Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Linking wins abs losses solely on a QB is about as uneducated a take as anyone can have. It’s very low brow take on waft is truly a team game. 

As @NYRaiderclearly points out in his well though our posts look how the best QBs in the do when their D gives up 30 in a game. That statistic right there is fantastic proof that even the best have terrible records when their D can’t stop a nose bleed. 

8 and 8 with the heap of trash we call a D is a compliment as to how well our O played all year! 

Who said the Losses is all on Carr? They aren't. However, Carr has been apart of the losing culture here for 7 years. Based on his 7 seasons, why should he be brought back?

What's lazy is being content with being a losing franchise. 

15 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Losing what debate? We're a long time losing franchise with posters making excuses for a QB who has 6 non winning seasons out of 7.  Proof is in the results

the debate i was having with wether or not I should continue this convo I guess lol. 
your logic,
Waller part of the problem. move on
JJ part of the problem move on.
Ruggs, edwards, anyone on the online, part of the problem move on. 

I get it, youre tired of losing, just keep rotating players until we magically have an offseason where we hit on 10 all stars and have a unit roster. 
no point in building with what we have. 

Good luck, go Raiders!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Who said the Losses is all on Carr? They aren't. However, Carr has been apart of the losing culture here for 7 years. Based on his 7 seasons, why should he be brought back?

Can you answer my question about Watson and Goff? 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

the debate i was having with wether or not I should continue this convo I guess lol. 
your logic,
Waller part of the problem. move on
JJ part of the problem move on.
Ruggs, edwards, anyone on the online, part of the problem move on. 

I get it, youre tired of losing, just keep rotating players until we magically have an offseason where we hit on 10 all stars and have a unit roster. 
no point in building with what we have. 

Good luck, go Raiders!

I dont think you understand my logic or point. \

So I'll keep this simple..What teams the NFL has kept a starting QB around that has had more than 5 losing seasons? Lions and Raiders. 

The logic this board uses to not even question Carr's position is so far behind the NFL standards and reality

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let me guess, Jared Goff is better than Deshaun Watson because he has been in the super bowl and has been on a team with a winning record for most of his career. Is that correct?

anyone that watches football can see that Watson is better than Goff. However, Goff is a former #1 overall pick

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can you answer my question about Watson and Goff? 

What does this have to do with us keeping Carr at QB despite having 6 of 7 seasons with non winning records?

And yes no matter how had you argue that it is a team game...The NFL attaches records  to QBs, Coaches and GMs.  That is a FACT

Edited by bucksavage1

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

if you are not able to break down and analyze a player by what the player puts on tape, but go purely based off team Wins it is tough to have a real debate. 

Tough to have a debate with posters who are ok with mediocrity and scared to make a change 

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I dont think you understand my logic or point. \

So I'll keep this simple..What teams the NFL has kept a starting QB around that has had more than 5 losing seasons? Lions and Raiders. 

The logic this board uses to not even question Carr's position is so far behind the NFL standards and reality

Bruh they don’t understand it’s always and excuse first No oline, next year wrs, next year defense one day we will have a perfect team. One day they won’t have and excuse. 

mariota for as garbage as some make him seem on his first drive in 1yr plus scored a td. Same team. No excuses. Carr hasn’t done that in 5-6 games in a row. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh they don’t understand it’s always and excuse first No oline, next year wrs, next year defense one day we will have a perfect team. One day they won’t have and excuse. 

mariota for as garbage as some make him seem on his first drive in 1yr plus scored a td. Same team. No excuses. Carr hasn’t done that in 5-6 games in a row. 

I swear it is groundhog day with some posters. The yearly excuse why Carr isn't apart of the losing culture continues....

This year it is the Defense. Last year it was his weapons and Gruden system being difficult. The year before that it was his protection. The year before that it was his leg and Downing. 

39 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Warren Moon had a losing record for his career.

With your logic how is it possible he is in the HOF? 

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

anyone that watches football can see that Watson is better than Goff. However, Goff is a former #1 overall pick

Okay and? He should get a longer leash for something that has nothing to do with his play?

This is my point. What someone did in the past has nothing to do with their level of play. You’re pushing narratives that have nothing to do with on the field play. 

I couldn’t care less about someone’s record. Watson went 4-12 and is better than Carr.

Carr played very well this year in my opinion and helped us compete against Kansas City, where he played the best he ever has against them. 

He had a good cast and played well. If he didn’t play well I’d also want him gone. That has nothing to do with the teams record. 

We can agree to disagree but using a record argument is just absolutely ridiculous. It is the bottom tier of football analysis.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Okay and? He should get a longer leash for something that has nothing to do with his play?

This is my point. What someone did in the past has nothing to do with their level of play. You’re pushing narratives that have nothing to do with on the field play. 

I couldn’t care less about someone’s record. Watson went 4-12 and is better than Carr.

Carr played very well this year in my opinion and helped us compete against Kansas City, where he played the best he ever has against them. 

He had a good cast and played well. If he didn’t play well I’d also want him gone. That has nothing to do with the teams record. 

We can agree to disagree but using a record argument is just absolutely ridiculous. It is the bottom tier of football analysis.

Bottom tier analysis? Yet the NFL itself, attaches records to only QBs, Coaches and GMs

45 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Tough to have a debate with posters who are ok with mediocrity and scared to make a change 

haha id agree, but unfortunately i didnt say either of those things. Keep moving those goal posts lol. 
we had a top 10 O, not the best, but better than 2/3rds of the league. 
We had a bottom 5 D. 

We cannot address every issue in one offseason. You want to address the QB this Offseason, if we get Watson (im down) but we would use a lot of capital. 
Our O with Watson know doubt would be better. (although may take half the season for Watson to be comfortable in it, but for future it would be)
Our D, would still be bottom 5 (no top draft picks, and watsons contract more expensive? than carrs. 

So we would have another bad season. 
then posters like yourself would come in here and say, we suck, it starts and is tied to the QB, lets trade for insert some other qb.

but the problem is, as long as we are giving up 30 points. . . we are going to be losing a lot of games. 

• Like 1