Week 14 GDT - Red Headed Revenge? Or A Bengal Tankjob

D82

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We really spent the 4th pick in the draft and ~$75M fully guaranteed over two contracts on a player that, at best, makes no difference at all

To add this, I think a strong case can be made that the last 5 major contracts Dallas has had a part in, they’ve screwed up..

Dak
Zeke
Jaylon
Coop
Jones

Coop is probably a bit of a stretch, given CeeDee was an unknown, but I recall many here not being sold on re-signing.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

We'd have been better off taking Derrick Henry if we were going to go RB...or better yet, use that pick on say DeForest Buckner or Kenny Clark....or traded down...

Yup. Everyone knew Dallas needed help on the defense yet they draft a RB. Ramsey, Buckner or Clark would've been tremendous on this defense. Henry would've been a no brainer.

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

To add this, I think a strong case can be made that the last 5 major contracts Dallas has had a part in, they’ve screwed up..

Dak
Zeke
Jaylon
Coop
Jones

Coop is probably a bit of a stretch, given CeeDee was an unknown, but I recall many here not being sold on re-signing.

I think the Cooper deal is fine, a little pricy but the Year 3 out is nice. Pretty absurd he actually hit UFA though

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

They absolutely should've traded down. Had an offer from Baltimore to move down to 6 so they could get Ramsey. Then you still get Zeke or Buckner.

But no, we just had to anoint a drunk as the second coming of Emmitt

Jerry was scared that Baltimore was lying and would take Zeke. Remember when he was so pissed at SJ because he stopped him from drafting Manziel?

Just a spineless, power hungry, coward of a GM who's terrified to give up his role.

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Whyyyyyyy is every. Single. Run play, a dive in the A gap?

no stretch, no toss, no misdirection, no motion, no off tackle, everything os an A gap dive

Few reasons:

• Most importantly, the inside of our line is better than the outside of our line
  • Our TEs dont do a great job at helping our bad OTs
  • Zeke cant get to the outside with any speed anyways
  • Pollard can get their speed, but no power for the sure LB that will be waiting.

10 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Remember when he was so pissed at SJ because he stopped him from drafting Manziel?

Thats been disproved by everyone in the organization about 50 times, including right as soon as the report came out. 

Jerry wanted Johnny. McClay, Garrett and SJ wanted Martin. So Jerry did the completely sensible thing and allowed himself to get overided. 

I actually think that shows Jerrys growth as a GM.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Feel like he was.

Man...just imagine if we'd taken Darius Leonard in that draft instead of LVE...

I have no problem with the LVE pick because he was medically cleared. Also our DL sucks compared to theirs.