Week 13 GDT - Buffalo Bills at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

The offense is what it is, it won't get to full strength until week 16 when Jimmy G & Kittle come back. You need the defense (& special teams) to play well to have any chance. They played very well against the Saints & Rams, but the Seahawks, Packers & Bills had their way with them. 

At this point, is it even worth bringing them back???

We're not good enough offensively nor defensively to beat any playoff caliber team. So what's the point?? Just to say we made the playoffs?? If we did squeak in, we're playing the #2 seed so we're going to get trounced anyway. 

Roll with Mullens to close out the year, put GK on ice until next year and let the chips fall where they may. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

At this point, is it even worth bringing them back???

We're not good enough offensively nor defensively to beat any playoff caliber team. So what's the point?? Just to say we made the playoffs?? If we did squeak in, we're playing the #2 seed so we're going to get trounced anyway. 

Roll with Mullens to close out the year, put GK on ice until next year and let the chips fall where they may. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Yeah, i'm totally fine letting Kittle sit. Don't care about Jimmy, would prefer he plays to increase trade value, but I don't think it matters either way. 

If we're 7-7 and have a shot, i have no doubt in my mind that Shanny will play both. 

If we're 5-9 and eliminated, then probably not 

14 hours ago, John232 said:

Yeah, i'm totally fine letting Kittle sit. Don't care about Jimmy, would prefer he plays to increase trade value, but I don't think it matters either way. 

Im pretty sure that he has a no-trade clause in his contract. IMO, we should keep him and draft a guy to back him up. Get rid of Mullens and CJ all together.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Im pretty sure that he has a no-trade clause in his contract. IMO, we should keep him and draft a guy to back him up. Get rid of Mullens and CJ all together.

I think this is how it will end up. I hope we draft someone relatively high to develop and roll out with Jimmy G and give him one last chance to prove himself/increase his value. My dream scenario would be to get Wilson in the first and let him sit behind Jimmy G, much like Kansas City did with Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. I think we can still be a superbowl team with our defense healthy and Jimmy at the helm, but I think if we had an elite QB with this defense and the young weapons we've acquired in the last couple of years (YAC bros) we'd be unstoppable. 

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think this is how it will end up. I hope we draft someone relatively high to develop and roll out with Jimmy G and give him one last chance to prove himself/increase his value. My dream scenario would be to get Wilson in the first and let him sit behind Jimmy G, much like Kansas City did with Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. I think we can still be a superbowl team with our defense healthy and Jimmy at the helm, but I think if we had an elite QB with this defense and the young weapons we've acquired in the last couple of years (YAC bros) we'd be unstoppable. 

I'm not so sure Wilson will be there when we pick though. And being that we have a lot of holes to fill, I definitely don't want to trade up.

2 hours ago, mrscottso said:

He does, but he'll waive it if we are going to cut him because we are acquiring someone else. Not a situation I find likely, but the NTC isn't really an issue in my opinion unless he and his agent really believe they are going to get a bigger contract than the one they have. It would all come down to what they feel their open market value is.  

2 hours ago, mrscottso said:

I'm not so sure Wilson will be there when we pick though. And being that we have a lot of holes to fill, I definitely don't want to trade up.

I don't think it's likely he will be available either, but it'd be awesome if he was. I think it's probably more likely we take a QB in round 2 or 3 than in round one. 

31 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I just think there's a bad omen with drafting or starting a QB who was drafted in R2....

Yeah it doesn't work out most of the time. I'm not saying that's the route I'd take, but it is something I could see us doing. Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Jimmy G, and Drew Brees were all second rounders, so you can get some decent productivity out of them, but it's far less likely to hit on a second round QB. I think the value of the position pushes anyone with what looks like starting potential into the first round which is why you rarely see too much productivity outside of the first round guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I just think there's a bad omen with drafting or starting a QB who was drafted in R2....

QBs have been brutal outside of first round the last few years. It's Dak and that's it over the last 5. There was a time right before that when quite a few hit like dalton, kaep, carr, Jimmy

• Like 1