Week 6 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-3) vs Indianapolis Colts (2-3)

titansNvolsR#1

Who Gone Win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gone Win?

• Titans by 2 TDs
    • Colts by 2 TDs
    • Titans by 1 score
    • Colts by 1 score

9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lol... I dont know how any sane person can seriously post on these game day threads... Reading through it sounds like its a repeat of the Texans game... But the defense ended up giving up 16 points once its said and done... 16... Some posters need to get a grip and understand a game isn't 1 play, 1 drive, or 1 quarter. Its 60 minutes. The Titans looked dominant in the 2nd half (outside that one return against and Mariota's pick6).

I don't give a ****. The defense looked like absolute garbage in the 1st half. You can quote me a 1000x time over and over and over again. There was absolutely no reason for an NFL level defense to play that bad(or for the coaches to scheme that bad). They're playing arguably the least talented team in the league. They're on MNF and show no emotion on defense at all. So keep quoting, I don't give a ****.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

against any solid-to-good team we would've been in a 2 or 3 touchdown hole by the end of the first half. the defense is still a massive liability and one half of good play against a backup quarterback leading a pretty bad colts team does nothing to change that.

Exactly. 

I will say my favorite 2 plays last night where the 2 that embarrassed Gruden. 4th and 1 he’s beating his chest Mariota won’t be the one trying to get the first down and then he takes a QB sneak to pick it up. The other play was Taywan Taylor’s TD all night just calling him a gadget player and then the Titans finally send him deep and Mariota threw a perfect ball 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lol... I dont know how any sane person can seriously post on these game day threads... Reading through it sounds like its a repeat of the Texans game... But the defense ended up giving up 16 points once its said and done... 16... Some posters need to get a grip and understand a game isn't 1 play, 1 drive, or 1 quarter. Its 60 minutes. The Titans looked dominant in the 2nd half (outside that one return against and Mariota's pick6).

But...the defense was terrible and the game plan was entirely flawed in the first half?

This was the second time in three weeks that we faced a young quarterback behind a bad offensive line and came in with the idea that rather than sending pressure, we should drop into coverage and play to our weaknesses.

I give LeBeau credit for totally altering his plan at the half, but he got bailed out by Moncrief's dropped touchdown and the fact that our offense controlled the clock to the point that Indy only had three first half drives.

Defense stepped up huge in the second half, just have no idea why we started the game sending four, giving 8-yard cushions and letting Brissett just sit back and wait for an underneath guy to come open.

The defense in the first half was very disappointing. It left me feeling hopeless. We couldn't seem to stop them from doing anything.  It was hard to take anything away from that first half defensively that would lead me to think we'd rebound in the 2nd. It was just very hard to watch.

@titans0021 Woodyard said Lebeau didn't make any adjustments in the 2nd half.  Go figure.  They looked night and day to me. 

Offensively I felt we still had a chance, but defensively lead me to have no hope going into the 2nd half.  We just looked slow and confused. 

2nd half they were flying to the ball and more reactive.  Not sure what changed mentally.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The defense in the first half was very disappointing. It left me feeling hopeless. We couldn't seem to stop them from doing anything.  It was hard to take anything away from that first half defensively that would lead me to think we'd rebound in the 2nd. It was just very hard to watch.

@titans0021 Woodyard said Lebeau didn't make any adjustments in the 2nd half.  Go figure.  They looked night and day to me. 

Offensively I felt we still had a chance, but defensively lead me to have no hope going into the 2nd half.  We just looked slow and confused. 

2nd half they were flying to the ball and more reactive.  Not sure what changed mentally.

Many players(meaning across the NFL) have said theres no real such thing as halftime adjustments. Gameplans stay the same.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Many players(meaning across the NFL) have said theres no real such thing as halftime adjustments. Gameplans stay the same.

i believe it. i mean, they literally spend the entire week setting up a gameplan. how extensively can they possibly change it during halftime of a game? more often than not it's probably little tweaks, if anything.

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't care how many points we gave up to a crappy offense in Indy...LeBeau has been bad. The first quarter especially was embarrassing, they got a first down on almost every single play...

3rd down? Better bring the house and leave Brice McCain on an island with an elite receiver! 

I just don't buy the idea that there weren't significant changes made in the second half. At the very least, they opened up the original plan more.

It could be seen on the field. Gruden certainly noticed it. We were running more stunts, sending more heat up the middle to put pressure on their guards and the corners were playing closer to the LOS. 

Woodyards comment strikes me similar to Robiskie calling the offense "OK" last week.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

lol pff gave demarco murray our highest grade and game ball

yes, that's 12 carries for 40 yards demarco murray

Yup. Collinsworth tells me they have a dozen football minds watching each game. Impressive that none of them can recognize that his failure to come up and cut caused a pick six.

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just don't buy the idea that there weren't significant changes made in the second half. At the very least, they opened up the original plan more.

It could be seen on the field. Gruden certainly noticed it. We were running more stunts, sending more heat up the middle to put pressure on their guards and the corners were playing closer to the LOS. 

Woodyards comment strikes me similar to Robiskie calling the offense "OK" last week.

My strong hunch (because spoiler alert, I'm not an NFL player) is that running more stunts and blitzes is probably viewed as play call changes rather than a "game plan change".  If your game plan is to man up against certain formations, play zone against others, etc, it's entirely possible they stuck to the game plan but wisely decided to put more heat on Brissett after halftime.  Whatever it was, thank goodness it worked.  I wasn't looking forward to another crushing loss to the Colts on a Monday night in front of the home crowd.

Just now, titanrick said:

My strong hunch (because spoiler alert, I'm not an NFL player) is that running more stunts and blitzes is probably viewed as play call changes rather than a "game plan change".  If your game plan is to man up against certain formations, play zone against others, etc, it's entirely possible they stuck to the game plan but wisely decided to put more heat on Brissett after halftime.  Whatever it was, thank goodness it worked.  I wasn't looking forward to another crushing loss to the Colts on a Monday night in front of the home crowd.

I think that's fair. They may not be viewed as wholesale gameplan changes, but there were definite and clear playcalling changes that affected defensive effectiveness. 

I mean, I doubt LeBeau is out there calling things that weren't practiced this week, but he definitely called a different game.

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

lol pff gave demarco murray our highest grade and game ball

yes, that's 12 carries for 40 yards demarco murray

He also had 4 catches for 47 yards.  16 touches 87 yards. Not too bad. He moved the chains on some of those catches and runs.  Now his obvious fail was that non attempt block that led to an INT.

Archived