Eagles Weak 13: The Slow Death March to the Top 5

EaglesPeteC

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Guys. Do we really have tunnel vision here? 

Wym? Wentz is a shell of himself right now. Playing him isn’t helping anyone right now in what is a lost season. Starting Hurts at least gives you a chance to see what you have in him. If Wentz wants his job back he can fight for it in the offseason.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Saints are 3rd in completion percentage allowed, 5th in passing yards allowed, 6th in sacks and 3rd in INTs..... if we put Wentz out to start it could get pretty ugly. At least with Jalen you know he will escape more pressure and isn’t playing like a guy in his own head.

Even if you still think Wentz is the QBOTF I think him sitting the rest of the way benefits him the most.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wym? Wentz is a shell of himself right now. Playing him isn’t helping anyone right now in what is a lost season. Starting Hurts at least gives you a chance to see what you have in him. If Wentz wants his job back he can fight for it in the offseason.

This I agree with.

But I meant is all the comments about Hurts playing well makes me wonder what did we see. He played against a zone defense so soft that would make Schwartz blush and that were up three scores with no game plan for him at all, the moment they put a spy on him everything went to hell. I know that as eagles fans we are not used to seeing in game adjustments but come on. 

That touch throw on 4th down was very nice, although his arm strength didn’t look so good for the little sample we got today.

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

This I agree with.

But I meant is all the comments about Hurts playing well makes me wonder what did we see. He played against a zone defense so soft that would make Schwartz blush and that were up three scores with no game plan for him at all, the moment they put a spy on him everything went to hell. I know that as eagles fans we are not used to seeing in game adjustments but come on. 

That touch throw on 4th down was very nice, although his arm strength didn’t look so good for the little sample we got today.

His performance really did nothing to move the needle fo my view of him as QBOTF, he played exactly like I expected, with the main plus being that escapability to nullify some of our bad pass pro. I’m just happy we made the decision to play him, and by the sounds of it, an indefinite change.

I haven’t given up on Wentz’s Philly career like many, but I’ve definitely given up on his 2020, and play under Doug in general. Having a new QB, even if it was studfield, helps clear up just how much of the problem was/is Wentz.