The Littlefinger of the NFL...

ET80

littlefinger betrays GIF by Game of Thrones

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

Jack Easterby... Texans Character Coach and interim GM.

This read is pretty chilling as a fan. From tampering to illegal workouts to an atmosphere that is pretty much Orwellian in nature, Jack Easterby seems to be in the center of it all. Even ahead of Bill O'Brien.

I'm sincerely worried about my team, simply because it doesn't matter who the new HC/GM is... as long as Jack is here, nothing is safe.

Curious to get others' takes on this.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

The guy is an effing snake and I wouldn't want him anywhere in the orbit of my franchise

Even before this article, the general consensus was that Easterby is a megachurch pastor - he's raising his hands and singing like David sang and the spirit is in him and working through him... But he's sneaking out back to check those collection plates and taking his $150,000 Bentley back to his estate where his private Lear jet will take him anywhere he needs to go.

He's not even a snake, he's an anglerfish - has that glowing appendage that draws people in, so he can devour them in one swift bite.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This has to scare off potential GM/HC candidates, no?

I like to think not, but... I really can't say such a culture is something someone wants to dive headfirst into.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How does the owner not see this and fire him.

When you're wearing blinders, hard to see anything...

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It did get better for the Astros though. Nobody was severely punished, your team made the playoffs and went deep into the post season. I hate that franchise more than even the Yankees because of that whole ordeal.

*Shrug*

We can agree that last run was legit... I hope.

And I would say that losing Lunhow and Hinch is pretty drastic - more drastic than Alex Cora and the Red Sox's punishment.

Just now, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

We can agree that last run was legit... I hope.

Hard to say otherwise. They were most likely under a microscope with every little move, and they played well.

Every time they won a game, a part of me died inside, but you can't deny they were good. WHICH MAKES THE FACT THEY NEEDED TO CHEAT TO WIN EVEN MORE ANGER-INDUCING!