- Iowa Hawkeyes Thread -

WizardHawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So let's get this thread moving some more.  To recap the season:

- Solid win against Wyoming and someone who, at one point, was talked about as one of the best college QBs in the league.

- Exciting nail biter against state.

- Uninspiring win against N Texas, 31-14 looks good but doesn't tell the whole story.

- Butler out for at least a month

Time to get annihilated by PSU

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Great news for the offense. Whos ready for week 1? @WizardHawk @CBears019 @Cheech @TakeTheBallDeep

Very excited for the season to start! Hoping Stanley can take another step forward and lead this team to the Big Ten Championship game. Also with the potential to have 2-3 First Round Draft Picks next year should make the season a fun one to watch. Iowa State is going to be a very tough test early 

Damn near 2 yrs between posts. Not enough Hawk fans on this site. 

Always excited for football. As @TakeTheBallDeep said, really need Stanley to step the next step. Hock/Fant aren’t easily replaceable, but beyond that I like the overall talent. I believe Iowa can make some noise in the trenches and hopefully that’s enough to get them in the B10 title hunt

I'm cautiously optimistic that our wide receiver core can do some damage this year.  I think we'll have to see more 3 wide sets.  Ferentz really needs to get the ball in the hands of Martin, ISM, Ragiani and Tracy early in order to open the offense up.  It seems like all if those guys offer explosive play ability.

• Like 1

What is everyone's prediction for their wins/losses? I have Iowa at 

Iowa vs Miami (OH): Win

Iowa vs Rutgers: Win

Iowa at ISU: Loss

Iowa vs MTS: Win

Iowa at Michigan: Loss

Iowa vs Penn State: Win

Iowa vs Purdue: Win

Iowa at Northwestern: Loss

Iowa at Wisconsin: Win

Iowa vs Minnesota: Win

Iowa vs Illinois: Win

Iowa at Nebraska: Win

Iowa 9-3 

5 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Very excited for the season to start! Hoping Stanley can take another step forward and lead this team to the Big Ten Championship game. Also with the potential to have 2-3 First Round Draft Picks next year should make the season a fun one to watch. Iowa State is going to be a very tough test early 

Just curious, who do you see as the 3rd potential 1st round pick? Gonna be a fun one to watch

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Always excited for football. As @TakeTheBallDeep said, really need Stanley to step the next step. Hock/Fant aren’t easily replaceable, but beyond that I like the overall talent. I believe Iowa can make some noise in the trenches and hopefully that’s enough to get them in the B10 title hunt

Stanley just needs to calm down. I hope he can get on the same page with Martin quick. I think were gonna see some fresh stuff from B. Ferentz with the WR depth we have right now. I love 1-3 and think they will work well together. 

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Iowa vs Miami (OH): Win

Iowa vs Rutgers: Win

Iowa at ISU: Win

Iowa vs MTS: Win

Iowa at Michigan: Loss

Iowa vs Penn State: Win

Iowa vs Purdue: Win

Iowa at Northwestern: Loss

Iowa at Wisconsin: Win

Iowa vs Minnesota: Win

Iowa vs Illinois: Win

Iowa at Nebraska: Loss

9-3, but I see a couple different outcomes. Think we will still show up in Ames like we normally do but I dont like our chances at Michigan. @NW never feels good. And I think this will be the year Nebraska gets the W. 

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

There's at least three of you here, looking forward to seeing you guys around this forum during the season.  Let's see how much we can go this thread and bring in more Iowa fans.