2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge This is what I'm talking about. This news breaking thing is so damn toxic.

This guy seems to take another man's report (Javier's) and pretty much repeat it in his own words. 

"Looking positive" L-O-L. 

I just can't anymore.....

But he didn't have my Tevin Coleman signing or your Ryans promotion! 

Boom!!!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge This is what I'm talking about. This news breaking thing is so damn toxic.

This guy seems to take another man's report (Javier's) and pretty much repeat it in his own words. 

I complete get what you're saying, but is Sacco a little more tied into the team than some of these other guys? Similar to Grant?

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I complete get what you're saying, but is Sacco a little more tied into the team than some of these other guys? Similar to Grant?

Doubt it. Like Grant is at least around the team all year long. LIS, it would be foolish to think Cohn doesn't have any sources as that is damn near impossible at this point. SOMEONE has to be saying something to him. So when he says the 49ers have the inside track on Stafford? I don't doubt he heard that. Does he have two sources on this manner though? Probably not but don't think he said he had multiple sources either. 

Guys like Maiocco/Barrows can't report anything unless they have multiple sources and confirm a report to the tee. That's why you hardly ever see them miss on anything. They could be posting rumors just like anyone else but their outlet nor their reputation can take them missing on a consistent basis.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

But he didn't have my Tevin Coleman signing or your Ryans promotion! 

Boom!!!

Seriously, ANYONE now a days has sources.

My sources tell me Ahkello Witherspoon will not be re-signing with the 49ers. Check back in March to confirm! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My sources tell me Ahkello Witherspoon will not be re-signing with the 49ers. Check back in March to confirm! 

That's what mine are telling me too! I mean, my source is you, but I think that gives me a valid source. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

That's what mine are telling me too! I mean, my source is you, but I think that gives me a valid source. 

What you should have done is just reword my statement as your own:

"I am hearing it is highly unlikely Ahkello Witherspoon will be returning to the 49ers as there are some sour feelings towards the coaching staff. He will be ready to move on."

This way you take my report but add your words to it where people can't accuse you of stealing someone's report. Boom! Now you have become one of the official 49ers insiders! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Jimmy G to the Pats just makes too much sense. His value has definitely depreciated a bit though and i don't foresee there being a huge market for him. I hope we can get a 3rd back. 

Watch the Texans too. If they trade Watson, Caserio might come calling for Jimmy. A 3rd or a 4th would be my guess. I just did a crazy scenario in a mock where the Lions traded Stafford to the 49ers, the Rams traded Goff to the Colts (as a Stafford consolation), the Rams then traded a buttload of picks to the Texans for Watson (because the Jets decided to stick with a QB at #2), and then the Texans traded for Jimmy.

Is it likely? No. But this could be an insane off-season. If I were a betting man, I'd be betting on Stafford being a 49er. The ripple effect of that move could be quite interesting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Watch the Texans too. If they trade Watson, Caserio might come calling for Jimmy. A 3rd or a 4th would be my guess. I just did a crazy scenario in a mock where the Lions traded Stafford to the 49ers, the Rams traded Goff to the Colts (as a Stafford consolation), the Rams then traded a buttload of picks to the Texans for Watson (because the Jets decided to stick with a QB at #2), and then the Texans traded for Jimmy.

Is it likely? No. But this could be an insane off-season. If I were a betting man, I'd be betting on Stafford being a 49er. The ripple effect of that move could be quite interesting.

I am ALL for the NFL joining the NBA in these crazy three and four team trades. 

I am however NOT for Watson being traded to the Rams. We don't need that with their top defense. Sorry, not happening! 😁

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Doubt it. Like Grant is at least around the team all year long. LIS, it would be foolish to think Cohn doesn't have any sources as that is damn near impossible at this point. SOMEONE has to be saying something to him. So when he says the 49ers have the inside track on Stafford? I don't doubt he heard that. Does he have two sources on this manner though? Probably not but don't think he said he had multiple sources either. 

Guys like Maiocco/Barrows can't report anything unless they have multiple sources and confirm a report to the tee. That's why you hardly ever see them miss on anything. They could be posting rumors just like anyone else but their outlet nor their reputation can take them missing on a consistent basis.

Seriously, ANYONE now a days has sources.

I remember back in Nov/Dec 2013, Kawakami was reporting that Harbs/Baalke relationship was full of friction and tension. Almost everyone disregarded it because it didn't come from the Matts. Fast forward to Jan 2014 after the NFCCG, PFT reported that the Browns almost traded for Harbaugh. Only then did Maiocco/Barrows seem to acknowledge that there was friction, and write about the situation.

