Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

23 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

During the last 20 years, I agree the AFC west has been better and has had more elite teams. But I was referring to since Dak was drafted in 2016. Somebody said it wasn't impressive that he has won 2 divisional titles since the The NFC East has been trash. 

But they've actually had more teams make and win in the playoffs during the last 5 seasons than the AFC West.

Both have had 7 since 2016 no?
2016 - Raiders KC    /   Cowboys Giant   - 0 wins
2017 - KC    /      Eagles  -   NFCE 3 W - AFC W - 0 (EAgles Superbowl)
2018 - KC Chargers / Cowboys Eagles - both 2 wins
2019 - KC / Eagles - NFCE 0 W - AFC W 3 wins (KC Superbowl)
2020 KC / Wash  - KC AFC 2 wins / NFC E 0 wins

I count more wins for AFC West too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. They get Washington at home, Giants and Eagles on road (weather could be a factor). 

I'm not as bullish as some on the offense taking improving year over year. 

Carr only tossed 27 TDs last year with 5 coming in garbage time. Largely considered his best season of his career. Ruggs is going to need to take a huge step forward year 2 and the Oline needs to find some stability.

I look for the offense to rank 10-15 and the defense to rank 25-27. 

I don't mind the same production from DC.  I just want our run game to improve in YPC and for DC to limit his fumbles.  Those two things happen with an improved defense and we maybe pull out a 10 win season.

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seattle's roster has become worse and worse since their SB run. Dak is good, but marginally better than Carr at this point in his career. If anything, Dak and Carr are proof that you can beat an elite qb with a good one if you just have a team.

Dak also walked into a stellar situation (at the time) with a fantastic O-line, not quite as Old Man Witten, Zeke, Beasley, Bryant, and Terrance "Where did he fall off to?" Williams.

I never bought into the Dak hype until this last season when he legit looked really good. Before that, my issue was that he merely slotted into the offense that Romo was supposed to drive to the Superbowl. Good situations can make a world of difference for a young QB. Even Matt Moore showed that with that crazy stretch back in Carolina when he beat a bunch of playoff teams after replacing Delhomme, except Carolina fell absolutely flat in a million ways after that, but you get the point: as you said, a good QB can do marvelous things with a good team. 

34 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Before 2020 I would agree with the comparison between Carr and Dak.  The way Dak started this year he was looking like a different QB.  If he does not get injured he probably pulls away from Carr.  Looked like the lightbulb went off and he was feeling very comfortable.

Cooper, Lamb, other WR who's really good I forgot the name of.  Plus a pretty good OL and better RB.  I think Dak has the better offense other than the TE position.  I mean last year it wasn't there after he was injured, but there offense has a lot of really good pieces.  Especially the WR position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Both have had 7 since 2016 no?
2016 - Raiders KC    /   Cowboys Giant   - 0 wins
2017 - KC    /      Eagles  -   NFCE 3 W - AFC W - 0 (EAgles Superbowl)
2018 - KC Chargers / Cowboys Eagles - both 2 wins
2019 - KC / Eagles - NFCE 0 W - AFC W 3 wins (KC Superbowl)
2020 KC / Wash  - KC AFC 2 wins / NFC E 0 wins

I count more wins for AFC West too?

You're correct lol I'm doing quick math off memory. Still all four teams have made the playoffs.

My main point remains, however. Dak has accomplished more then Carr. To simply dismiss and invalidate his accomplishments by saying the NFC east is trash is wrong imo.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

You're correct lol I'm doing quick math off memory. Still all four teams have made the playoffs.

My main point remains, however. Dak has accomplished more then Carr. To simply dismiss and invalidate his accomplishments by saying the NFC east is trash is wrong imo.

haha ok my bad, my last post was unnecessary as well sorry. 

IMO all 4 teams winning the division shows that it is easier to win though, as there isnt a clear power team. 
Winning NFC E is easier then the AFC W based only off Wins. 
NFC E - 2016 13 W
            - 2017 13 W
            - 2018 10 W
            - 2019 9 W
            - 2020 7 Wins 

average wins to win = 10.4

AFC W - 2016 12 W  (two teams)
             - 2017 10 W
             - 2018 12 W (two teams)
             - 2019  12 W
              - 2020 14 W

average wins to win = 12

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Cooper, Lamb, other WR who's really good I forgot the name of.  Plus a pretty good OL and better RB.  I think Dak has the better offense other than the TE position.  I mean last year it wasn't there after he was injured, but there offense has a lot of really good pieces.  Especially the WR position.

I agree that he has better WRs but he also chooses to use those better WRs.  Their best is Cooper who Carr pretty much ignored his last year here but there are a lot of other variables with that also.  There are a lot of moving parts to both QBs but what Dak showed was he will take that next step.   He almost had half the the passing yards as Carr in 2020 through 4.5 games.  Not saying he would have kept passing for 400 yards a game.  Talent wise you could argue Carr is better and I would say you are right but it does not matter how good you can be if you do not take your shot.  I believe Carr will limit himself because he is risk averse and that includes playing within Gruden's offense soo nobody can point the finger at him and say he was the problem.  I believe it was @big_palooka that summed it up perfectly by saying Carr is not the problem but is not the solution either.  The most frustrating part for me is that I know he has the ability to be the solution.

and its happening, total division wins
NFC E 2016 - 39W                  AFC W 2016 - 38W
NFC E 2017 - 32W                               2017 - 30W
            2018 - 31W                               2018 - 34W
            2019  - 24W                             2019 - 31W
            2020 - 23W                              2020 - 34W

Average wins NFC E (29.8)        AFC W (33.4)

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

EuXOtYYXYAkmDl-?format=png&name=900x900

The attempts are crazy to look at. Def wish Carr took more shots, but he def likes his reciever to have a step. 
Brady leading the league with 88 attempts is something I never would have guessed. I wonder if his sweet spot was like 21-30? That is impressive though. Im actualy shocked seeing that. 
Carr right around same attempts as Watson, Mayfield, Cousins, Stafford, Rivers is shocking as (myself included) thought he is conservative. 

Funny how so many here love Tannehill lately, only attempted 32.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

The attempts are crazy to look at. Def wish Carr took more shots, but he def likes his reciever to have a step. 
Brady leading the league with 88 attempts is something I never would have guessed. I wonder if his sweet spot was like 21-30? That is impressive though. Im actualy shocked seeing that. 
Carr right around same attempts as Watson, Mayfield, Cousins, Stafford, Rivers is shocking as (myself included) thought he is conservative. 

Funny how so many here love Tannehill lately, only attempted 32.

Efficiency is key and what the offense is about. It's fine to take the shots when the success rate is higher. For example, Wilson has 1/4 more attempts but the results (yds, Tds, ints) aren't significantly better. With the hope that Ruggs can develop into a better version of Agholor, the efficiency in this area of the field could improve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Efficiency is key and what the offense is about. It's fine to take the shots when the success rate is higher. For example, Wilson has 1/4 more attempts but the results (yds, Tds, ints) aren't significantly better. With the hope that Ruggs can develop into a better version of Agholor, the efficiency in this area of the field could improve.

yup thats another shock to me. Everyone talks about Russ being the best deep ball thrower in the league, but barely better then Carrs numbers. 
also, how does he have more air yards than total yards?