Rojo, then a legit pass catching option.  Looking at Arians history, he kind of fell into David Johnson, and Andre Ellington was decent.  Not sure he values the skill set.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Another view point.  I will still question this scheme s ability to attack the 2 safety high look passing or running.  

Fournette and Murphy bunting are NOT good football players. It’s obvious that both are duds. Bunting is playing even worse than his rookie year. Had a shot to trade for Desmond King arguably the best NCB in the game and didnt knock. Oh well, he will continue to stick out like a sore thumb. Davis was not this bad year 2. SMB is Stewart level bad.

Looks like another DB bust onto Licht resume

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Fournette and Murphy bunting are NOT good football players. It’s obvious that both are duds. Bunting is playing even worse than his rookie year. Had a shot to trade for Desmond King arguably the best NCB in the game and didnt knock. Oh well, he will continue to stick out like a sore thumb. Davis was not this bad year 2. SMB is Stewart level bad.

Looks like another DB bust onto Licht resume

eh Fournette just isnt a good fit because hes one of those backs that needs a heavy workload to be effective

as for SMB ...i cant really argue much with ya, im not ready to throw out "MJ Stewart bad" yet but its not far off

On 12/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, CP3MVP said:

I mean, yes the Bucs go through a lot of coaching staffs. But, it's not an easy thing to find. Even Arians' resume which isn't amazing is still better than the majority of any other choices they had out there. It's just obviously not matching up with Brady's style. Sucks. They need to make some changes or we're on to 2021. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

eh Fournette just isnt a good fit because hes one of those backs that needs a heavy workload to be effective

as for SMB ...i cant really argue much with ya, im not ready to throw out "MJ Stewart bad" yet but its not far off

Nah bruh. Heavy workload is not fixing his awful vision. Guy runs like he is 5’9 206 pounds. He is awful and we need Vaughn to get reps asap

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If Vaughn was actually better, I imagine he'd be playing.

There does seem to be a bias within coaching staffs to annoit a vet a 3rd down back over a rookie.  Look at the absurdity on this team.  Fournette is the 3rd down back with plenty of drops.  McCoy is still dressing, not playing special teams, can t run and drops passes also.  Honestly, no offense to Shady, but once he leaves Tampa, his career is a wrap.  Vaughn rookie drops passes, in fairness he got crushed in Chicago for a fumble, only plays when on of the above 3 get hurt.  

tenor.gif

• Like 1