The Littlefinger of the NFL...

ET80

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

littlefinger betrays GIF by Game of Thrones

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

Jack Easterby... Texans Character Coach and interim GM.

This read is pretty chilling as a fan. From tampering to illegal workouts to an atmosphere that is pretty much Orwellian in nature, Jack Easterby seems to be in the center of it all. Even ahead of Bill O'Brien.

I'm sincerely worried about my team, simply because it doesn't matter who the new HC/GM is... as long as Jack is here, nothing is safe.

Curious to get others' takes on this.

Fantastic piece. As I was reading all I could think of was how closely his situation and behavior mirrored Pioli’s during his time as the Chiefs GM. Low and behold, it turns out he was part of Scott’s disastrous tenure in KC. Us Chiefs fans were saved by the fans demanding better and having a good owner who heard us.

Hopefully you guys rid yourselves of this dude. He sounds like the type that will almost certainly sabotage your coach and GM search.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Hopefully you guys rid yourselves of this dude. He sounds like the type that will almost certainly sabotage your coach and GM search.

Agreed - because with people like Easterby, it's all about them. Nevermind how disruptive it can be to the team, it's all about him.

Those are dangerous people to any organization, not just a football franchise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

speaking of Easterby - I've been told that JJ Watt loathes charlatans...
I'm sure he'd be much happier in Green Bay, WI where our faith is limited to worshiping beer & cheese

Give me a 1st and we'll find out...

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Agreed - because with people like Easterby, it's all about them. Nevermind how disruptive it can be to the team, it's all about him.

Those are dangerous people to any organization, not just a football franchise.

Well now that sounds political...so I laughed in agreement. 

That was a creepy read about a guy that seems slimy. 

Office Space interview guys to Easterby: "What would you say...you do here?" 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

speaking of Easterby - I've been told that JJ Watt loathes charlatans...
I'm sure he'd be much happier in Green Bay, WI where our faith is limited to worshiping beer & cheese

I'm 90% sure that JJ Watt was the player that Easterby approached to back the firing of O'Brien, no other player (than Watson) holds that kind of weight in the Texans locker room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Fantastic piece. As I was reading all I could think of was how closely his situation and behavior mirrored Pioli’s during his time as the Chiefs GM. Low and behold, it turns out he was part of Scott’s disastrous tenure in KC. Us Chiefs fans were saved by the fans demanding better and having a good owner who heard us.

My belief is that our owner truly has the best interests for the city + the franchise but he's like his father - very vulnerable, doesn't really understand what hes doing at the end of the day and would prefer to just watch things run smoothly.

We're the same franchise that drafted David Carr #1 cause he was a good family man that was married and believed in God. We're not firing a pastor lol

56 minutes ago, Drained said:

My belief is that our owner truly has the best interests for the city + the franchise but he's like his father - very vulnerable, doesn't really understand what hes doing at the end of the day and would prefer to just watch things run smoothly.

We're the same franchise that drafted David Carr #1 cause he was a good family man that was married and believed in God. We're not firing a pastor lol

Lol, don’t give up hope, he may surprise you. There where a lot of people in this town who similarly doubted Clark Hunt would fire Pioli during the darkest part of his regime. 

The hardest and most important step has been taken, and that is having a light shone on Easterby’s machinations. That happened to Pioli as well and I think that was really the beginning of his downfall.

• Like 2