Jump to content

NFC #1 Overall Seed Watch


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Dumpster fires tend to be hot in the winter. They're still easily the worst division in football regardless of a few random wins. 

Winning the division makes for cool t-shirts and hats, but strategically the getting out of the first round is easier for us as a WC. All I care about is winning the ring. Plus if we intentionally lose the last game by sitting starters, people will know who the real winner of the division was any way. 

Redskins/Giants/Philly or TB? I don't think that's even a question on a neutral field. 

If we beat the Jets and the Seahawks, we are guaranteed to win the division. It doesn't matter what happens in Arizona. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Seahawks part deaux is going to be tough. But good to know. 

All I'm saying is that I'd rather this team win out and take our chances. Hopefully, GB or NO falters, allowing us the #2 seed at minimum. If we can face the Cardinals, I feel very good about our chances in Round 1. Bucs are tougher. But rolling in with a 7-1 record over the final 8 games sure would make me feel confident in this team. Plus, losing to the Seahawks would make me extremely angry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I strongly feel the Rams will win out and I think the Packers and Saints will lose once. Then it will be 3 way tie at (12-4) but the Rams should get the 1 seed due to strength of schedule. 

SOS is like the 5th tiebreaker. If the GB/NO losses are in conference then we would get the 1 Seed on Conf Record. If not, then we likely lose out to Record Vs Common Opponents. 

we likely don’t even get to Strength of Victory, which comes before Strength of Schedule

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

SOS is like the 5th tiebreaker. If the GB/NO losses are in conference then we would get the 1 Seed on Conf Record. If not, then we likely lose out to Record Vs Common Opponents. 

we likely don’t even get to Strength of Victory, which comes before Strength of Schedule

Yeah this Saints/Chiefs game is effectively meaningless for us vs them seeding. They'd still need to lose again.

Now the Panthers... I'm the biggest Panthers fan of all time for the remainder of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Yeah this Saints/Chiefs game is effectively meaningless for us vs them seeding. They'd still need to lose again.

Now the Panthers... I'm the biggest Panthers fan of all time for the remainder of the season.

Yep, because I think they have us in Common Games as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 3:23 PM, Flounch said:

Packers has one the easiest schedule this season.

I can't see them lose the 3 remaining games.

It's sad they will took the Bye and have a better chance to go to the SB because this team is a fraud. 

 

The Rams are a Fraud? Or the Packers? I can’t see either being true. Green Bay is driven by the offense and they ARE a good offense. Their defense is pretty bad but can make some plays.. they’re a dangerous team. 
The Rams I won’t even get into lol if you’re saying the rams are a fraud then I don’t get why you even watch the games. Just pick a new team if that’s the case lol no where near a fraud. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 7:52 PM, MDY10 said:

The Rams are a Fraud? Or the Packers? I can’t see either being true. Green Bay is driven by the offense and they ARE a good offense. Their defense is pretty bad but can make some plays.. they’re a dangerous team. 
The Rams I won’t even get into lol if you’re saying the rams are a fraud then I don’t get why you even watch the games. Just pick a new team if that’s the case lol no where near a fraud. 
 

 

I said this about the Packers not the Rams. They didn't really face a tough opponent this year and i don't think they are that great. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I said this about the Packers not the Rams. They didn't really face a tough opponent this year and i don't think they are that great. 

 

The only tough team the Packers beat was the Saints. That seem like ages ago too. The Packers aren’t a physical team and they still have the same issue as last season and that’s they can’t stop the run. So if the run up against a team that can run the ball like the Rams or Seattle with a healthy Carson, Penny, or Hyde. Even the Cards who have Drake, Edmonds and Murray who can run. The Bucs ran all over the Packers too and dominated them. So yeah the Packers have ARod but he wasn’t enough last season, will he be enough this season? We shall see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The only tough team the Packers beat was the Saints. That seem like ages ago too. The Packers aren’t a physical team and they still have the same issue as last season and that’s they can’t stop the run. So if the run up against a team that can run the ball like the Rams or Seattle with a healthy Carson, Penny, or Hyde. Even the Cards who have Drake, Edmonds and Murray who can run. The Bucs ran all over the Packers too and dominated them. So yeah the Packers have ARod but he wasn’t enough last season, will he be enough this season? We shall see. 

The 2 things that i'm worry about them woul be their "home advantage" even if it's not a really advantage this year but it will get cold. 

And the fact that they will get a rest and not the 7 other teams. 

But, i think if you can stop Jones and cover Adams, it's over for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone is pissed right now, but its still alive as a possibility, obviously a slimmer chance but its there

The Packers would have to lose out, which you may say is unlikely, but did you see them on Saturday? Not impressive at all. While the two teams they are playing need wins. The Titans dont need it as much, but they are still fighting off the Colts for the division title, and if they get the win against the Packers, they can rest guys Week 17 to before the playoffs. And assuming the Bears take care of business against the Jags this coming week, they are still fighting for the final Wild Card in week 17 against the Packers.

And then all we would need is the Saints to lose one of their final 2, and with Michael Thomas out, they are a different offense. Not to mention that the Vikings still have the slimmest of Playoff hopes, so they too will be going all out against the Saints.

As I said, Slim chance, but still a chance right now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...