TNF GDT: Chargers (4-9) @ Raiders (7-6) - Rod Marinelli PLEASE help us!

RaidersAreOne

1. Who takes home the W?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • LA's third favorite NFL team (Raiders #1 obviously followed by the Rams)
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao. I’d trade our 2nd for QW, other than that, I don’t trust any picks for players trades. 

That's because, for a bunch of "armchair GM" fans, most of us know enough about football to genuinely run this team better than it's being run. 

We both know we won't get what we want. 

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I found Gruden was super confident (UNTIL THE FREAKING 5 YARD LINE) with Mariota this game. Going for it 3-4 times on 4th down and put the game in his hands a lot of the time. I wonder if he truly does prefer mobile QBs like MM and we would ever consider keeping him over Carr? The last couple games are a big tryout for MM potentially. 

He 100% does, which is why he was enamored with Kyler Murray. And also why he's made such an emphasis on Carr improving his play of script. 

And you have to admit.... Last night, Mariota showed a lot of what Carr cannot do. He carried the team with playing point guard last night. I question if that game is as close with Carr in those same 3rd down spots Mariota got them out of. And he certainly wouldn't have been able to get that TD Mariota had scrambling. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He 100% does, which is why he was enamored with Kyler Murray. And also why he's made such an emphasis on Carr improving his play of script. 

And you have to admit.... Last night, Mariota showed a lot of what Carr cannot do. He carried the team with playing point guard last night. I question if that game is as close with Carr in those same 3rd down spots Mariota got them out of. And he certainly wouldn't have been able to get that TD Mariota had scrambling. 

agreed, but that's because like when Carr is there no one gets open from rollout scheme we use. luckily mariota is more decisive to run.

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's because, for a bunch of "armchair GM" fans, most of us know enough about football to genuinely run this team better than it's being run. 

We both know we won't get what we want. 

I'd have traded 12 for Buckner last season. Fans overvalue draft picks outside the top 10. If you can get an all-pro talent, do it. Proven commodities >> potential draft picks. 

Imagine Buckner at 12, then grab a WR at 19 because it was a deep class. How much better would things look right now?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'd have traded 12 for Buckner last season. Fans overvalue draft picks outside the top 10. If you can get an all-pro talent, do it. Proven commodities >> potential draft picks. 

Imagine Buckner at 12, then grab a WR at 19 because it was a deep class. How much better would things look right now?

agree, I mean hindsight and u had to pay buckner too. 

Aiyuk and Buckner, or possible ruggs still.

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

3T is clearly our biggest need, but this is the worst draft for 3T’s in the 1st Round I’ve seen in a while... and I’m really really tired of reaching. 

I agree that 3T is our biggest need and no need to reach with so many holes to fill on D.  Go BPA and hopefully that is a stud edge rusher. 

For what I have been reading Wilson might not be bad value but I dont know too much about him.  Do you think round 2 for him is too rich and do you think he is just s depth piece or could he turn out to be an impact player?   We desperately need to land an impact player in round at least 1, 2 and 3. That is not an easy task. 

Ideally it would be great to land that 3T in FA Chris Jones or L. Williams but it's appears doubtful that either of those two hit the FA market.  Williams is a possibility and I would make that priority number 1 in FA.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that 3T is our biggest need and no need to reach with so many holes to fill on D.  Go BPA and hopefully that is a stud edge rusher. 

For what I have been reading Wilson might not be bad value but I dont know too much about him.  Do you think round 2 for him is too rich and do you think he is just s depth piece or could he turn out to be an impact player?   We desperately need to land an impact player in round at least 1, 2 and 3. That is not an easy task. 

Ideally it would be great to land that 3T in FA Chris Jones or L. Williams but it's appears doubtful that either of those two hit the FA market.  Williams is a possibility and I would make that priority number 1 in FA.

Jones is locked up and I expect the same for Big Cat. If JJ watt wasn’t 31 and closer to say 28 I’d say see what it would take to get him in the middle of the Raiders line

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Jones is locked up and I expect the same for Big Cat. If JJ watt wasn’t 31 and closer to say 28 I’d say see what it would take to get him in the middle of the Raiders line

I haven't looked at either teams cap situation and I forgot KC did lock up Jones.  The Giants would be insane to let Big Cat walk but then again they're the Giants.  

If that's the case and no impact 3T are available in FA then we will have to look for that impact 3T in the draft or roll with our depth players as starters again.  Having to roll with the same interior Dline next year would be sad....

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I haven't looked at either teams cap situation and I forgot KC did lock up Jones.  The Giants would be insane to let Big Cat walk but then again they're the Giants.  

If that's the case and no impact 3T are available in FA then we will have to look for that impact 3T in the draft or roll with our depth players as starters again.  Having to roll with the same interior Dline next year would be sad....

You never know with Leonard Williams. He may hit the market. A lot of pass rushers could. Judon and Ngakoue as well. Some seriously proven rushers could be out there.

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wanted Kinlaw and Jefferson.  I would not have been against Buckner and Jefferson.  Just a matter of cost versus draft uncertainty.  

100% hindsight but imagine we do not give a 2nd round draft pick back to the Bears in the 2020 draft and we trade up into the 2nd round with our wasted 3rd round picks and a 4th.  

#12 - Javon Kinlaw DT

#19 - Justin Jefferson WR

#43 - Antoine Winfield Jr. - S

#50 - Jaylon Johnson - CB

I know it is hindsight and what ifs but these are 4 players that many of us were high on.  We still could have drafted Edwards, Blackmon, Moss, or Dantzler at 80.  Our defense would look a lot better but still needing more outside pass rush.  Jefferson would be a good fit for us also but who knows how taking away Ruggs might affect us.