TNF GDT: Chargers (4-9) @ Raiders (7-6) - Rod Marinelli PLEASE help us!

RaidersAreOne

1. Who takes home the W?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • LA's third favorite NFL team (Raiders #1 obviously followed by the Rams)
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

Well onto FA and draft talk.  I say bench Carr to prevent injury and tank from here out and maybe we can pick 10-14 (#17 currently) and land a pass rusher like Gregory Rousseau if it’s #10/11 and he falls OR trade down for a team wanting a QB and stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks in a draft that should have good talent in rounds 2-4 and some real values potentially due to the whole covid thing with college football.

plus maybe Mariota can play well enough to have trade value..... but I’m absolutely kidding myself there.  There’s too many 1st round QBs and more starting QBs then teams.  Maybe The supply vs demand of QBs will Allow for Mariota to take a massive pay cut and come back.... cuz at his current ‘21 salary there’s no way even with his surprisingly good play at POINTS tonight.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd start Mariota next week. Season is over, Carr may be hurt, why rush Derek back? Don't risk him getting hurt further and see what we have in Mariota after a week of 1st team reps.

Absolutely MM should start.

If he continues to look good, maybe a team will come calling for him in the off-season and we get a pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well onto FA and draft talk.  I say bench Carr to prevent injury and tank from here out and maybe we can pick 10-14 (#17 currently) and land a pass rusher like Gregory Rousseau if it’s #10/11 and he falls OR trade down for a team wanting a QB and stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks in a draft that should have good talent in rounds 2-4 and some real values potentially due to the whole covid thing with college football.

You think Greg can fill out his frame?

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If he continues to look good, maybe a team will come calling for him in the off-season and we get a pick.

I found Gruden was super confident (UNTIL THE FREAKING 5 YARD LINE) with Mariota this game. Going for it 3-4 times on 4th down and put the game in his hands a lot of the time. I wonder if he truly does prefer mobile QBs like MM and we would ever consider keeping him over Carr? The last couple games are a big tryout for MM potentially. 

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I've been reading mock draft for weeks and I wouldn't mind sitting Carr for the rest of the season to get a better pick.  We need a 3T and you're pretty astute on college FB.  Whoo is the best 3T in the draft.  I've read good things about Wilson from FSU but have never seen him play a down.  Is he any good?  A 1st rounder?

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd start Mariota next week. Season is over, Carr may be hurt, why rush Derek back? Don't risk him getting hurt further and see what we have in Mariota after a week of 1st team reps.

100%. I’d start Mariota next week regardless of Carr’s health. And if he performs well, Week 17 as well. But only if he performs well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I just posted about this..... it sounds good in theory.... but no ones gonna take him on at his salary.  Plus.... too many 1st round QBs and a surplus of starting QBs to teams..... it’s a wierd time as there’s probably going to be 3-5 starting quality QBs who will be backups.

who will trade anything more than a 6/7th for a backup QB making 10.1M?

maybe a team that drafts a rookie and just wants a transition QB?  I just don’t see that happening 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I've been reading mock draft for weeks and I wouldn't mind sitting Carr for the rest of the season to get a better pick.  We need a 3T and you're pretty astute on college FB.  Whoo is the best 3T in the draft.  I've read good things about Wilson from FSU but have never seen him play a down.  Is he any good?  A 1st rounder?

I don’t think there’s any DTs worth a 1st round pick.... maybe a late first (25-32)  but a ton starting in round 2 and going thru round 3.

wilsons good.... but I’ve got to watch a lot of tape on him..::. I’ve very skeptical of QB prospects in round 1.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think there’s any DTs worth a 1st round pick.... maybe a late first (25-32)  but a ton starting in round 2 and going thru round 3.

wilsons good.... but I’ve got to watch a lot of tape on him..::. I’ve very skeptical of QB prospects in round 1.

I think Lawerence is the best prospect to come out since Luck but other than that I don't know much about the QB's.  I don't watch much college FB. 

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We desperately need a 3T who can generate pressure from up the middle. I feel if we can land a stud there that would do wonders for our D and by wonders I mean take them out of the depths of the bottom 3. 

37 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We desperately need a 3T who can generate pressure from up the middle. I feel if we can land a stud there that would do wonders for our D and by wonders I mean take them out of the depths of the bottom 3. 

3T is clearly our biggest need, but this is the worst draft for 3T’s in the 1st Round I’ve seen in a while... and I’m really really tired of reaching.