I agree with you, because of reputation/not trying to burn sources/keeping their standing with the team/whatever, they never come up with rumors or anything like that, compared to a Schefter, Glazer, or Rapport. Their analysis is usually top notch and they're good for breaking news. But they dont seem to peddle in rumours or theories, for better or worse.

As far as the Stafford talks, this reminds me of August when Kittle was negotiating his extension. These same type of guys (maybe the same exact guys) would go on about how Kittle was close to a deal, or that Kittle signed his deal but was waiting to announce, or that Kittle had actually signed his deal (when he hadn't, but was close to). I feel like its a mix of common sense and being vague. I mean, when someone says "trade discussions are positive and the Niners won't want to give up 12 for Stafford", i feel like any poster on here could say or think the same thing. 

I think Schefter, Glazer, & Rappaport are the best. PFT sometimes breaks things, but sometimes is just off the mark completely.

Edited by 49ersfan

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Whats your proposed trade for Watson? It'll be hard to do without a 1st this year 

Us Niner fans had a discussion earlier this year about whether to include Bosa in a package for Watson. Would you include Donald or Ramsey? Just curious.

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Whats your proposed trade for Watson? It'll be hard to do without a 1st this year 

Us Niner fans had a discussion earlier this year about whether to include Bosa in a package for Watson. Would you include Donald or Ramsey? Just curious.

I wouldn't. The trade I proposed was a 2021 1st (acquired from Indy for Goff) and 2nd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and a 2024 conditional pick that could become a 1st.

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I remember back in Nov/Dec 2013, Kawakami was reporting that Harbs/Baalke relationship was full of friction and tension. Almost everyone disregarded it because it didn't come from the Matts. Fast forward to Jan 2014 after the NFCCG, PFT reported that the Browns almost traded for Harbaugh. Only then did Maiocco/Barrows seem to acknowledge that there was friction, and write about the situation.

I agree with you, because of reputation/not trying to burn sources/keeping their standing with the team/whatever, they never come up with rumors or anything like that, compared to a Schefter, Glazer, or Rapport. Their analysis is usually top notch and they're good for breaking news. But they dont seem to peddle in rumours or theories, for better or worse.

As far as the Stafford talks, this reminds me of August when Kittle was negotiating his extension. These same type of guys (maybe the same exact guys) would go on about how Kittle was close to a deal, or that Kittle signed his deal but was waiting to announce, or that Kittle had actually signed his deal (when he hadn't, but was close to). I feel like its a mix of common sense and being vague. I mean, when someone says "trade discussions are positive and the Niners won't want to give up 12 for Stafford", i feel like any poster on here could say or think the same thing. 

I think Schefter, Glazer, & Rappaport are the best. PFT sometimes breaks things, but sometimes is just off the mark completely.

Kawakami is at least a major beat writer or was one at one point and now pretty much just writes about every Bay Area related.

I'm not saying no one else but the Matt's are plugged in to 49ers news, but those two are careful of what they report. They are damn near always accurate whenever they report something. 

If a national reporter like Schefter or Ian reported this, then I'd definitely give credence to the report. And I'm not even saying Cohn is making stuff here. He very well likely heard from someone that the Niners are in the best position to trade for Stafford. However, you have other guys just trying to leach on to any report and make it seem like they have sources themselves. They just repeat what is already out but just in their own words. 

If/when the trade doesn't happen, guys like Cohn will just say the Niners weren't willing to give up what Detroit wanted so they moved to another team. Like clockwork. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawakami is at least a major beat writer or was one at one point and now pretty much just writes about every Bay Area related.

I'm not saying no one else but the Matt's are plugged in to 49ers news, but those two are careful of what they report. They are damn near always accurate whenever they report something. 

If a national reporter like Schefter or Ian reported this, then I'd definitely give credence to the report. And I'm not even saying Cohn is making stuff here. He very well likely heard from someone that the Niners are in the best position to trade for Stafford. However, you have other guys just trying to leach on to any report and make it seem like they have sources themselves. They just repeat what is already out but just in their own words. 

If/when the trade doesn't happen, guys like Cohn will just say the Niners weren't willing to give up what Detroit wanted so they moved to another team. Like clockwork. 

Oh yeah i agree, Biderman/Branch/Inman too. I have no idea who these random's are, they just make vague common sense statements. I mean, no doubt we're in the Stafford sweepstakes, but if the most insider news i hear is that "talks are positive", then please, how much of an insider are these guys LOL

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/27/the-lions-dont-seem-to-be-getting-as-much-interest-in-matthew-stafford-as-expected/